/* */

PDA

View Full Version : looking up whilst praying

zena_a
12-13-2007, 10:06 AM
is it haram to look up whilst praying because i tend to look up all the time. will my prayers be nullified?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Assalam o Allikum
good question, im also wondering about this now.. since im learning... i know you shouldnt be 'distracted' whilst doing namaz.. but simply looking up or in the direction of Qiblah?
is there anythign said about this.. and also.. should your eyes be open or may you have them closed?

crayon
12-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Your eyes should be open, and you should try to keep your eyes at the place of sujood. I'm fairly certain of this, just lemme try to look for a hadith to make sure.

edit- couldn't find a hadith, but this website explains everything about salah. http://darulislam.info/mod-ContentEx...ay-ceid-2.html

from it i got "6. When standing for Salat, keep you eyes looking at the spot where you make your Sajdah. Abstain from looking to your right and left, or front."

"7. In the state of Ruku', the ayes should be looking towards the feet. "

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Asslam o Allikum
Thanx... now off to do my maghrib prayer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noorseeker
12-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Im a scared to look up, i cant qoute where exactly but i remmeber reading if you look up in salah ,your eyesight might not be returned, any body know of the exact hadith.

MustafaMc
12-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Sr. Crayon replied accurately according to my understanding. We have our eyes open during salah and our focus is the point where our forehead touches the ground upon sujud, or prostration. I think it is a matter of following the Sunnah of Muhammad (saaws) and to aid us in concentration and focus during salah.

As a reminder we also place a sutra, or object, before us and don't let a person or animal pass between us and the sutra during salah. The sutra serves as a barrier beyond which people can pass in front of us.

chacha_jalebi
12-24-2007, 04:40 PM
an Anas ibn Malik radiAllah anhu qal qalaa RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) .... :D

"What is wrong with those people who look towards the sky during the Salat (prayer)?" his talk grew stern while delivering this speech and he said, "They should stop [looking towards the sky during the Salat (prayer)]; otherwise their eyes would be snatched away." the hadiths is in bukharii broo

Nájlá
12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
tnx crayon all the things hat u said about salah i didnt know and now i hope that allah will accepet my salah from now on

Al-Zaara
12-24-2007, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
Im a scared to look up, i cant qoute where exactly but i remmeber reading if you look up in salah ,your eyesight might not be returned, any body know of the exact hadith.
As a kid, a friend's Mum told me this. lol I never looked up before, but from then I never even thought about it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.