12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm not sure I know much about it or what it is. :(
When is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
:sl:

Thread Approved.

Please see the following thread where you can find some information Insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...-hijjah-2.html

Among the special seasons of worship are the first ten days of Dhu’l-Hijjah, which Allaah has preferred over all the other days of the year. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:"There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days." The people asked, "Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah?" He said, "Not even jihaad for the sake of Allaah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 2/457).
It is Sunnah to fast on the ninth day of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urged us to do good deeds during this time, and fasting is one of the best of deeds. Allaah has chosen fasting for Himself, as is stated in the hadeeth qudsi:

"Allaah says: ‘All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except for fasting, which is for Me and I am the One Who will reward him for it.’" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1805).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhu’l-Hijjah. Hunaydah ibn Khaalid reported from his wife that some of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhu’l-Hijjah, on the day of ‘Aashooraa’, on three days of each month, and on the first two Mondays and Thursdays of each month." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawud; classified by al-Albaani as saheeh in Saheeh Abi Dawud, 2/462).
These ten days include Yawm ‘Arafaah (the Day of ‘Arafaah), on which Allaah perfected His Religion. Fasting on this day will expiate for the sins of two years. These days also include Yawm al-Nahar (the Day of Sacrifice), the greatest day of the entire year and the greatest day of Hajj, which combines acts of worship in a way unlike any other day.
It is Sunnah to fast on the ninth day of Dhu’l-Hijjah, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) urged us to do good deeds during this time, and fasting is one of the best of deeds. Allaah has chosen fasting for Himself, as is stated in the hadeeth qudsi:

"Allaah says: ‘All the deeds of the son of Adam are for him, except for fasting, which is for Me and I am the One Who will reward him for it.’" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1805).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhu’l-Hijjah. Hunaydah ibn Khaalid reported from his wife that some of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to fast on the ninth of Dhu’l-Hijjah, on the day of ‘Aashooraa’, on three days of each month, and on the first two Mondays and Thursdays of each month." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i, 4/205 and by Abu Dawud; classified by al-Albaani as saheeh in Saheeh Abi Dawud, 2/462).
4. Fasting on the day of 'Arafah - Fasting has been affirmed on the day of 'Arafah, where it has been confirmed from the Prophet, peace be upon him, that he said regarding fasting on the day of 'Arafah:

"Be content with the fact that Allah will expiate for you your sins for the year before (the day of 'Arafah) and the year after (the day of 'Arafah)." [Reported by Muslim]

However, whoever is at 'Arafah as a pilgrim then fasting is not expected of him, as the Prophet, peace be upon him, stopped at 'Arafah to eat.

The Day of Arafah is tomorrow, Tuesday 18th December 2007 Insha'Allaah.

aadil77
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM

so if your not doing hajj its recommended to fast tomo?

Muhammad
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

That's right :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Jazakhallah:thumbs_up, so i'll be fasting tomo:D, someone was telling me about this but I wasn't sure

nocturne
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM
So we are supposed to be fast the day before Eid?

Eid is on thursday here, so am i to fast on wednesday even though the day of arafat is today.

------
12-18-2007, 01:06 PM
:salamext:

You're supposed to be fasting today :D

transition?
12-18-2007, 05:12 PM
JazakAllah !

=)

I'm fasting

Thank you so much for clearing it up

ansar.tajudeen
12-18-2007, 05:22 PM
lol fine..
here EID will be on friday inshallah..
so inshallah i will fast on tomorrow night(sahar-wednesday) (Thursday)

Ask Dua for us.....
as u all fast before one day than us (Here in INDIA).. as fasting persons dua will be accepted......

nocturne
12-18-2007, 06:48 PM
nono...we need people to clear this up.

As far i know, it does not matter when the eid is in your country, you are supposed to fast on the day of arafat (which is tuesday).

------
12-18-2007, 06:55 PM
:salamext:

^ Yup.

truemuslim
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
this year in the u.s its today (the 18th) i just broke my fast an hour ago... didany of you fast?

Talha777
12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes sir I fasted as well alhamdulillah. However to be honest it didnt feel like I was fasting since sunset is so early these days: Maghrib was at 4:42 pm!!!

truemuslim
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
you broke your fast at 4:42? wow, i did at 5:02... not that much farther than yours. i didnt get hungry tho...no challenge..hmp

transition?
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
you broke your fast at 4:42? wow, i did at 5:02... not that much farther than yours. i didnt get hungry tho...no challenge..hmp
I lack self control so many times, I end up following temptations easily. :omg:

truemuslim
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
lol ^^^

north_malaysian
12-19-2007, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne
nono...we need people to clear this up.

As far i know, it does not matter when the eid is in your country, you are supposed to fast on the day of arafat (which is tuesday).
I fasted yesterday (Tuesday) and will celebrate Eid tomorrow (Thursday)... I watched Arafat Sermon live on ART yesterday..... what an amazing scene.... May all hujjaj get Hajj Mabrour...

Intisar
12-19-2007, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777
Yes sir I fasted as well alhamdulillah. However to be honest it didnt feel like I was fasting since sunset is so early these days: Maghrib was at 4:42 pm!!!
:sl: Yeah Maghrib was at roughly the same time for me too alhamdulilah. It was very hard for me to do, but I got through it. The shaydaan was tempting me to break it subhanAllah but I didn't give in. :D

JazakAllahu khayr for the information akhi Muhammad, the khatib at last Friday's Jumucaah said the same exact thing.

Alhamdulilah I was well enough to fast this 'Arafat, and I didn't let the opportunity slip away.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.