/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Telephone

truemuslim
12-15-2007, 12:35 AM
Assalamu Alaikum, here is a really funny joke called "the golden telephone"

An American decided to write a book about famous Mosques around the world. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to China.

On his first day he was inside a Mosque taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000 per call".

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to Allah. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Japan. There, at a very large Mosque, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he had seen in China and he asked a nearby Holy man what its purpose was. He told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to Allah. "O.K., thank you," said the American.

He then traveled to India, Sri Lanka, Russia, Turkey, Israel, France, Germany,. In every Mosque he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel to Pakistan to see if Pakistanis had the same phone. He arrived in Pakistan, and again, in the first Mosque he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "One Rupee per call."

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. "Imam, I have traveled all over World and I have seen this same golden telephone in many Mosques. I am told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but everywhere the price was $10,000 per call."

"Why is it so cheap here?"

The priest smiled and answered, "You are in Pakistan now, son - it is a local call".

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
lol pakistan is considered heavan... so pretty...

praying4jannah
01-01-2008, 07:09 PM
salaam
LOL I AM FROM PAKISTAN.. AND I CN HONESTLY SAY THAT IT IS NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. FAR FROM IT.. hmm i had 2 actually read that more then once to get the joke.. and even still im not sure if ive got it. lol

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-02-2008, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by praying4jannah
salaam
LOL I AM FROM PAKISTAN.. AND I CN HONESTLY SAY THAT IT IS NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. FAR FROM IT.. hmm i had 2 actually read that more then once to get the joke.. and even still im not sure if ive got it. lol
waalikum assalam
looking from this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ah-swt-25.html
Pakistan is indeed beautiful and not "far from it" as you put it... i think every country has good n bad in them.. however dunno if i would consider it "heaven" on earth..

i think i heard the joke befor maybe in a different context.. cant remember...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-04-2008, 04:09 AM
yes pakistan is so pretty...too bad sommmmmmmmmone messed it up...

and yet its still butiful

noorseeker
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Ive heard people saying kashmir is heaven on earth, is that true

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 06:41 PM
^^^ i dunno... i think

didn't rasulallah have hadiths about yemen tho?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.