/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Defending Islam and explaining it to others

crayon
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
One of the reasons I joined this site was to try to learn how to perform da'wah.

Before joining here, I was pretty active on forums, non islamic ones, that were basically a waste of time. As is common nowadays, islam is regularly discussed, and not exactly in a good light.

I try to do my best to explain the truth of islam, but I'm not old enough or knowledgeable enough to refute the evidence and beliefs of arguments against islam. Eventually, I avoided discussing religion at all, because of two main reasons.

Firstly, I was afraid to give incorrect information about islam, therefore distorting the person's vision of it, and being responsible for it on the day of judgement.

Secondly, seeing as I didn't have enough knowledge to debate and convince others of my point of view, I would just give up, and they would consider themselves as being correct in their beliefs, taking them even further from the truth of islam.

I know one of the main steps is to read more about islam, understand how to explain about it to other people, etc. But what else can I do to make da'wah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Thread Approved.

genki
12-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I guess it takes a lot of knowledge. Then you need to have the right attitude, style and flair.

Then ofcourse youd want to know the other sides points of views and their doctrines etc.

Inshallah then you can debate well.

Checkout for example Brother Ahmed Deedat(may god rest his soul) and look at how well he knows the bible and the scriptures.

Knowledge is power.

crayon
12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
But until I have enough knowledge, do I stop trying, so I don't get defeated?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
But until I have enough knowledge, do I stop trying, so I don't get defeated?
Yes. There is no shame in backing out of a debate if you do not have the knowledge to debate in the first place. Slightly embarrasing, it may be. Shameful? No. You do your best and noone can ask for anything more.

crayon
12-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Thing is, embarrassment isn't an issue for me. It's this thought: if I'm not defending islam, does that mean I'm not making da'wah, does that mean I'm sinning, since muslims are required to make da'wah?

muslim1
12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Salam Cryon,
I dont fully agree with your argument. No one can ask you to be like Ahmed Dedat ! No one can ask you to argue with others about Islam.

You can simply tell others what you are sure about in Islam. You can tell others that Islam is the religion of peace, love, respect and that It calls for justice, fairness, righteousness, etc.

Islam is so simple and clear. :)

May be it is Satan who doesnt want you to do good things in this world. :):thumbs_up

caroline
12-23-2007, 11:42 PM
what is da 'wah?

muslim1
12-23-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by caroline
what is da 'wah?
Salam Caroline,
It means calling others for Islam. :peace:

SomeHowpossible
02-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Why you say that what you dont do...

Man i have read about the historical personalities who have spread islam an tis light throughout the world. If only you consider MOIN UD DIN (Ajmer, INDIA), on his hands 9 million people embrace islam, but he have not written books or given the speeches from place to place. He only putted his act infront of others, He was model of sunnah and lover of Allah, so people automatically saw the light in him and headed towards him.
correcting over self is 1st step towards preaching. if some one embraces islam it will not effect allah's glory. but we if we like islam then this islam should also reach to the others, not by force.
_______
sss

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.