/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Footballer saves Masjid in Spain!

mujahideenryder
12-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Footballer saves Masjid in Spain!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
12-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Mashallah.. may allah grant him jannah. but is that really football? where the helmen and pads?

Roasted Cashew
12-15-2007, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
Mashallah.. may allah grant him jannah. but is that really football? where the helmen and pads?
No, this is not your American Football. Here we do call it football but over there in US you guys call it Soccer. HEHE!

Anyway. I'm very happy to learn the fact that he helped the Muslims. Actually, he is a very good player.

truemuslim
12-15-2007, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
No, this is not your American Football. Here we do call it football but over there in US you guys call it Soccer. HEHE!

Anyway. I'm very happy to learn the fact that he helped the Muslims. Actually, he is a very good player.

lol ok... thats what i thought when i looked at the pic.:giggling:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 09:59 AM
He's a Muslim? Masha Allah!!!

I thought he's a non Muslim as his name is Frederic.....

He spent almost a year salary for Muslims to worship Allah...

May Allah reward him jannah...

"The 30-year-old striker has not made any comment on the matter."
Some people would tell the whole world when they did charity works/donations etc. But not this guy..... good for him.

genki
12-15-2007, 10:22 AM
mashaallah!

chacha_jalebi
12-21-2007, 07:46 PM
SEVILLA'S Malian striker, Frederic Kanoute, has splashed out more than $700,000 to buy his own mosque in Spain.

The mosque is located in the Spanish city of Seville, where Kaounte plays his club football for Sevilla. The privately owned mosque was due to be sold after a contract to use the premises by the local Muslim population had expired. But Kanoute, one of the finalists for the 2007 BBC African Footballer of the Year award, stepped in to purchase the building.

Most of Seville's Muslims who will benefit from Kanoute's gesture are immigrants from north and west Africa. The Islamic Community of Spain confirmed that a last-minute appeal was made to Kanoute after the mosque had been put up for sale.

"The worshippers at Ponce De Leon are quite diverse but if it had not been for Kanoute, then we would not have had a mosque on Fridays, which is the most holy day of the week for Muslims," a spokesman for the Islamic Community of Spain told the local newspaper, Diario de Sevilla.

The 30-year-old striker has not made any comment on the matter. But city authorities have confirmed that the property has been registered in Kanoute's name. It is estimated that Kanoute has spent almost a year's salary to buy the mosque.

"We haven't got anything to say about the matter. It was a property up for sale; it's in a good area and it's a normal investment," added a Sevilla club official.

Kanoute is a devout Muslim, having made a public conversion 10 years ago. At the start of last season, he controversially taped over the logo of the Sevilla club's shirt sponsors - internet gaming company, 888.com - because he said his religion forbade the promotion of gambling.
mashallah and bless him, kanoute is a heavy player as well:D

source

jzcasejz
12-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Kanoute is a decent player. He once came to East London Masjid I think. Anyways, JazaakAllaah Khayr for posting... good stuff...

Talib_Rayhan
12-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Peace and Blessings be upon him...

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Assalam o Allikum
JazakAllahu, thanks for sharing
MashaAllah and a wonderful gesture by the talented footballer...
i actually used to play for the girls team when i was at school :giggling:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Kanoute is a decent player. He once came to East London Masjid I think. Anyways, JazaakAllaah Khayr for posting... good stuff...
:sl:
is he a muslim?

'Abd al-Baari
12-23-2007, 11:15 AM

Yes, he is a convert Masha'Allah

Kanoute is a devout Muslim, having made a public conversion 10 years ago. At the start of last season, he controversially taped over the logo of the Sevilla club's shirt sponsors - internet gaming company, 888.com - because he said his religion forbade the promotion of gambling.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
jazakallahu khair.

Pk_#2
12-23-2007, 01:40 PM
MashaAllah,

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

crayon
12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, mashallah.
Hopefully this purchase will be in his scales on the day of judgment.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
He also refused a deal whereby he wouldn't fast during Ramadan on matchdays as several other Muslim players agree to with their clubs. His told that he fasted last season during Ramadan and he was still the leagues topscorer:D:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.