/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Stamp

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 10:36 AM
:sl:

Can anybody identify this Palestinian stamp?

ie. which year it was issued?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
genki
12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
1946 or thereabouts y?

'Abd al-Baari
12-15-2007, 10:46 AM

This site might help, Insha'Allah :)

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 10:50 AM
it looks like its from the 1940s..wa allahu a3lam..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Bigger version of it....

I wonder what building is that?

genki
12-15-2007, 10:53 AM
i was right 1946s checkout ebay and youll see others selling similar dated from then

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by genki
i was right 1946s checkout ebay and youll see others selling similar dated from then
People sell that stamp on e-bay?

I bought it for 10 cent only.:giggling:

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Bigger version of it....

I wonder what building is that?
are you serious:?

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
are you serious:?
Actually I just enlarge the stamp size..... in case you cant see clearly...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
actually what i meant by "are you serious" that its obvious that its masjid ul-aqsaa (well, atleast to me, it is)

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
actually what i meant by "are you serious" that its obvious that its masjid ul-aqsaa (well, atleast to me, it is)
LOLs sorry!!!!:okay:

Is it MAsjid Al Aqsa? If it includes Dome of Rock... with no doubt it's Masjid Al Aqsa... but it looks like a big house (or fort or palace) with a big tree...

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
It is one of the definitives from the 1946 series. I thought it was something else. As far as the building goes, it is hard to tell. the printing quality was not very good then. The series was introduced at the Palestine Philatelic exhibition in Tel Aviv in 1946.

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is one of the definitives from the 1946 series. I thought it was something else. As far as the building goes, it is hard to tell. the printing quality was not very good then. The series was introduced at the Palestine Philatelic exhibition in Tel Aviv in 1946.
1946.... and I bought it for 10 cent....:D

But it's hard to find "Palestine" stamps in Malaysia, so it'll be within my stamps collection FOREVER..... Insha Allah...

I really love this stamp.... the only stamp I have with the word "Palestine".:statisfie

genki
12-15-2007, 11:53 AM
stamp collector eh? whats your most valuable stamp?

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
1946.... and I bought it for 10 cent....:D

But it's hard to find "Palestine" stamps in Malaysia, so it'll be within my stamps collection FOREVER..... Insha Allah...

I really love this stamp.... the only stamp I have with the word "Palestine".:statisfie
I believe that is the only definitive issue every put out by Palestine as a whole independant nation. Definetly the last ever printed in Tel Aviv. Much history behind it. Well worth saving. You might not get rich from it, but it tells the story of a people and how so many lives changed shortly after it was issued.

Stamps carry so many stories, if only they could speak.

Most stamps with the Palestine on them are Egytian, Jordan and Israel overprints. Prior to 1946 they were Palestine Mandate and issued by Great Britain. After 1947 postage of Palestine became mostly locals.

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
stamp collector eh? whats your most valuable stamp?
do you mean the most expensive stamps I've bought?

A Trinidad & Tobago Stamps (King George era)... it costs me RM 50.00....

and I lost it when I moved into my new home...:offended:

But personally, the Palestinian stamp is the most valueable stamp of all..... even it's one of the cheapest stamp I have.

I love Palestine

genki
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
some stamps are worth hundreds arent they?

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
some worth millions...

But I wont spend hundreds on a stamp.... unless it's "really important" for me...

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I believe that is the only definitive issue every put out by Palestine as a whole independant nation. Definetly the last ever printed in Tel Aviv. Much history behind it. Well worth saving. You might not get rich from it, but it tells the story of a people and how so many lives changed shortly after it was issued.
Alhamdulillah.... I am honoured to be a keeper of a tiny bit of Palestinian history......:statisfie

genki
12-15-2007, 12:11 PM
millions? you serious? WOW

which ones are worth millions and how old would they have to be?

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Some stamps are worth many thousands. but, any collector will tell you that if you collect in hopes of getting rich, you are collecting for the wrong reason. Most collectors collect for interest, history and cultural appreciation. each stamp is a story and a lesson.

Many collectors specialize either by topic, country, era etc. I was a general collection, a little of everything. although I had some side topical collections USA confederate states stamps of 1860-65, horses, Russia, Poland and Lithuania.

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM

This 1880s Swedish stamp costs $ 2,270,000.00.

http://sammler.com/stamps/expstamp.htm

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Age has very little to do with the value. some error printings are quite valuable and new. While some very old stamps have little value.

It is the scaricity and demand that determines value. The most valuable ones are the ones that it is known that only one still exist. the most famous is the 1885 Magenta One penny stamp from British Guiana. the highest price ever paid for a stamp is US 2.3 Million for this 1857 Swedish stamp:

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks like 2 of us were thinking about the same stamp.

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:29 PM
the most famous is the 1885 Magenta One penny stamp from British Guiana.
British Guiana? I only have one 2 cents British Guiana stamp, the date stamped on the stamp was 31 March 1959. With pic of "Botanical Garden".

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
the first postage stamp ever printed the Queen Victoria Penny black of 1840 is the world's oldest stamp. However, so many were printed it is still considered fairly common and an excellent copy can be bought for under $100 US often they can be found at auctions for under $10.

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Looks like 2 of us were thinking about the same stamp.
LOLs....

Woodrow, do you have any Islamic/Muslim theme stamps.. please post it on Muslim/Islamic Stamps thread...

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
the first postage stamp ever printed the Queen Victoria Penny black of 1840 is the world's oldest stamp. However, so many were printed it is still considered fairly common and an excellent copy can be bought for under $100 US often they can be found at auctions for under $10.

this stamp is famous too..

genki
12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
wow wee 2.3million

Id rather buy a mansion myself :)

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
British Guiana? I only have one 2 cents British Guiana stamp, the date stamped on the stamp was 31 March 1959. With pic of "Botanical Garden".
world's most famous stamp. But last sold in 1997 for a paltry $973,000

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
LOLs....

Woodrow, do you have any Islamic/Muslim theme stamps.. please post it on Muslim/Islamic Stamps thread...
Sadly my entire stamp collection was lost when my house was destroyed.

NoName55
12-15-2007, 12:41 PM
wow wee 2.3million

extravagant, ungrateful, and self-indulgent waster who pays that price for a stamp already has a mansion or 2

genki
12-15-2007, 12:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
extravagant, ungrateful, and self-indulgent waster who pays that price for a stamp already has a mansion or 2

good point lol :)

Woodrow
12-15-2007, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Quite true. Interesting history about the last owner of the British Guiana stamp:

The story of the genuine Penny Magenta, retold by senior editor Rob Haeseler in the July 3, 2000, issue of Linn's, is in itself remarkable.

A 12-year-old boy named Vernon Vaughan found the Penny Magenta in Demerara, the capital of British Guiana, in 1873. He sold it to stamp collector N.R. McKinnon for six shillings, or about $1.50.

Over the years the stamp has been owned by some of philately's greatest collectors, including Count Philippe Ferrari and Arthur Hind. In 1980 the stamp was consigned to the Robert A. Siegel firm of New York, who auctioned it for $935,000 to chemical-fortune heir John E. duPont.

In 1997, duPont was convicted of murdering a wrestler he was sponsoring. The only known British Guiana Penny Magenta remains locked in a bank vault in Philadelphia, Pa.

Perhaps a fitting end for a man who placed more emphasis on material wealth than on the value of people. In spite of DuPont's great Wealth and the mansions he owned. He will never benefit from any of it in his prison cell.

north_malaysian
12-16-2007, 02:06 AM
wow wee 2.3million

I think the person who bought it might have like 2,3 mansions.....:giggling: and 2.3 million is just a tiny bit of his fortune....

Omar Jamal
11-11-2013, 12:00 PM
You seem to have a good knowledge concerning Palestine stamps.I have one 1920's or 30's Palestine stamp and been used during British mandate in old Palestine.Its very rare and so far I haven't found any like it searching the whole wide web - Ebay Included.Can you help me identify it and asses its value?Its of 6 halala. I can send you scans.You can contact me on my email: [contact admin for it] for that matter.I am an active seller.Need your help so that I may ask a fair price for it when selling. Cant upload image because I am not a full member.

Omar Jamal
11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Can anybody identify this Palestinian stamp?

ie. which year it was issued?
1926 Palestine Mandate Scott 73A PALM73AH8 stamp. Hope that helps!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.