/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalamu alaykum

lailamccarthy
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I am also a new muslimah...Im not too use to write in forums, but I have some questions that I would like to know the answers if someone know about it...:D here I go..
Abû Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger

(peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in

Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word

or remain silent. And whoever believes in Allah and

the Last Day should show hospitality to his

neighbor. And whoever believes in Allah and the

Last Day should show hospitality to his guest.” [

Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim ]

ok..my question is this!!! is this just aplicable to a muslim neighbor, Im talking about the part that it says that we should show hospitality....and I think it means to be nice too right?? its because the other day me and my husband were on our way home and I saw a neighbor...she is 9 month pregnant...she was going to our apartment complex, and I asked my husband to give her a ride cuz we were going to our apartment also (ooh I forgot to mention that it was snowing)and he told me that NOOOO cuz he doesnt know her and doesnt know what kind of person she is...I told her that we should be nice with ppl cuz thats what I learned even before Islam, but he said that she wasn't a muslim so it is not that he HAS TOO HELP :( but I felt that was wrong..and I want to make sure if he was right ...we should help just muslim or everybody????I mean someday I would probably need help too, and we are not around muslims....and even now...there are some none muslim ppl that have been helping me...(I'm pregnant too) THANKS
Assalamu alaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
12-13-2007, 09:21 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a beneficial stay here Insha'Allah! :)

About your question, what harm can a can a heavily pregnant woman do? I think it is a really nice idea to help her, and it would have shown her that Muslims are not bad people, which unforunately many non-muslims think due to the bad media.

Pk_#2
12-13-2007, 09:24 PM
No offence to your hubby, but some guys are so lame these days, help out the sister! What the .... Hmm

Agreed with abdullah, but you can wait for dhaleel sis,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

lailamccarthy
12-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah...that's what I thought too...but I couldn't make him change his mind :(
well thanks for your replies!!!
by the way..I dont know if Im writting this in the right place lol
sorry first time in this forum

salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
when people see the muslims act with non-muslims nicely, they know how muslims are, and some even start learning about islam and convert. So why not help her. Me and my mom help people who need help all the time. Even one time we were going to an arabic market with my dad, and a girl went in there asking where is ______, a school, and we the owner said its not here, and so she left. Then my dad asked me what she came for (he is deaf), and I told him she was looking for the school ____, and he said, wow thats way past the highway! and so we drove the car towards her and told her we can drive her, and she was very thankful. Its not haram to help people. And yes umma wasat, most men are really lame these days. not all tho. :)

lailamccarthy
12-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Truemuslim, thanks to you too for taking your time...yeah as I said I felt bad for not being able to help her, I am not as good as my husband in the religion, I mean he knows better than me, so I thought I was missing something :( He converted like 14 years ago and I converted 2 years ago...so yeah I'm kinda new..sooo Ill come back later with more questions :D
lol

assalamu aleykum

format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
when people see the muslims act with non-muslims nicely, they know how muslims are, and some even start learning about islam and convert. So why not help her. Me and my mom help people who need help all the time. Even one time we were going to an arabic market with my dad, and a girl went in there asking where is ______, a school, and we the owner said its not here, and so she left. Then my dad asked me what she came for (he is deaf), and I told him she was looking for the school ____, and he said, wow thats way past the highway! and so we drove the car towards her and told her we can drive her, and she was very thankful. Its not haram to help people. And yes umma wasat, most men are really lame these days. not all tho. :)

Kittygyal
12-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Assalamualikum.

Dua'ah is the best thing ever.

Ma'assalama

- Qatada -
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Asalaamu alaikum sister.

I think it's important to note that what is mentioned in the hadith is that it's a neighbour, whereas when muslims are specifically mentioned - they might be termed as brothers in the Prophetic ahadith.

We even know that the Prophets would be kind to those who were their neighbours and even any other person, even if they were non muslims.

It's clearly stated in the Qur'an;

Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

[Qur'an Surah Mumtahinah 60:8]

Those who disbelieve, yet are at peace with the Muslims - without expelling us from our homes or fighting against us - then we should treat them good. It's our duty as muslims to be good to others, especially in todays time when we as muslims need to show a good example to non muslims of Islam - since they are getting their understanding of Islam from no-one except those who hate it.

So shouldn't we be the first people to show them that Islam really is good? Maybe this will help her or bring her closer to the truth, and she might just become muslim insha Allah.

Here's a good link aswell insha Allah;
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_quest...sub_cat_id=114

The reason why the Muslims are chosen by Allah is because we are willing to help others without expecting a reward off them, even if they are non muslim. If all us muslims had this good mentality - then we would be the most loved people on the earth. Let's do that from now insha Allah.

lailamccarthy
12-13-2007, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Asalaamu alaikum sister.

I think it's important to note that what is mentioned in the hadith is that it's a neighbour, whereas when muslims are specifically mentioned - they might be termed as brothers in the Prophetic ahadith.

We even know that the Prophets would be kind to those who were their neighbours and even any other person, even if they were non muslims.

It's clearly stated in the Qur'an;

Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

[Qur'an Surah Mumtahinah 60:8]

Those who disbelieve, yet are at peace with the Muslims - without expelling us from our homes or fighting against us - then we should treat them good. It's our duty as muslims to be good to others, especially in todays time when we as muslims need to show a good example to non muslims of Islam - since they are getting their understanding of Islam from no-one except those who hate it.

So shouldn't we be the first people to show them that Islam really is good? Maybe this will help her or bring her closer to the truth, and she might just become muslim insha Allah.

Here's a good link aswell insha Allah;
http://www.islamtoday.com/show_quest...sub_cat_id=114

The reason why the Muslims are chosen by Allah is because we are willing to help others without expecting a reward off them, even if they are non muslim. If all us muslims had this good mentality - then we would be the most loved people on the earth. Let's do that from now insha Allah.
Assalamu alaykum!!! this information it's very helpful...this is what I wanted...some parts in the Quran that it said it....thanks a lot for taking your time and for sharing this info and the link
may Allah bless you.

truemuslim
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lailamccarthy
Truemuslim, thanks to you too for taking your time...yeah as I said I felt bad for not being able to help her, I am not as good as my husband in the religion, I mean he knows better than me, so I thought I was missing something :( He converted like 14 years ago and I converted 2 years ago...so yeah I'm kinda new..sooo Ill come back later with more questions :D
lol

assalamu aleykum
Alaikum assalam. Feel free to come back anytime and ask questions. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.