/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Members Pets - Past or Present

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum,
i thought maybe it would be nice for members to share some pictures and such of their pets. In total ive had 7 Cats ( over a period of 9 years )... 3 went missing... and 2 i sadly lost in tragic circumstances. I now have 2 cats Scruffkins and Snowy.

Here are some picture of Scruffkins... She is a black n white moggie and as you can see completely obsessed with boxes! Her story :- 6 years ago during the month of February ( very cold ) i had a knock at the door around 8pm... which i thought was kind of odd but anyhow.. i opened the door.. and there she was... a tiny 5-8 week old kitten crying for warmth, i couldnt believe how anyone could just abonden a little kitten, but in a sense.. they left her on my doorstep.. probably knowing i would take her in and care for her since i had other cats. She has given me so much love and affection during the years that ive spent living alone and truely been a great companion

Snowy is 12 years old.. and very camera shy.. tho you woudnt think it from one of the pictures lol
I've looked after Snowy since i got my first home at the age of 18 and have been very loyal, loving and friendly, ive helped her having 2 litters - which she had beautifull kittens, ( i wished i had taken some pics of them but i dont have any :( ) Snowy tends to be the 'Boss' in the house.. its quite funny to watch when she repremands Scruffkins for being over playfull, chasing her up and down the stairs.

Would love to see other members pets and their own little stories :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Assalamualikum.

Once upon a time Kittygyal did make a thread about cats and then turned out to be all animals. Until i was ill and i had sister Tania (Bless her) taking over my thread... then when it reached to Ramdan it closed down by LI mods and now i don't know whats happened to it :(..

Lovely cats.. I'll try getting some pictures of my camera and cell insha'Allaah.I have 6cats,2dogs,1parrot and my nephews 4hamsters. Alhamdulilah i love them all. My previous cat when i had 5cats then, one of my cat got ran over by a drunken man :'(.. so later by i had another cat so it made it 6. Although i do miss my other cat...:(
Nice calling ya cat 'Snowy' my name ..

Anywho.. i can talk about animals 24/7.. nice thread..

Ma'assalama

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Assalamualikum.

Once upon a time Kittygyal did make a thread about cats and then turned out to be all animals. Until i was ill and i had sister Tania (Bless her) taking over my thread... then when it reached to Ramdan it closed down by LI mods and now i don't know whats happened to it :(..

Lovely cats.. I'll try getting some pictures of my camera and cell insha'Allaah.I have 6cats,2dogs,1parrot and my nephews 4hamsters. Alhamdulilah i love them all. My previous cat when i had 5cats then, one of my cat got ran over by a drunken man :'(.. so later by i had another cat so it made it 6. Although i do miss my other cat...:(
Nice calling ya cat 'Snowy' my name ..

Anywho.. i can talk about animals 24/7.. nice thread..

Ma'assalama
Assalam-o-Allikum
oh my.. im sorry to hear about the cat you lost :( i can totally relate to losing a pet which you have loved...
the 2nd cat i had, her name was Pebbles.. she died after gettgin cat meningitis.. and it was a very painfull time for me.. she died in my arms..
The other one i lost was one of Snowys kittens.. i called her Chalkie and she was actually poisened by a neighbour ( RSPCA prosecuted - and all he got was a £50 fine ) anyhows.. im gratefull for the 2 kitties i still have..
and inshaAllah i look forward to seeing some pics of your pets :)

Kittygyal
12-16-2007, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§hå‹&# 16 8;¯)
Assalam-o-Allikum
oh my.. im sorry to hear about the cat you lost :( i can totally relate to losing a pet which you have loved...
the 2nd cat i had, her name was Pebbles.. she died after gettgin cat meningitis.. and it was a very painfull time for me.. she died in my arms..
The other one i lost was one of Snowys kittens.. i called her Chalkie and she was actually poisened by a neighbour ( RSPCA prosecuted - and all he got was a £50 fine ) anyhows.. im gratefull for the 2 kitties i still have..
and inshaAllah i look forward to seeing some pics of your pets :)
Assalamualikum.

Aww, it truley hurts loosing a love one.. i understand sister.. But don't worry you have a big cat which is me :D
Seriously, animals are the best caring,loving things walahi.. I love all animals but especially cats..there my babies.. Alhamdulilah.
Insha'Allaah sister :)

I think it's only me and you now who loves CATS to the max... others do like 'em but not much as me and you *methinks*.. I was the only one kitty lover to the max but now i have you so all kewl..

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
12-16-2007, 03:32 PM
aaa lol i had a guinea pig, he died like 2 years ago :( bless him

his name was ranjha - meanin prince :D

Alim Apprentice
12-16-2007, 05:49 PM

This is my family cat, Teh (short for Puteh.. it means white in Malay). Its a Persian I believe, close to 3 years old. Anyways, my dad bought him at a pet market in Kuwait. We brought him here when we moved back to Malaysia. He's our first official feline pet. Before we used to keep many stray cats (my mom is super fond of cats). Some have died under our care, and it was my duty to bury them in the garden. Always a sad experience for me.. for it constantly reminds me when we Muslims would meet the same fate, being buried in earth.

Teh can be a an annoyance at times. My room as always been the target of his "alternative location" to the litter box if I forget to close the door. My bed got hit recently, so Im now sleeping on a couch *sigh* Its alright, I suppose, since I usually stay on campus at Uni during weekdays.

sister herb
12-16-2007, 06:05 PM
I have had 3 dogs... not all at the same time of course :D and 1 guinea pig... but my first dog eaten him... ooops :playing:

And 1 rabbit but my second dog... :playing: (he told it was tasty)

My dogs were like this one

I miss them :yawn:

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
aaa lol i had a guinea pig, he died like 2 years ago :( bless him

his name was ranjha - meanin prince :D
Assalam-o-Allikum
Sorry to hear of your loss... did you not have any more pets after him?

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alim Apprentice

This is my family cat, Teh (short for Puteh.. it means white in Malay). Its a Persian I believe, close to 3 years old. Anyways, my dad bought him at a pet market in Kuwait. We brought him here when we moved back to Malaysia. He's our first official feline pet. Before we used to keep many stray cats (my mom is super fond of cats). Some have died under our care, and it was my duty to bury them in the garden. Always a sad experience for me.. for it constantly reminds me when we Muslims would meet the same fate, being buried in earth.

Teh can be a an annoyance at times. My room as always been the target of his "alternative location" to the litter box if I forget to close the door. My bed got hit recently, so Im now sleeping on a couch *sigh* Its alright, I suppose, since I usually stay on campus at Uni during weekdays.
Assalam-o-Allikum
oh my.. i know litter tray issues can be so much of a problem, and i believe the smell is the worst.. but its ok if you clean it all the time... but still Teh is gorgeous! thanx for posting his picture :)

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I have had 3 dogs... not all at the same time of course :D and 1 guinea pig... but my first dog eaten him... ooops :playing:

And 1 rabbit but my second dog... :playing: (he told it was tasty)

My dogs were like this one

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/i/saluki.jpg

I miss them :yawn:

Assalam-o-Allikum
is that an Afghan breed or am i wrong? not sure..
ive never really been a big fan of dogs.. tho when i lived at home there was a family dog and his name was Simba - after the lion king.. he was huge an English bullmastiff breed..
:muddlehea you dogs ate your other pets... :eek: scarey!

sister herb
12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
No, my dogs were saluqies, arabic breed/greyhound. They love to hunt rabbits or antilopes or anything what is running... :giggling:

~Taalibah~
12-16-2007, 07:15 PM
:sl:
There seems to be lots of cat lovers here!
Personally i am a dog lover!
Our cat (on the farm) has got 3 kittens! We want to keep one Insha'Allah. There are dogs there and the parents aren't afraid of them, the kittens we had before grew up with the dogs, so it will be fine for this lot to come here as we too have dogs. I will try and get pics, one thing though it wont have the eyes of the animals as i try not to take pics with full moorat.
Apart from cats and dogs we've a diff lot of birds and fish.
:w:

~Taalibah~
12-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Sis Åÿê§hå i love scriffkins! Black and white cats have always been my fav!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Sis Åÿê§hå i love scriffkins! Black and white cats have always been my fav!
Assalam-o-Allikum
she is quite a poser! lol she loves any type of attention and when family visit she always thinks they have come to see her... always the center of attention lol

~Taalibah~
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Assalam-o-Allikum
she is quite a poser! lol she loves any type of attention and when family visit she always thinks they have come to see her... always the center of attention lol
Lol good for her, she knows how to get the attention!

chacha_jalebi
12-16-2007, 10:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Assalam-o-Allikum
Sorry to hear of your loss... did you not have any more pets after him?
no lol we werent allowed lol :( unless fish count for pets lol

how can you post up pics that are stored in ya comp, il post up a pic ...

~Taalibah~
12-16-2007, 10:09 PM

In my opinion fish definitely count as pets!!lol!:D

snakelegs
12-17-2007, 12:30 AM

you can upload it here
http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu
and then just get the link. it's the link you post and the picture just comes by magic.
there's other ways too, but that's the only way i know.

syilla
12-17-2007, 04:01 AM
:salamext:

i don't have any pics of my cat. It was given by my friend.

I don't know how it died except that i saw he had a broken tail. It happened so fast...one minute he was playing...and another minute he was lying down at the side of the street :(

i missed my cat too...since then everyone in my family forbid me from getting another cat. They said they can't bare of losing another.

i called my cat cheechee.

He used to wake me up early in the morning and present me some of his trophies... *sigh. he put dead mouse at my front door.

He used to steal some bread...eventhough we have covered it with dish cover. But i don't know how...he managed to 'get' the bread without uncovering the dish cover :rolleyes:

After he had gone... we kept hearing his 'meowing' inside the house and we really do miss him imsad.

ashley66
12-17-2007, 06:40 AM
MasyaAllah sis Åÿê§hå, scriffkins is georgeous.

Aww Syilla, I love cats. I symphatize with you because, I'm also forbidden to keep cats because my husband doesn't like the hair and I got so heart broken each time I lose one. I love to wake up to the sound of purring cat like an old engine. sigh.

This is our 2 month Ramadhan & Ramadhani. Plays all day long between naps.

Kid is our first born pet. He is still the Kid at 1 year and 8 month. He makes me loose my sleep when he is extra naughty for I fear he might do something stupid as jump down from the tall goat house to serenade his new friend at neighbouring farm 0.5km away.

The latest addition is Qitmeer, 2 month old puppy with mange that need vet attention. I hope he will grow to be good guard dog that doesn't lick me.

ashley66
12-17-2007, 06:41 AM
I just realise the pics dofail to appear. urgh

sister herb
12-17-2007, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
After he had gone... we kept hearing his 'meowing' inside the house and we really do miss him imsad.
:uuh:

Just same than when my dogs had died... except they didn´t "meow" but walked around the house at the evenings and at the nights...

:cry:

snakelegs
12-17-2007, 08:31 AM
ashley,
try using this program to upload your pictures from your hard drive.

http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu

then you do it from there and you will get a link to paste here.

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
AssalamuAlaykum

Two goldish...Nemo and Semo *grins* Died a tragic death a year or so ago...

amirah_87
12-17-2007, 12:42 PM

Aww wow... We had two Bengal kittens called Ginger & Honey! Not my choice of name btw. I wanted to call them Ja'fer and Jamaal. :shade: They never stayed with us for long. Mother came back home from holiday and screamed the house down when she saw them. She didn't even see them.. she smelt them! they were all the way upstairs! ;D anyhow she demanded we get rid of them pronto.. imsad

After that we got an Arabian Sparrow or was it A Socotrarian Sparrow.. one of the two. It was soo cutee tabaarakAllaah!

When that passed away my uncle bought us a rabbit. We called him Sameer. :statisfie He was the best pet ever!! Abit naughty lol but then again we spoilt him like crazy. :rollseyes

That's about it really... There was the occasional Sheep, Lamb or goat that'd spend the night in our courtyard before the early morning slaughterings! :X
I'd somehow always get attached to the poor fellows and spend the day sitting by it feeding it hay, weeds, grains and whatever I could get my hands on. :-[
There's something about theirs eyes when they look at you too. It's like they know what's about to happen to them.. They look so sad and teary subhanAllaah! :(

syilla
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
That's about it really... There was the occasional Sheep, Lamb or goat that'd spend the night in our courtyard before the early morning slaughterings! :X
I'd somehow always get attached to the poor fellows and spend the day sitting by it feeding it hay, weeds, grains and whatever I could get my hands on. :-[
There's something about theirs eyes when they look at you too. It's like they know what's about to happen to them.. They look so sad and teary subhanAllaah! :(
Did you eat the meat? :happy:

yeah...they usually have sad and teary eyes before the slaughterings....

amirah_87
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Did you eat the meat? :happy:
.. Course I did. :X lol Mum's cooking.. I'd be crazy to miss out! :p But I did feel bad for it! :-\

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87

Aww wow... We had two Bengal kittens called Ginger & Honey! Not my choice of name btw. I wanted to call them Ja'fer and Jamaal. :shade: They never stayed with us for long. Mother came back home from holiday and screamed the house down when she saw them. She didn't even see them.. she smelt them! they were all the way upstairs! ;D anyhow she demanded we get rid of them pronto.. imsad

After that we got an Arabian Sparrow or was it A Socotrarian Sparrow.. one of the two. It was soo cutee tabaarakAllaah!

When that passed away my uncle bought us a rabbit. We called him Sameer. :statisfie He was the best pet ever!! Abit naughty lol but then again we spoilt him like crazy. :rollseyes

AssalamuAlaykum! Wow! you just put me and my goldfishies to shame! *grin*

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
heres a pic of moi guinea pig

his name was ranjha :D meanin prince

bless him :(

lol and he loved cucumbers and cabbage leaves they were like treats for him, and we had to like clip his nails, cut his hair lol he was proper cute :D

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM

his name was ranjha :D meanin prince

bless him :(

lol and he loved cucumbers and cabbage leaves they were like treats for him, and we had to like clip his nails, cut his hair lol he was proper cute :D
AssalamuAlakyum!

aw he's rather fuzzy isnt he? *grin*

Hope you gave him a nice burial...and you cut his hair? cruelty that is! cruelty me tells ya! hmph!

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2007, 01:37 PM
we had too, he went on hajj :p

naa he was one of them cute guinea pigs that grew hair and proper grew hair like turned into a ball, so we had to cut it, like there some guinea pigs who dont have hair and when you see them your like corr blimey:(

and nails you got clip them lol because they mite injure themselfs

animals are like babies:D

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
we had too, he went on hajj :p

naa he was one of them cute guinea pigs that grew hair and proper grew hair like turned into a ball, so we had to cut it, like there some guinea pigs who dont have hair and when you see them your like corr blimey:(

and nails you got clip them lol because they mite injure themselfs

animals are like babies:D
that was rather dangerous...didnt he get trampled on during the Tawaf? or is that how he died? *grin*

Anyhoo...Offtopic so ima leave.

Wassalam

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 01:51 PM
chacha_jalebi

his name was ranjha meanin prince

bless him

lol and he loved cucumbers and cabbage leaves they were like treats for him, and we had to like clip his nails, cut his hair lol he was proper cute
I've heard of those, he looks cute!

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
chanks :D

lol im glad, no one has said thats haraam lol, many people i tell i had a guinea pig say that

but its just a name for them nothin to do with piggys

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 02:13 PM
My pic are mainly of fish! :D But dont think otherwise, they have a prsonality too!:okay:
(Pleco)Algy

Fire Head
(Angel)One of my favorite fish!

My eel

Rafiki
(African grey)He always performs when you come near with a phone!

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 02:14 PM
chanks :D

lol im glad, no one has said thats haraam lol, many people i tell i had a guinea pig say that

but its just a name for them nothin to do with piggys
Its more got to do with being from the rat family i think?:?

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2007, 02:15 PM
yaaa mixture of rat n rabbit

i had parrot fish, inshallah il post some pic up

they look like nemo lol but they eated our other fish :mmokay:

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 02:28 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Ooh them would look good in the samakah thread sis *grin* if you havnt already...

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
AssalamuAlaykum

Ooh them would look good in the samakah thread sis *grin* if you havnt already...
i was thinking of that! Lol, i'll post a pic of each!

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
i was thinking of that! Lol, i'll post a pic of each!
Insha'Allah *grin*

Our neighbour had two baby bulldogs by the way *screams* (quietly so that the non mehrams cannot hear) *grin*

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
^ ive always wanted a bulldog, them british ones, they are soo heavyy but obviously cant have them

you know apparently the saliva of a dog is haraam, so somehow do a operation on them, and get the saliva out and taa daa :D

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
^ ive always wanted a bulldog, them british ones, they are soo heavyy but obviously cant have them

you know apparently the saliva of a dog is haraam, so somehow do a operation on them, and get the saliva out and taa daa :D
new idea for dissertation....you and bro IbnAbdulHakim giving me top ideas! you can have half my degree if you keep it up *grin*

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Insha'Allah *grin*

Our neighbour had two baby bulldogs by the way *screams* (quietly so that the non mehrams cannot hear) *grin*
I like the english bulldog aswell, so does my mother but she wont consent to another dog!

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I like the english bulldog as well, specially my Mother but she wont consent on another dog!
Erm...that doesnt sound right...maybe you need to change your post to: I like the english bulldog aswell, so does my mother but she wont consent to another dog *grin*

~Taalibah~
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Erm...that doesnt sound right...maybe you need to change your post to: I like the english bulldog aswell, so does my mother but she wont consent to another dog *grin*
You are right, i did it!:D Never any good at grammar, language etc!:mmokay:

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Assalam-o-Allikum
Sabeena - what adorable pets you have...
chacha_jalebi - ranjha was a cutey, im sorry you lost him...

thank you all for sharing your stories and pictures...

When i was in Pakistan, my hubbies family had this bird... sort of black colour with red flecks.. and it used to sing ' SubhaanAllah '
has anyone else ever seen the miracles of animals/birds learning islamic terms or phrases?

~Taalibah~
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§hå‹&# 16 8;¯)
Assalam-o-Allikum
Sabeena - what adorable pets you have...
chacha_jalebi - ranjha was a cutey, im sorry you lost him...

thank you all for sharing your stories and pictures...

When i was in Pakistan, my hubbies family had this bird... sort of black colour with red flecks.. and it used to sing ' SubhaanAllah '
has anyone else ever seen the miracles of animals/birds learning islamic terms or phrases?
I heard of a lion that roared "Allah" And Our Parrot can say a few Islamic phrases that we taught him is, if thats what you mean.

Heres the pic of our cat & kittens!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-21-2007, 11:19 PM
I heard of a lion that roared "Allah" And Our Parrot can say a few Islamic phrases that we taught him is, if thats what you mean.

Heres the pic of our cat & kittens!

Assalam o Allikum
Awwww that is so cute.. reminds me when my kitty snowy had kittens... i helped her through 2 pregancies and births... quite an eye opener i tell ya .. lol

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
thought this was cute and funny... id love to have a kitten like this one.. not sure what breed it is tho.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.