/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Sermon

lewcow
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM
In the Farewell Sermon, toward the end, where it is stated that there will be no other prophet or apostle - what is the Arabic word that is translated as apostle? Where might I find a translated reference?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crayon
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I looked everywhere for this.

This:
"فلا ترجعن بعدى كافراً يضرب بعضكم رقاب بعض، فإني قد تركت فيكم ما إن أخذتم به لن تضلوا بعده: كتاب الله وسنة نبيه، ألا هل بلغت ... اللهم فاشهد."

Is translated as this:
"No prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well therefore, O people, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray."

And I've read it over and over. This is the only part that sort of fits with the english part. But it doesn't really make sense, does it?

(I know that's not answering your question lewcow, but I can't even seem to find the word prophet or apostle in here!)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.