/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim/Islamic theme stamps...

north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 11:25 AM
:sl:

If you have any Islamic/Muslim theme stamps kindly post it in this thread...

These are some of my collection...

Masjidil Haram and Kaabah, SAUDI ARABIA

Masjidil Aqsa (according to maryam11), PALESTINE

I hope some of you forummers can post some Islamic/Muslim theme stamps too...:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Mab'ath: The Appointment Day of Prophet Muhammad as a Prophet, IRAN

Masjid Jami' Yazd, IRAN

Sayyed Jamaluddin Asadabadi (Al Afghani?), IRAN

north_malaysian
12-16-2007, 08:41 AM
More stamps...

An Iranian mosque, IRAN

Moses (well.. it's Judaic theme, not Islamic, but because it doesnt show Moses face thus, I put here too:D), ISRAEL

A man (I dont know his name as I dont know cyrillic alphabets) wearing Uzbek kufi. SOVIET UNION.

A mausoleum? KYRGYZSTAN

Battle of Hittin. EGYPT

A minaret. UNITED ARAB REPUBLIC (EGYPT)

Mehmet Pasha. TURKEY

iNCE MiNARE CAMii, KONYA (I dont know Turkish), TURKEY

snakelegs
12-16-2007, 08:57 AM
cool - thanks for posting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
12-16-2007, 09:02 AM
and more stamps...

Aidrus Mosque, ADEN (YEMEN)

I dont know whether this ethnic groups are Muslims or not, but their way of dressing are just like Muslim dressing, GREECE.

Insaanah
01-21-2012, 07:05 PM
:sl:

The blue one on the left, showing the Ka'bah, Maqaam Ibrahim and Hateem, is mid 1980's, and the two green ones with Masjid al-Nabawi are early 1970's, and the one on the right commemorates the then expansion of the masjid.

These are all mid 1980's, the top one commemorates the then new direct fast road between Makkah and Madinah.
The next two are Hajj season stamps, with the middle one (slightly damaged) commemorating the days of Tashreeq (11th, 12, 13th of Dhul Hijjah, spent in Mina) of Hajj, and the last wide one commemorates the tawaaf al widaa3 (the farewell tawaaf) of Hajj.

The above are are all Saudi stamps.

serena77
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM
wasalaams
The stamps are really neat. jakazallah khair for sharing I especially loved the iranian stamps but the ones from the hajj are really interesting to. So much detail in such little stamps!
Serena

Insaanah
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
These are Saudi Arabian stamps:

The above stamp commemorates a submarine communications cable system:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEA-ME-...29#Sea-Me-We_2
http://www.seamewe4.com/

The red one above commemorates the granting of university status to Imam Muhammad ibn Saud islamic University, Riyaad, in 1974.

The green one is from 1966, and shows an oil refinery. A clearer picture from the net is here:

Insaanah
06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Commemorating sporting events/achievements.

At the top a stamp commemorating Pakistan hockey team triumphs in the 1980s, and below, a table tennis tournament:

Woodrow
06-06-2013, 11:00 PM
The USA began issuing Eid Stamps every year begining in 2001.

This was the 2001 issue

The design remained basically the same until 2009 the main difference being the change in the price as postal rated increased. The 2009 stamp was also used in 2010. In 2011 it began being issued as a "Forever" stamp. No cost printed on it and the stamp can be used for the current postage rate no matter what year it was bought in.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.