/* */

PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush - is he the worst US preisdent ever?

cvcomp
12-15-2007, 11:17 PM
... well, I think he is.
So, I've created www.worst-president.com

If you agree, visit the site and sign your name.
We're trying to hit 100 million signatures by Jan 20, 2009!

www.worst-president.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
he's certainly the worst that i know of.
what do you hope to accomplish with this?

transition?
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Abraham Lincoln took away Habeas Corpus. Sooo it could be worse.

transition?
12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
he's certainly the worst that i know of.
what do you hope to accomplish with this?
exactly :hmm: Criticism is not worth a penny unless it's constructive and with good intentions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
:salamext:

Erm... :-\ What's the point?

Belief_is_Power
12-16-2007, 04:49 PM
serioulsy history will judge him, and from what it looks like right now, he will go down as the worst pres. What a waste of eight years................

Qingu
12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I hate George W. Bush as much as anyone.

But I think you guys are underestimating how terrible some of the past U.S. Presidents were.

Andrew Jackson, for example, basically committed genocide against the Native Americans.

Woodrow
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu
I hate George W. Bush as much as anyone.

But I think you guys are underestimating how terrible some of the past U.S. Presidents were.

Andrew Jackson, for example, basically committed genocide against the Native Americans.
Agreed, we had some dillies at times. However, it is impossible to decide who was the best or worse. Much has to be at the time. Truman was considered to be very incompetent and weak during his time, but past reflection is now showing he was one of our stongest and most compasionate presidents ever.

Lincoln is portrayed as a Hero of the African American, yet he was a strong segregationist and had intended to send all black Americans to Liberia. He was instruemental in buying the region that became Liberia for that purpose.

So with that said Bush is the worse President we have at the moment.

Keltoi
12-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I agree with Qingu and Woodrow. Herbert Hoover embraced policies that actually worsened the Great Depression. James Buchanan ignored the issue of slavery and the growing bloc of states that became the Confederacy. The list can go on. Much of this will be decided by historians 100 years from now.

north_malaysian
12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
But for the 21st Century non-Americans (especially Muslims) who know nothing about American history, definitely GW Bush is the worst US president ever....

Keltoi
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
But for the 21st Century non-Americans (especially Muslims) who know nothing about American history, definitely GW Bush is the worst US president ever....
Not trying to get into an argument or anything, but I suppose the reason behind that would be the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq? What if in 50 or 60 years these countries develop into viable and stable modern states? Just something to ponder for the future.

wilberhum
12-17-2007, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
If someone "know nothing about American history, definitely" can only vote out of ignorance.

truemuslim
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
sorry i just read the title and had to say..........YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilberhum
12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
sorry i just read the title and had to say..........YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I bet you don't even name half the presidents and can not give a single fact about more than a dozen. :?

truemuslim
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
first of all ^^^ yes i can,...juss too bad i dunt care..its america...

Talha777
12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
George W Bush worst president for Muslims I don't know of any other American president who started so many wars against the believers and who has so much Muslim blood on his hands as Mr. Bush.

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
:sl:
I voted him worst president, mainly for what he did to the Muslims. Not forgetting he's responsible for killings many of his own ppl too.

Qingu
12-18-2007, 03:29 AM
So a president who kills X number of Muslims is worse than a president who kills X number of native Americans?

Talha777
12-18-2007, 03:33 AM
So a president who kills X number of Muslims is worse than a president who kills X number of native Americans?
Muslim blood is worth more than blood of any other group. This is why Holy Quran says those who kill a believer intentionally will go to hell:

If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him
(An Nisa 4:93)

If one Muslim is killed I feel sad, but if a thousand non-Muslims die I dont really care.

Keltoi
12-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Which reminds me. I recently visited The Hermitage, which was Andrew Jackson's home. In the museum the only mention of his policy towards the Native tribes was that he kindly adopted an Indian child after he won a great "victory" over their village. :D Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

syilla
12-18-2007, 03:57 AM
erm...YES!!! :hiding:

i have no reasons to share :hiding:

Qingu
12-18-2007, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777

Muslim blood is worth more than blood of any other group.
How delightfully xenophobic. And who said Muslims didn't treat non-Muslims as inferior human beings!

If one Muslim is killed I feel sad, but if a thousand non-Muslims die I dont really care.
I don't know what's sadder—that you actually said this or that none of your fellow Muslims will likely rebuke you for saying it.

Woodrow
12-18-2007, 04:08 AM
It is all a matter of Perspective:

My wife was Native American (Cherokee) her great grandmother was one of the Cherokee who survived the "Trail of Tears"

When the pro-removal Cherokee leaders signed that treaty, they also signed their own death warrants. The Cherokee National Council earlier had passed a law that called for the death penalty for anyone who agreed to give up tribal land. The signing and the removal led to bitter factionalism and the deaths of most of the Treaty Party leaders in Indian Territory.
The Cherokee Nation was not very large at that time

Opposition to the removal was led by Chief John Ross, a mixed-blood of Scottish and one-eighth Cherokee descent. The Ross party and most Cherokees opposed the New Echota Treaty, but Georgia and the U.S. Government prevailed and used it as justification to force almost all of the 17,000 Cherokees from the southeastern homelands.
For all purposes, the entire Cherokee Nation was removed from their homeland. The Majority were force marched for 1,200 miles.

Under orders from President Jackson, the U.S. Army began enforcement of the Removal Act. Around 3,000 Cherokees were rounded up in the summer of 1838 and loaded onto boats that traveled the Tennessee, Ohio, Mississippi, and Arkansas Rivers into Indian Territory. Many were held in prison camps awaiting their fate. In the winter of 1838-39, 14,000 were marched 1,200 miles through Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and Arkansas into rugged Indian Territory.
At least 4,000 of the 14,000 died on the march

An estimated 4,000 died from hunger, exposure and disease. The journey became an eternal memory as the "trail where they cried" for the Cherokees and other removed tribes. Today it is remembered as the Trail of Tears.
Source: http://www.powersource.com/cherokee/history.html

So at least to the Cherokee, Andrew Jackson is considered the worse President.

Then we have James Buchanan, whose poor decisions resulted in the Civil War. His errors resulted in more Deaths than from any other war the USA was ever engaged in. In terms of American Deaths Buchanan can go down in History as the worse President.

At least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, and some experts say the toll reached 700,000. The number that is most often quoted is 620,000. At any rate, these casualties exceed the nation's loss in all its other wars, from the Revolution through Vietnam.
Source: http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm

Now we have Bush. although the war has yet to be as costly for Americans as previous wars. It is apparent that his actions have resulted in more innocent blood being spilled than by any other President. So based on that, it seems Bush will go down in history as the Worse President.

But, it is all a matter of perspective and how close a person is to those who were hurt that a person will decide who was the worse US President.

Qingu
12-18-2007, 04:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Which reminds me. I recently visited The Hermitage, which was Andrew Jackson's home. In the museum the only mention of his policy towards the Native tribes was that he kindly adopted an Indian child after he won a great "victory" over their village. :D Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?
Three cheers for good old fashioned patriotic revisionist history. America is a Christian nation! Amen!

Abdul-Raouf
12-18-2007, 04:18 AM
He is the worst... known to me in this current era.... I believe most Non-Americans hate him....and that no Non-American will rate bush high ...

wilberhum
12-18-2007, 04:20 AM
George W Bush worst president for Muslims I don't know of any other American president who started so many wars against the believers and who has so much Muslim blood on his hands as Mr. Bush.
Wars? That's plural. Bush only started one war.:thumbs_do

wilberhum
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
:sl:
I voted him worst president, mainly for what he did to the Muslims. Not forgetting he's responsible for killings many of his own ppl too.
But worst "For Muslims" is not the basis of the pole.

If you answer a different question than the pole asks, you invalidate the poll. :?

wilberhum
12-18-2007, 04:24 AM

Muslim blood is worth more than blood of any other group. This is why Holy Quran says those who kill a believer intentionally will go to hell:

If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him

The concept of superiority is the easiest sell in the world.

Any you buy all of it. :uuh:

Really sad that you have no compassion for your fellow humans.

truemuslim
12-18-2007, 07:09 PM

lol yep me too, its like tears are suddenly unavailable when a non-muslim dies...hehe...remember when bush choked on a pretzel? HAHAHA i was like laughing soo much... couldnt it stay???? lol

Three cheers for good old fashioned patriotic revisionist history. America is a Christian nation! Amen!

omg i hate that word...1. reminds me of boring history class.... 2. reminds me of americanishy things like war, blood...ew...and just the word is.:mad:..hmm...
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
The concept of superiority is the easiest sell in the world.

Any you buy all of it. :uuh:

Really sad that you have no compassion for your fellow humans.
WE don't have compassion????? wOw... can't you think a lil of how most of the americans like bush for his hate of arabians???!! oh and bush has such copassion for all human beings... just like alot of americans... he is so kind, stopping wars against muslims, making no hate against anyone, wOw, he is my fave president... :rolleyes:

Keltoi
12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
lol yep me too, its like tears are suddenly unavailable when a non-muslim dies...hehe...remember when bush choked on a pretzel? HAHAHA i was like laughing soo much... couldnt it stay???? lol

omg i hate that word...1. reminds me of boring history class.... 2. reminds me of americanishy things like war, blood...ew...and just the word is.:mad:..hmm...

WE don't have compassion????? wOw... can't you think a lil of how most of the americans like bush for his hate of arabians???!! oh and bush has such copassion for all human beings... just like alot of americans... he is so kind, stopping wars against muslims, making no hate against anyone, wOw, he is my fave president... :rolleyes:
And you expect non-Muslims to be full of sympathy for Muslims with the attitude you just displayed? Talk about hypocrisy.

Isambard
12-19-2007, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
And you expect non-Muslims to be full of sympathy for Muslims with the attitude you just displayed? Talk about hypocrisy.
Shhh! We must be respectful of our Muslim overlords!:X

truemuslim
12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
yea ^^^... my attitude wasnt bad... i was saying the truth, why should we love bush when he hates us?

Qingu
12-19-2007, 05:44 AM
yea ^^^... my attitude wasnt bad... i was saying the truth, why should we love bush when he hates us?
Indeed. Why act compassionately and justly when you can act like your enemies? After all, two wrongs make a right.

Muezzin
12-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Some extremely disturbing superiority complexes have derailed this thread big-time.

Time to close, methinks.

(PS I'm not what you'd call a fan of Bush myself, before anyone thinks this is political or something strange like that)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.