/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who has the right to make Haraam or Halaal?

AlGhrnati
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Peace All,

Many Muslims are in the bad habit of declaring this Halaal and evn more frequently that Haraam. Now as far as I know Declaring Haraam or halal is the prerogative of Allah only. Not even the prophet was allowed to do that:
"This (Quran) is the utterance of an honourable messenger. It is not the utterance of a poet; rarely do you believe. Nor is it the utterance of a soothsayer; rarely do you take heed. A revelation from the Lord of the universe. HAD HE EVER UTTERED ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS UTTERANCES (attributed to us), we would have punished him severely, then we would have stopped the revelation to him. None of you could have protected him against us." (69:40-47)

What do you guys think?imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim1
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlGhrnati
Peace All,

Many Muslims are in the bad habit of declaring this Halaal and evn more frequently that Haraam. Now as far as I know Declaring Haraam or halal is the prerogative of Allah only. Not even the prophet was allowed to do that:
"This (Quran) is the utterance of an honourable messenger. It is not the utterance of a poet; rarely do you believe. Nor is it the utterance of a soothsayer; rarely do you take heed. A revelation from the Lord of the universe. HAD HE EVER UTTERED ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS UTTERANCES (attributed to us), we would have punished him severely, then we would have stopped the revelation to him. None of you could have protected him against us." (69:40-47)

Yes Bro. You are right, but most of time these people I think are not that much acknowledgable to know what they are doing. Dont feel so bad for that! If you stop to think about bad things, you wont go on at all :p

NB this is not the right place to put such input. This is the divison of new comers :statisfie:peace::)

AlGhrnati
12-13-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
Yes Bro. You are right, but most of time these people I think are not that much acknowledgable to know what they are doing. Dont feel so bad for that! If you stop to think about bad things, you wont go on at all :p

NB this is not the right place to put such input. This is the divison of new comers :statisfie:peace::)
Salaamun Alaika Brother,

I still have much to learn about this forum. Looks like I won't get the time for it though as my posts are being deleted. Banishment is next I guess. Please repost your Yahoo Messenger address as it was deleted by mistake.:happy:

Umm Yoosuf
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlGhrnati
Peace All,

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Yes when the Prophet (pbuh) said halal it was a revelation from Allaah and when he said haram it was a revelation from Allaah. So everything the Prophet said regarding the deen (Islaam) was a revelation from Allaah. Thus there are two revelations the Quran and the Sunnah. The prove for this is in suraah Najm verse 3 and 4 "Nor does he speak out of desire. It is naught but revelation that is revealed, " These two verses are what the scholrs use as prove that whatever the Prophet said regarding Islaam is a type of relveation from Allah. Therefore the authentic sunnah is a revelation. That’s why in the Quran whenever Allah speaks about obedience He states Allah and His Messenger.

Therefore, although Allaah is the law maker the Prophet was sent as a guide to explain the Qur'an. His sunnah explains the Qur'an and also the Qur'an explains the Sunnah. Many fundamental matters in Islaam have not being explained thoroughly in the Qur'an. E.g. There is no detailed descriptions of how to give Zakat in the Qur'an, example what percentage?, who has to give it, who is exempted from it etc Also with regards to cutting the hand of the theft- which hand should be cut? From where should the hand be cut? Also is there certain amount of value that the item must possess in order for the punishment to be established? etc
All of this detail is given in the Sunnah. You many aruge that there are many inauthentic hadeeth but the fact that the sunnah explains the Qur'an it necessities that Allaah will also protects the Sunnah and He promised to protect the Qur'an.

Therefore whatever is necessary form the Sunnah to explain the Quran and for a general guidance of the Ummah will be preserved by Allah. I recommend you to read this article: http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/48.pdf

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AlGhrnati
12-14-2007, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Yes when the Prophet (pbuh) said halal it was a revelation from Allaah and when he said haram it was a revelation from Allaah. So everything the Prophet said regarding the deen (Islaam) was a revelation from Allaah. Thus there are two revelations the Quran and the Sunnah. The prove for this is in suraah Najm verse 3 and 4 "Nor does he speak out of desire. It is naught but revelation that is revealed, " These two verses are what the scholrs use as prove that whatever the Prophet said regarding Islaam is a type of relveation from Allah. Therefore the authentic sunnah is a revelation. That’s why in the Quran whenever Allah speaks about obedience He states Allah and His Messenger.

Therefore, although Allaah is the law maker the Prophet was sent as a guide to explain the Qur'an. His sunnah explains the Qur'an and also the Qur'an explains the Sunnah. Many fundamental matters in Islaam have not being explained thoroughly in the Qur'an. E.g. There is no detailed descriptions of how to give Zakat in the Qur'an, example what percentage?, who has to give it, who is exempted from it etc Also with regards to cutting the hand of the theft- which hand should be cut? From where should the hand be cut? Also is there certain amount of value that the item must possess in order for the punishment to be established? etc
All of this detail is given in the Sunnah. You many aruge that there are many inauthentic hadeeth but the fact that the sunnah explains the Qur'an it necessities that Allaah will also protects the Sunnah and He promised to protect the Qur'an.

Therefore whatever is necessary form the Sunnah to explain the Quran and for a general guidance of the Ummah will be preserved by Allah. I recommend you to read this article: http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/48.pdf
Wa Alaikum Salaam,

Well put, however the question lingers: If indeed the Hadith was revelation, then why wasn't it preserved and protected, neither by God nor by the four rightly guided Khalifas, in the manner of the Quraan? And why did the prophet (pbuh)prohibit the compiling of Hadith? Please don't tell me it was so as not to be tangled up with the Quranic revelations; that just doesn't hold water.

The way things stand Sunnis have their body of "Sahih" hadith and the Shia have theirs. A good number of Hadith contradict, either each other or the Quraan or both, leaving us, to some extent with conjecture, which Allah has severely warned us against.

P.S. I expect this post will be deleted D.S.:peace:

MinAhlilHadeeth
12-14-2007, 06:31 PM
:salamext:

This issue has been discussed to some extent before:

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ct-hadith.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ith-women.html

Please browse through the above threads.

I also recommend that you read this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/328450-post2.html

Please read the links that have been provided to you by Al-Mu'minah and I.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.