/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaams From Saudi Arabia

Muhminah123
12-12-2007, 06:01 AM
As Salaam Alaikum everyone,

I just found this website and it seemed like a real friendly place to meet other Muslims and make friends. So here I am!

I'm originally from the US but now living/working in Saudi Arabia. I love traveling and meeting new people.

Hope to get to know you all a bit more.

Muslimah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
edil
12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Masha'allah sis its nice having you join this forum. Insha'allah its a really good forum and I hope you beneffit a lot from it.

Muhminah123
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Jazakallahu Khairan!

------
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
:salamext:

Welcome to the forums!

Inshaa Allaah you will have a beneficial stay here.

Any questions? Please ask Inshaa Allaah.

P.S. What part of Saudi Arabia are you from?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
I live in Saudi Arabia as well, Muminah, in Riyadh. What part are you in?

Abdul-Raouf
12-13-2007, 01:58 AM

:sl:

muslim1
12-13-2007, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhminah123
As Salaam Alaikum everyone,

I just found this website and it seemed like a real friendly place to meet other Muslims and make friends. So here I am!

I'm originally from the US but now living/working in Saudi Arabia. I love traveling and meeting new people.

Hope to get to know you all a bit more.

Muslimah
You welcome Sis. This is a very nice forum to know good people; including muslims, reverts and nonmuslims too. I lived in Arabia for a while too. :)

Muhminah123
12-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm in Riyadh.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Welcome to the forums!

Inshaa Allaah you will have a beneficial stay here.

Any questions? Please ask Inshaa Allaah.

P.S. What part of Saudi Arabia are you from?

syilla
12-13-2007, 05:52 AM
:w:

welcome and have a beneficial stay.

post some pics of riyadh please... :)

Muhminah123
12-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Mashallah, I'm also in Riyadh. How long have you been here? Maybe we even know each other lol!

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
I live in Saudi Arabia as well, Muminah, in Riyadh. What part are you in?

Muhminah123
12-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Pics of Riyadh? Hmmm....will have to see. But I see that you're in Malaysia. I should be asking you to post some pictures of Malaysia, since Malaysia is one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited! I actually lived there for about 2 years and loved the natural beauty of the country.

Muhminah

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

welcome and have a beneficial stay.

post some pics of riyadh please... :)

Muhminah123
12-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Shukran! Yes, it does seem like a nice easy going forum. Which part of Arabia were you in and for how long?

format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
You welcome Sis. This is a very nice forum to know good people; including muslims, reverts and nonmuslims too. I lived in Arabia for a while too. :)

crayon
12-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Haha, maybe! This is my third year living here. I don't like it much, though. :P

How long have you lived here?

As for pictures of riyadh, they're not exactly easy to take, since taking photos in public is taboo.

Muhminah123
12-14-2007, 05:18 AM
I've been here 12 years. And yes, in the beginning it can be quite hard to get used to. But in time you can get accustomed to things.

Haha, maybe! This is my third year living here. I don't like it much, though. :P

How long have you lived here?

As for pictures of riyadh, they're not exactly easy to take, since taking photos in public is taboo.

crayon
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Okay, since you've lived here for so long, I've got a question for you.

What do you do during eid??!
This is my first proper eid here, and we don't have any relatives here, so there's no one to see. I'm assuming we'll just go out to restaurants and that.
What else is there to do??

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-14-2007, 05:17 PM

Muhminah123
12-15-2007, 07:17 AM
There's a large community of expat reverts here made up of mostly Americans and Brits. So, usually what we do is hire an Istiraha for the day. I assume you're familiar with those, right? (They are large villas out in the dessert.)

Each family will contribute a certain amount to the cost of the Istiraha which will have an area for men and an area for women. It's usually catered from a local restaurant and of course people bring their own food as well. there's usually games and activities for the children and adults. And sometimes an Islamic lecture from one of the scholars here.

Basically, this is how we spend the eid day. Normally start at about 12PM and lasts until about 12AM - something like that.

If there is anything like this planned, I'll be happy to pass on the details to you. If you're interested, please PM me your email.

Hope to meet up with you!

Okay, since you've lived here for so long, I've got a question for you.

What do you do during eid??!
This is my first proper eid here, and we don't have any relatives here, so there's no one to see. I'm assuming we'll just go out to restaurants and that.
What else is there to do??

Muhminah123
12-15-2007, 07:23 AM
That's beautiful sister Mujaheedah, thank you.

Where are you from in South America?

I always thought that if I ever HAD to go back to the West to live, I might be interested in either Venezuela or Cortiba - Brazil.

I understand that Venezuela has a large Muslim population. And Cortiba, well, I just like what I've read about it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

crayon
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
That sounds really interesting, muminah!
Apparently though, my folks have got this eid planned out, but they're not telling us what we're going to do.:P
It'll be good, hopefully.

Btw, do you have any children? Maybe I know them from school?

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum
Welcome to the forum!

Ali.
12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
:sl: Sister,

I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

al Amaanah
12-16-2007, 03:56 PM

Welcome to LI ukhti. Insha Allah you'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here.

Muhminah123
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
I hope you have a beautiful Eid day.

Nope. No children.

That sounds really interesting, muminah!
Apparently though, my folks have got this eid planned out, but they're not telling us what we're going to do.:P
It'll be good, hopefully.

Btw, do you have any children? Maybe I know them from school?

Muhminah123
12-17-2007, 06:18 AM
And thanks to all of you for your warm welcome.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.