/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alhamdulillah....help needed explaining Islam to my non-muslim brother

Rabi'ya
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM
:sl:

Last night my car broke down. It was dark and I was in the car with my younger(16 yr old) brother. We were waiting at the side of the road, alone for about an hour for the creakdown guy to come out and fix the car. We were waiting and waiting. Loads of cars came by and each time my brother was saying "please please can you be the breakdown guy...i just wanna go home, im cold....blah, blah...." anyway after a while i could see this cars lights coming on the horizon I said bismillah and my brother asked what I was saying....I told him to say Bismillah and its meaning....I asked him to say it and he said he didnt want to coz he doesnt believe in it. I said to him well then just whisper it even if you dont want me to hear. I heard him whisper it to himself and ALHAMDULILLAH that car arrived and it was the breakdown guy.
My brother was so amazed.While i was driving back he then asked me about saying bismillah and in what circumstances you say it. I explained to him that you should say it before starting anything and that it puts your faith in Allah and trust that He will give you the best outcome, whatever that may be.....
Since last night, my brother has become quiet and hes asked me a few questions about Islam...

Any ideas where I should take it from here......?

Just after some basic guidance really...

:w:

your sister in Islam,

Rabi'ya:rose:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azim
09-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Salamu alaykum.

Alhamdulillah, it's great he's shown an interest. I think it might be a good idea for you to introduce him to other muslims his age who have strong iman. It'll show him Islam in action and in an almost tangible way, rather than being a religion distant and foreign. Inshallah Allah guides him.

Salam.

basitisnumberone
09-22-2005, 09:08 PM
great reply brother Hashim
i would like to add that you should give him a translation of the meaning of the Quran and insh'Allah so he can read whenever he wants. he might be reluctant or shy to ask you for yours.
i pray that Allah guides him and increases your faith sister.

- Qatada -
09-22-2005, 09:20 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

hey masha Allah thats really good and it shows Allah (swt) can make even a minor thing change someones mind/beliefs drastically. i think one of the easiest ways would be for you to invite him to a islamic forum, maybe even this one cz this way - all the pressure wont be on you to convince him.. at the same time when he joins the forum, he'll insha Allah start to understand that not all muslims are 'exotic' or waeva dey call it and that people from all over the world are muslims and they all have a social life too.

he can register and we can all greet him, we can all have general chat with him and naturally he will want to look at what islam is about. when he finds out the people are friendly he'll want to join in with the discussions and when he reads the posts he'll see the islamic perspective on matters insha Allah. insha Allah wen he starts getting even more interested you can lend him some islamic books so he can read them before he sleeps at night etc. but dont force non of it on him or else he might back off, show him that you want to help but make sure u dont force it on him or else this loses the persons interest in the matter.

we will pray for him insha Allah and show him you do want to help even in the most simplest of ways. you have to keep in mind that due to his shyness/quietness regarding religion, he wont want you always asking him direct questions such as how he feels regarding it etc. (at least not at the beginning.) but naturally as time progresses and with the help of Allah (swt) he will open up more and you can discuss matters with him more freely insha Allah.

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
09-23-2005, 08:48 AM

Jazakum Allahu Kharian

You've all been extremely helpful. MashaAllah. Its really good to have online support as I am from a non-muslim family, and am a revert myself. I also live in an area where there are few, if any, practising Muslims, and although I wish I can introduce him to some local Muslims I dont think that would do any good. Unless he wants help in how to get a girlfriend or how to go clubbing.

I will definitely talk to him further. He likes listening to nasheeds too alhamdulillah. I always play them in the car and he likes the beat. Its better than him listening to 50 Cent at least.

May Allah bless you all for the good deeds you have done, Ameen

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-23-2005, 09:41 AM
:sl: wr wb my :brother:z and :sister: z
First of all, mashaAllah sis Rabi'ya that's great :D ! (although I kinda already knew the story hehehe.... never mind every1 else :p ). Ok second of all you should treat this matter very carefully, and think before you say anything to him. Da'wah is essential but different people should be given da'wah differently. For example when i'm giving one person da'wah mashaAllah it really seems to touch their heart, but if I were speaking to another person in the same way it would be like I was talking to a brick wall! So I just figured i'd have to try other ways to get thru to them, and make du'a for them also coz Allah is the changer of the hearts. You know your brother best so only you can make this decision. Some people embrace Islam instantly while other embrace after years. An example being sheikh Abu Aminah Bilal Phillips, and how he helped his parents revert after so many years. Anyway sorry for the lengthy reply, and how unorganised my reply is.
Oh yeh last but not least, the 786 album worked ukhti... JAZAKALLAH :D :rose:!
:rose:Fi aman Allah:rose:

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-23-2005, 09:16 PM
I suggest starting with discussing the purpose of life and God. A great resource is the following site:
http://www.beconvinced.com

May Allah swt guide your brother to Islam and increase us all in faith and conviction. Ameen.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-24-2005, 11:41 AM
ameen bro, ameen!

waji
09-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Aslam u Alikum Sisters and Brothers
I think u should see what other person likes i mean as u told that he likes the music the same way do he like science related information and like that so give him islamic information in that way he will be closer to islam inshallah and the other thing u r living in that system and what attracted u to learn about islam
so there r many ways u can expain him
some informative sites
www.harunyahya.com
www.creationofuniverse.com
www.-----------------------
www.truthsforkids.com
May Allah does better for u and ur brother
Aslam u Alikum

Rabi'ya
09-24-2005, 07:15 PM
:sl: brother

JazakAllah for the links....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.