/* */

PDA

View Full Version : George W. Bush - is he the worst US preisdent ever?

cvcomp
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
... well, I think he is.
So, I've created www.worst-president.com

If you agree, visit the site and sign your name.
We're trying to hit 100 million signatures by Jan 20, 2009!

worst-president.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 10:26 AM
:sl:

I'll sign that no probs

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Infact, I'll even put it in my sig, In my personal opinion, he deserves the death penalty, That is what you get for treason in the USA right?

Nájlá
12-25-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah i will sign because u dont know how much i hate him

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
12-25-2007, 10:34 AM
we have got 32 signed in and some of them are not muslims we need more to proof that bush dosnt deserve to stay a president

KAding
12-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't know enough about US history to judge if he's 'the worst ever'. It doesn't look as he's been particularly 'good', but then again, I can't look into the future either.

Fishman
12-25-2007, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
I don't know enough about US history to judge if he's 'the worst ever'. It doesn't look as he's been particularly 'good', but then again, I can't look into the future either.
:sl:
Since the USA has had a quite a good stack of leaders compared to other countries, George Bush is probably one of the bad ones. But Hoover wasn't exactly the best either.
:w:

mohsen1985
12-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Maybe worst human being would be better . . .

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Keep in mind Bush has already run his limit and can not rerun for president, even if he wants to. we have a 2 term limit for presidents. In Nov. a new President will be elected. Bush's last day as Pres is Jan 21, 2008, with or without public support or public condemnation.

guyabano
12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cvcomp
... well, I think he is.
So, I've created www.worst-president.com

If you agree, visit the site and sign your name.
We're trying to hit 100 million signatures by Jan 20, 2009!

worst-president.com
and then? Will you change something ?

minaz
12-25-2007, 04:41 PM
is he the worst US preisdent ever?

In foreign policy yes.
Domestic probably not.

You probably will obtain 100,000,000 signatures, but how will you deliver it to the man?

Pygoscelis
12-25-2007, 04:46 PM
The worst in my lifetime, yes. The worst ever, no. Let us not forget the golden age of "manifest destiny".

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
is he the worst US preisdent ever?

In foreign policy yes.
Domestic probably not.

You probably will obtain 100,000,000 signatures, but how will you deliver it to the man?
Since he will no longer have the White house address, it may be necessary to find his home address to deliver them. Although that may be a problem as he will no longer be a political figure after November and will enjoy the rights of privacy as a private citizen.

Cognescenti
12-25-2007, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Keep in mind Bush has already run his limit and can not rerun for president, even if he wants to. we have a 2 term limit for presidents. In Nov. a new President will be elected. Bush's last day as Pres is Jan 21, 2008, with or without public support or public condemnation.
Don't you mean Jan 21, 2009? No sense falsley exciting all the Bush haters :D

With things looking up in Iraq (at least from a security perspective) Bush's poll numbers are climbing. The economy is in a sustained period of growth (at least for now) and the Dems are afraid of overturning what they call the "Bush tax cut". There is even a Bush ally at the helm in France of all places :D

As for foreign opinion of him.. I dont think Bush even cares. In fact, being hated in certain circles probably is a good thing. Remember, Truman had terrible opinion numbers when he left but is now generally regarded as a success. Kennedy was beloved because he was good looking and witty and was murdered in office but he also approved the disastrous Bay of Pigs invasion and helped start us down the road to Vietnam. I would say the historians opinion of Bush will depend on what happens in the Middle East. Will Iraq remain a cesspool? Will Iran gain influence? Will Syria be chastened?..etc etc.

There is a curious technicality in the Constitution...only citizens get to vote :thankyou:

Good luck with your petition though :thankyou:

aadil77
12-25-2007, 07:35 PM
worst president? yes,
dumbest president? definately!:D

Trumble
12-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Another 'yes', I'm afraid. I didn't think a subsequent President could ever make Reagan look like an intellectual.. which just goes to show how wrong you can be. :muddlehea

shev
12-25-2007, 09:11 PM
He must know that other people have also rights, not only americans. And he is not a world saving hero. He is just a troublemaker

snakelegs
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
he almost makes reagan look like a man of peace.
that said, what is the point of signing this petition?

Cognescenti
12-26-2007, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Another 'yes', I'm afraid. I didn't think a subsequent President could ever make Reagan look like an intellectual.. which just goes to show how wrong you can be. :muddlehea
At least you have self awareness :D

The thing is one doesn't need to be a nuclear physicist or math genius to be a good President. There are qualities that aren't measured on the SAT. Reagan is a perfect example. He was re-elected in a historic landslide and accelerated, almost by force of will, the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Because of the constancy of his will and the defeat of the Soviets, Reagan is sure to be seen favorably by objective historians. Of course, I am sure it is difficult to tolerate one's intellectual inferiors given your obvious intellectual prowess.

czgibson
12-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Greetings,

Like Kading, I don't know enough about US history to comment.

I can't wait till he's gone, though. His time in office has actually been a colossal embarrassment for the human race, I think.

Peace

Cognescenti
12-26-2007, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
he almost makes reagan look like a man of peace.
that said, what is the point of signing this petition?

You think Bush is a hawk...wait till Giuliani is at the helm :D

When Giuliani was asked if he would use force to prevent the Iranians from acquiring nukes...to praphrase, he said..."of course I would, and that's not a threat that's a promise"

KelleyD
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
worst president? yes,
dumbest president? definately!:D
Only a complete moron would say something like this:
"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

huh? :?

Cognescenti
01-01-2008, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by KelleyD
Only a complete moron would say something like this:
"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." --at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

huh? :?
Wait. The quote you cited makes sense to me. Does that make me a moron too?

I assume the quote is attributed to Bush. What part is moronic, then?

Is it that there is no "joy" associated with Hanukkah for Jews??? Does it not celebrate the reconsecration or repossession of the Temple?

Or is it that OBL would not be expected to understand because he is not a Jew? It seems to me that is the whole point....the level of intolerance and hatred on the part of OBL.

I am afraid you are going to have to explain. I don't "get it" :smile:

جوري
01-01-2008, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
You think Bush is a hawk...wait till Giuliani is at the helm :D

When Giuliani was asked if he would use force to prevent the Iranians from acquiring nukes...to praphrase, he said..."of course I would, and that's not a threat that's a promise"
Giuliani's EBRT and TURP has undoubtedly left him a little bitter and with a gnawing pain-- I am afraid the only time he feels he can regain his man-hood, is by cheating on his wife and making a public affair of it, or exhibiting all that machismo 'jazz' on national TV.. we all know what he is underneath it all.. another impotent self-indulgent repuke-con!
I say let him bring WWIII on.. I am sure it will prove very amusing.....

cheers

KelleyD
01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Wait. The quote you cited makes sense to me. I am afraid you are going to have to explain. I don't "get it" :smile:
Bush is trying to imply that Usama Bin Laden doesn't have the capability to experience joy--and in this case he used the (poor) celebration of Hannaka as an example. Would we expect Sharon to feel the joy of Ramadan? Muslims don't go around trying to experience the joy of Hannaka...at least none that I know of. This kind of retarded "jibberish" is what Bush if famous for. For example, the following quotes come from Bush:

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th." --Washington, D.C., July 12, 2007

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

"F*ck Saddam. We're taking him out." --to three U.S. senators in March 2002, one year before the Iraq invasion, as quoted by Time magazine

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." --as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

...............need I go on? There are so many to choose from.:giggling:

Cognescenti
01-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Bush is trying to imply that Usama Bin Laden doesn't have the capability to experience joy--and in this case he used the (poor) celebration of Hannaka as an example. Would we expect Sharon to feel the joy of Ramadan? Muslims don't go around trying to experience the joy of Hannaka...at least none that I know of.
Speaking of poor examples, Sharon would probably fall into that category as he is comatose. :giggling: Even when his brain was working right, how many posters here would give Sharon high marks for empathy? Not many I wager. On the other hand, would Muslims want an Israeli leader who could at least have some empathy and understanding for the aspirations of the Palestinians (but rejecting violence, of course).

You are being too concrete. All I think he is saying here is that OBL has bad wiring (perhaps too many camel kicks to the head). The example seems poor only because of historic enmity between Muslims and Jews.......<waiting for someone to "correct" me by saying the real problem is Zionism> :sunny:

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson
Yeah...that's rich. You don't think that might be out of context or something?
I hope you aren't a Pat Robertson fan (and I am pretty sure you aren't) because I think Pat Robertson is losing it. I wonder how long he spends looking for his keys in the morning.

Here is why the American voters selected Bush the second time around. He had higher SAT scores than Kerry ;D Bush 1206 Kerry 1190 ;D That is the old SAT, which was renormed..so his modern score would be about 1300 (before the essay was added). This score is generally achieved by those in the 124-137 IQ range. Not genius but not stupid either. We can all agree with that Bush is prone to malapropisms but those that object to his policies are the ones to volunteer the "stupid" label. I wonder how many here would not utter something a bit comical if 50 reporters followed us around for a week.

We had smart. Clinton is a pretty sharp guy. He also once said "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is". He was trying to parse his comments so as not to lie under oath. He failed in that effort and he sounded like an idiot. Politicians say stupid things.

Cognescenti
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Giuliani's EBRT and TURP has undoubtedly left him a little bitter and with a gnawing pain-- I am afraid the only time he feels he can regain his man-hood, is by cheating on his wife and making a public affair of it, or exhibiting all that machismo 'jazz' on national TV.. we all know what he is underneath it all.. another impotent self-indulgent repuke-con!
I say let him bring WWIII on.. I am sure it will prove very amusing.....

cheers
I am having difficulty understanding how he could cheat on his wife and have impotence at the same time. :) At least I don't think he could do that under Shariah.

I don't think the machsimo thing is an act. I think that was pretty much his behavior as mayor of New York and it seemed to allow him to get things done. A couple of months of Giuliani, if he wins, and the world may be clamoring for a Consitutional Ammendment to allow "cowboy Bush" to run again.

BTW, what is this obsession you have with sexual function among conservative men? You do know that Freud has fallen out of disfavor, don't you? :) Lastly, wasn't Giuliani treated for prostate cancer? It hardly seems a good subject to get laughs.

جوري
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I am having difficulty understanding how he could cheat on his wife and have impotence at the same time. :) At least I don't think he could do that under Shariah.

I don't think the machsimo thing is an act. I think that was pretty much his behavior as mayor of New York and it seemed to allow him to get things done. A couple of months of Giuliani, if he wins, and the world may be clamoring for a Consitutional Ammendment to allow "cowboy Bush" to run again.

BTW, what is this obsession you have with sexual function among conservative men? You do know that Freud has fallen out of disfavor, don't you? :) Lastly, wasn't Giuliani treated for prostate cancer? It hardly seems a good subject to get laughs.

I believe you have no idea what EBRT and TURP are, in the least you could have looked them up to cement the idea that you are what you claim you are?
Yes his cheating was indeed a public affair, for an official so 'conservative' though New Yorkers merely deem him as a sanctimonious bull *******

Him having prostate ca for which he received EBRT and/or TURP after his scandel broke out, seemed like a magnificent form of poetic justice, if not for his politics, just merely for what he put his Mrs through on public TV.. and lastly I pray the curse of God completely over takes him. He seems to need to show a little humility, but I doubt he'll make it to office all together, cancer or not!

cheers

Cognescenti
01-02-2008, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I believe you have no idea what EBRT and TURP are, in the least you could have looked them up to cement the idea that you are what you claim you are?
Yes his cheating was indeed a public affair, for an official so 'conservative' though New Yorkers merely deem him as a sanctimonious bull *******

Him having prostate ca for which he received EBRT and/or TURP after his scandel broke out, seemed like a magnificent form of poetic justice, if not for his politics, just merely for what he put his Mrs through on public TV.. and lastly I pray the curse of God completely over takes him. He seems to need to show a little humility, but I doubt he'll make it to office all together, cancer or not!

cheers
Oh dear. I thought you were in better spirits after your hiatus. Yes, I knew he was being a bad boy before his surgey. It was joke. I am not going to defend him. He did treat his wife like **** and, if he has kids, he did them no favor as well. And yes, he is not a true conservative. I don't really care if he wins either....as long as it is not a Dem :D It doesn't matter how I vote. I live in California. The Presidential race is winner take all by state.

I think you are wrong about the TURP. In the US, that is not generally used for prostate cancer, just BPH. I gather you don't like him very much, but don't you think death by bone metatsteses would be a bit over the top as punishment?

جوري
01-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Oh dear. I thought you were in better spirits after your hiatus. Yes, I knew he was being a bad boy before his surgey. It was joke. I am not going to defend him. He did treat his wife like **** and, if he has kids, he did them no favor as well. And yes, he is not a true conservative. I don't really care if he wins either....as long as it is not a Dem :D It doesn't matter how I vote. I live in California. The Presidential race is winner take all by state.

I think you are wrong about the TURP. In the US, that is not generally used for prostate cancer, just BPH. I gather you don't like him very much, but don't you think death by bone metatsteses would be a bit over the top as punishment?
I am always in great spirits.. this is me in great spirits :D
TURP has been used to improve flow (particularly after brachytherapy) which is a topic for another day on another thread.. I did however use the terms (and/or)..
Yes he has kids two in fact, a mighty role model he is for his obese son
No he isn't a true conservative as most conservatives in the end turn out to be Tartuffe(s) and I usually take such great pleasure in their public humuliation and exposition, sadly they have devloped thick skin in which to cower over the years and it all doesn't seem to enervate them much.

He could die an X number of ways, I don't think bone mets is the worst of the lot, I can only find value in him in the form of anatomical gift donations but he'd probably prove worthless in that dept. as well.

Don't have the time to vote, I can only do my best to get out of jury duty, which my feeling on, is that, they prefer a certain crowd anyway, it only serves to waste my day on gas money for brief, yet momentous seconds in the company of unwashed, unkempt women in hair curlers and the men who love 'em, who might just one day be the 'jury of your peers'-- eh beats sharia law any day? especially when you are an oriental doc being tried in an ob/gyn suit by a woman on methadone in down town baltimore..
sit back and enjoy :-\

cheers

KelleyD
01-03-2008, 05:05 AM

Yeah...that's rich. You don't think that might be out of context or something?
No. It was not taken out of context. But the moniker "moron" probably doesn't suit either. What I should have said was paranoid megalamaniac sociopathic personality. I think he's incapable of empathy. He has an inordinate sense of his own entitlement, and he's a very skilled manipulator. And in all the snickering about his alleged idiocy, this is what a lot of people miss. He has no trouble speaking off the cuff when he's speaking punitively or when he's talking about violence and revenge. When he struts and thumps his chest, his syntax and grammar are fine. It's only when he leaps into the wild blue yonder of compassion, or idealism, or altruism, that he makes these hilarious mistakes.

In a speech last Sept. in Nashville, trying to strengthen his case against Saddam, Bush's script called for him to say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." But the words that came out of his mouth were, ""Fool me once, shame . . . shame on . . . you," followed by a long pause, then, "Fool me — can't get fooled again!"

What's revealing about this is that Bush could not say, 'Shame on me' to save his life. That's a completely alien idea to him. This is a guy who is absolutely proud of his own inflexibility and rectitude.

Another example occurred early in Bush's White House tenure when he said, "I know how hard it is to put food on your family." That wasn't because he's so stupid that he doesn't know how to say, 'Put food on your family's table' — it's because he doesn't care about people who can't put food on the table. When he tries to talk about what this country stands for, or about democracy, he can't do it. But don't just take it from me. Read it straight from the analysts themselves. hthttp://books.google.com/books?id=e...thumbnailtp://

In his quest to shove democracy down everyone else's thoat, he's had Afghanistan bombed back beyond the Stone Age to rid the world of Usama bin Laden and al Qaeda, then switched to claiming it was the Taliban that had to go, then declared there was an "axis of evil" and it was really Saddam Hussein who was the "mother of all evil" and that war with Iraq was in the offing to get rid of Saddam, all whilstthe corporate media cheered him on and to this day continues to beat the war drum. They have yet to consider that this "passive serial killer" needs to feed his lust for blood by sending others to put their lives on the line and do the killing for him.

I hope you aren't a Pat Robertson fan (and I am pretty sure you aren't) because I think Pat Robertson is losing it. I wonder how long he spends looking for his keys in the morning.
He's another blood thirsty war monger hiding in sheep's clothing. I love his predictions.....none of which have come true. Last year he said this:
"a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in mass killing in the United States. Noting that it hadn't come to pass, Robertson said, "All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us."

This year's prediction goes like this: "Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Wednesday that 2008 will be a year of violence worldwide and a recession in the United States, followed by a major stock-market crash by 2010."

Wow. He must have a direct pipeline to God himself. Even Usama Bin Laden told us that was going to happen.

As for Clinton...........oh....don't get me started.....on either one.:heated:

KelleyD
01-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Sorry, don't know how that posted twice. That link didn't come through very good either. Let me try it again.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ekl...with-thumbnail

If it doesn't come through again, the book is called Bush on the Couch. Just google it and you'll find it. You can read parts of it on google books.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.