/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Closed Thread query

Alim Apprentice
12-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Salams Moderators! I came across this thread titled "Islam vs. Science, Are Muslim beliefs compatible with critical inquiry?", and was hoping to post in it. However, I realised its closed.. After looking through the FAQ:

Closing Threads:
If a thread is getting out of hand with beef and after warnings doesn't look like it will get back on track.
If a thread has become a giant freepost.
If the thread is inappropriate.
I dont think any of those happened, so Im a little curious at the reasons why it got closed :( Is there a reason for this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-16-2007, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alim Apprentice
Salams Moderators! I came across this thread titled "Islam vs. Science, Are Muslim beliefs compatible with critical inquiry?", and was hoping to post in it. However, I realised its closed.. After looking through the FAQ:

I dont think any of those happened, so Im a little curious at the reasons why it got closed :( Is there a reason for this?
:sl:

There were many reasons the thread was closed. The posts that brought about the closing are no longer visible to the members. It was felt some benefit could be had from what was left after it was cleaned up, therefore it was closed and not deleted. However, to keep history from repeating itself the thread is closed for posting.

Alim Apprentice
12-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh.. thats unfortunate. Now Im curious about those posts that brought its demise.. just kidding :p

Thanks brother Woodrow for that clarification!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.