/* */

PDA

View Full Version : unbelievers in my famliy

Thought
12-15-2007, 11:15 AM
In my family some members are non-believers. I found it hard to reason with them as they don't accept Allah (swt). My brother smokes and drinks and when i want to talk to him he says it isn't my business. Should i give him up or do something else? I do not know what to do anymore

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
genki
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
is he supposed to be a muslim?

muslim1
12-23-2007, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thought
In my family some members are non-believers. I found it hard to reason with them as they don't accept Allah (swt). My brother smokes and drinks and when i want to talk to him he says it isn't my business. Should i give him up or do something else? I do not know what to do anymore
Yes it is hard, BUT remember that the more you are gentle with them, the more they will love Islam. It is not easy BUT it is the BEST way. Remember that our prophet SAWS has been always in trouble with closest people to him, but he has been always the most gentle person lived on earth. :peace:

Thought
01-06-2008, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
Yes it is hard, BUT remember that the more you are gentle with them, the more they will love Islam. It is not easy BUT it is the BEST way. Remember that our prophet SAWS has been always in trouble with closest people to him, but he has been always the most gentle person lived on earth. :peace:
Assalamu'Alaykum brother, thank you for your reply. Do you also know some surra's that may inspire him?

i am taking your advice and try to be as gentle as possible.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Thought
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by genki
is he supposed to be a muslim?
yes at least he is getting a full chance to be a good muslim

adeeb
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
pray to Allah, in your tahajjud (night prayer) and ask Him to open your brother's heart...

do good deeds and be gentle to him,....

pray , pray..pray... as many as you can... coz Allah choose people to be His slave and to enter jannah...

i pray for u and ure brother, May Allah blesses both of u..

guyabano
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Well, the more you're trying to influence them, the more they will be pigheaded.
Smoking is a bad habit, muslim or not.

And please, do me a favor, drop this 'non-believer' thing. At least, be decent, and say 'different-believer' or simply non-mulsims

SomeHowpossible
02-01-2008, 07:00 AM
I think, first of all we should also become a role model for others then say some thing to other. smoking and drinking is habit addiction. be polite. and most of all pray for them, GOD can do what we cant.

(believe is power, have it in Allah)
________
sss

Thought
02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
DjazakAllaah for your kind advices

SomeHowpossible
02-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Dear Pray for him Allah will bless him, i have experience my younger brother was rude person when asked he had never listened to us, but now alhamdulillah Allah has blessed him with his Blessings.

___
sss

ansar.tajudeen
02-17-2008, 03:32 AM

its very disgrace to hear this brother...inshallah allah will surely guide him right path.....

be kind to him ...try to tell him this is not good habit wen he is in relaxed situation,since he is ur brother u know obiviously wen he will accept advice.. ..."ALCOHOL IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EVILS AND IT IS THE MOST SHAMEFULL OF EVILS"-----In sunan-IBN_MAJAH volume 3,BOOK of INTOXICANTS ,chapter 30 hadith N0.3371

for further things u can find here and u can tell to ur brother by telling all these points ..
http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tech/mcqnm12.htm

may these will help u to support u wen u tell to ur brother...

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US THE RIGHT PATH..

AMEEN!!!!!!!

Thought
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ansar.tajudeen
its very disgrace to hear this brother...inshallah allah will surely guide him right path.....

be kind to him ...try to tell him this is not good habit wen he is in relaxed situation,since he is ur brother u know obiviously wen he will accept advice.. ..."ALCOHOL IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EVILS AND IT IS THE MOST SHAMEFULL OF EVILS"-----In sunan-IBN_MAJAH volume 3,BOOK of INTOXICANTS ,chapter 30 hadith N0.3371

for further things u can find here and u can tell to ur brother by telling all these points ..
http://www.irf.net/irf/dtp/dawah_tech/mcqnm12.htm

may these will help u to support u wen u tell to ur brother...

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US THE RIGHT PATH..

AMEEN!!!!!!!
i use the site you recommended; at least he is listening now. that is progress.

AvarAllahNoor
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
If your force your ways upon another they'll reject them. Make it so, that they themselves appraoch you to understand about Islam (in this case) Show how easy it is, and how it isn't life changing (Spirtually it is) he won't have to become a hermit.

Get them invloved with Islamic things. After awhile, it'll all fall into place.

Gur Fateh

noorahmad
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
All you can do is ask du'aa that Allah opens his heart. the best way for you to try to get your bro on-track is dat u make him understand the greatness of Islam, that u show him proofs frm da Quran, that Islam is the true religion, and insha'Allah, he will revert back

mahdisoldier19
06-18-2008, 05:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
AuthibiAllah, be more gentle the more they love Islam? Can you show me that Hadith or Ayah? I have never heard that ever from any scholar

Umar001
06-18-2008, 11:09 AM
With regards to the topic brother, do not call your brother to stop drinking or smoking first. The first thing you should call an unbeliver to is Tawhid. This was the way of the Prophet, as has been mentioned in the narration of Mu'adh if I am not mistaken, when he sent him to Yemen, and told him to call the people to Tawheed, if they accept then to prayer and so forth.

If your brother gives up alchol/smoking/etc he will still be an unbeliever, and the good deeds are not accepted. The belief is the Important part, rectify that then move on to matters like smoking and so forth.

and Allah knows best, if you'd like to know more then please ask and I'll try type directly from scholarly works.

Thought
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
djazakallah brother for your advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.