/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American Muslims, have you heard of Ron Paul?

Roasted Cashew
12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I truly hope that Amercicans regardless of religion would vote for this man called Ron Paul and join the revolution. He truly understands terrorism.

He is a Republican. Look him up alright.
Here's a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wucR65Q9OA

His website:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Roasted Cashew
01-15-2008, 03:51 AM
He is also the only Presenditial Candidate who truly understands terrorism and will be able to tackle the core issues. I do hope that Americans will vote for him and bring some peace to the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJ7URfBPco

snakelegs
01-15-2008, 04:30 AM
like any other half way decent candidate, ron paul has no chance.

Roasted Cashew
01-15-2008, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
like any other half way decent candidate, ron paul has no chance.
That's very sad if you ask me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
01-15-2008, 04:50 AM
i agree. :unhappy:

Cognescenti
01-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Guys;

I can understand how Paul's advocacy of isolationism would seem attractive to the powerless, but if you think that if the world superpower simply declined to participate in international affairs the planet would be swept by gigantic fields of flowers you are painfully naive. What do you think about Russia or China as the world's superpower?

How long do you think the Gulf States would last against Iran?

And the next tsunami? Don't come whining to the US for help.

جوري
01-15-2008, 05:48 AM
Ron Paul it is ......

ahsan28
01-15-2008, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
He is also the only Presenditial Candidate who truly understands terrorism and will be able to tackle the core issues.

Their foreign policy is likely to remain unchanged. The doctrine of expanding American influence under the banner of exporting freedom and democracy and building a global hegemony is a key factor in US foreign policy :D

Keltoi
01-15-2008, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Their foreign policy is likely to remain unchanged. The doctrine of expanding American influence under the banner of exporting freedom and democracy and building a global hegemony is a key factor in US foreign policy :D
That gets to the question of who "we"(the U.S.) are and what we stand for. If we don't feel personal freedom and democratic government is worth promoting what does that say about us? One can argue about how the U.S. goes about promoting it, but I see nothing wrong with making that a vital element to U.S. foreign policy.

Jayda
01-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Ron Paul is a racist...

KAding
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Not if Ron Paul can help it. He doesn't feel it's the responsibility of the US to get involved in the rest of the world. Thats why he wants to close foreign bases, retreat from Iraq asap, leave the UN and abolish all forms of foreign aid.

KAding
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
Ron Paul is a racist...
Explain.

Cognescenti
01-15-2008, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Ron Paul it is ......
:giggling: Purest made a funny

Cognescenti
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Explain.
I don't mean to speak for Jayda but playing the racism card is a common tactic to oppose those who object to unlimited immigration. :nervous:

جوري
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
:giggling: Purest made a funny
you never were cured of those bouts of cachinnation were you? just always travel with a companion and your 'normal' certificate lest they wheel you into the nut house :D

To think I was going to waste my one vote.. not only do I intend to vote for him, but will fwd this to all my contacts who don't usually vote, just to spite you, which frankly as good a reason as any to pick a president :smile:

cheers

ahsan28
01-15-2008, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Thats why he wants to close foreign bases, retreat from Iraq asap, leave the UN and abolish all forms of foreign aid.
Sooner, the better, please ask him to include Afghanistan also :D

KelleyD
01-16-2008, 01:49 AM
Not with Ron Paul. His foreign policy is strickly NO INTERVENTION so that we can focus on getting our economy back on it's feet. Instead of spending 2 trillion on the War in Iraq we can use that money to try and bail out Social Security. He's running as a Republican but he's really a Constitutionalist. He voted against the war. The only other politician to do that was Dennis Kucinich and he's not getting alot of support either. Dr. Paul has my vote and alot of other people I know--sadly, he won't win the nomination but he has woke up alot of Americans to how far away from the Constitution we really are.

Roasted Cashew
01-16-2008, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KelleyD
Not with Ron Paul. His foreign policy is strickly NO INTERVENTION so that we can focus on getting our economy back on it's feet. Instead of spending 2 trillion on the War in Iraq we can use that money to try and bail out Social Security. He's running as a Republican but he's really a Constitutionalist. He voted against the war. The only other politician to do that was Dennis Kucinich and he's not getting alot of support either. Dr. Paul has my vote and alot of other people I know--sadly, he won't win the nomination but he has woke up alot of Americans to how far away from the Constitution we really are.
You are completely right. He is not an isolationist really. He said he wants to diplomatically be in touch with every country and would like to trade with all of em. It's just that when it comes to WAR, he won't act on his own like Bush. He will either wait for the Congress to approve it or UN Security Council to approve it. So all these people out there who say that under RON PAUL a genocide can take place and he won't act are really dumb.

Roasted Cashew
01-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Sooner, the better, please ask him to include Afghanistan also :D
Seriously man, if this guy became the president, I would go out Cheering "LONG LIVE AMERICA". I will record a video kissing the American flag and post it on youtube.;D

wilberhum
01-16-2008, 02:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
Seriously man, if this guy became the president, I would go out Cheering "LONG LIVE AMERICA". I will record a video kissing the American flag and post it on youtube.;D
Well that is just one more reason not to vote for Paul. :D

He is a looser too. :hiding:

Roasted Cashew
01-16-2008, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Well that is just one more reason not to vote for Paul. :D

He is a looser too. :hiding:
Why would Cheering "Long Live America" and kissing the American flag make me a looser. OR were you only talking about RON PAUL?

Cognescenti
01-16-2008, 06:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KelleyD
You have it partly right Kelly. He is an isolationist and a Consitutionalist. That is, however, why he would not spend previously earmarked DOD dollars on Social Security. In fact, the Libertarian position is that Social Security shouldn't exist :D

Neither should the Federal Highway Program, NASA, Food Stamps, Student Loans....etc etc.. I am getting the feeling you do not understand the Libertarian position.

Tha fact that you would consider Paul an alternative to Kucinich is really a laugh riot.

جوري
01-16-2008, 06:20 AM

Cognescenti
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM

You know, Purest, the further away we get from Ramadan....the.....what is the word.."edgier" your replies get.

Ron Paul really is a Libertarian in Republican clothing. I do agree with many of his points. I disagree with his ideas on defence. If you all want to vote for him, feel free. He would be far better than Kucinich. It just won't be seen as anything more than a protest vote and who is to judge what the protest is about.....illegal immigration, high taxes or "foreign entanglements". Elections are fun. Enjoy!

Paul Oh-Eight, Paul Oh-Eight, Paul Oh-Eight!......

I would pay to see the faces in Congress when he started vetoing all their appropriation bills.

MTAFFI
01-16-2008, 05:08 PM
you have to admit though, that was rather funny....lol

جوري
01-16-2008, 10:25 PM
You know, Purest, the further away we get from Ramadan....the.....what is the word.."edgier" your replies get.
I can make them even 'edgier'..:smile:

Ron Paul really is a Libertarian in Republican clothing.
I should care because?

I do agree with many of his points.
This concerns me how?

I disagree with his ideas on defence.
:haha:.. you should coin that term, unless you've been made british by injection?

If you all want to vote for him, feel free.
I know and I shall :coolious:

He would be far better than Kucinich.
ok..
It just won't be seen as anything more than a protest vote and who is to judge what the protest is about
Do you ask Jesus to bind his head to yours while standing on line for these divine insights? or where exactly are these delusions of grandiosity coming from?

.....illegal immigration, high taxes or "foreign entanglements". Elections are fun. Enjoy!
I intend to!

Paul Oh-Eight, Paul Oh-Eight, Paul Oh-Eight!......
Don't forget your Dallas Cowboys' Cheerleader outfit .. that a girl :coolalien

I would pay to see the faces in Congress when he started vetoing all their appropriation bills.
careful not to splurge, you'll need all $6.00 a down payment for that unibomber shack..

cheers

Cognescenti
01-16-2008, 10:44 PM
careful not to splurge, you'll need all $6.00 a down payment for that unibomber shack..
cheers
Dont you mean "unabomber" :smile: The money wont be a problem. I found a fixer-upper.

جوري
01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
I know you to be a google scholar
"UNABOM" ("UNiversity and Airline BOMber") to refer to his case, which resulted in variants such as Unabomer, Unibomber, and Unabomber when the media started using the name
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Kaczynski
a shame to turn into a debauchee at your age to afford a stinkin' shack!

cheers

Roasted Cashew
01-17-2008, 05:16 AM
I do agree with many of his points. I disagree with his ideas on defence.
Would you point out what you don't like about his ideas of defence. I don't know much about his ideas of defence. I mean I like many of his foreign policies but perhaps I never payed attention to domestic defence. So pls let me know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.