/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more paranoid than I should be - its unlike me

PersianPrince
12-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Asalamalaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

First of all I wish to thank the team for putting together this web site. May Allah bless them for their good deeds.

So what's with my title? I have been having some personal issues since the month of September this year. I am unable to express everything in words here as this is a public board, however I have become quite depressed in the last 8 weeks or so that I am unable to sleep and believe this or not, but I am also crying myself to sleep with tears. (I am a 28 year old male who was previously quite mentally tough).

I feel so emotionally drained and I am losing interest in my Job. My mother has been excellent in her support. She is the only person that I feel I can share my inner feelings with. I feel as if I am only alive because of her. She is the best. I thank Allah for blessing me with such a perfect mother. (This in itself makes me cry more).

Something interesting struck me in the last few weeks. There is a person in my office (who is of a different faith) who has a somewhat unique behaviour. He asks me many personal questions. He asks my whereabouts, people I am with, what their names are and he also feels its necessary to send me SMS messages with stupid winks - he pretends to be friendly, but I have been informed indirectly by colleagues regarding his jealousy towards me. For the many years that I have known him, I have always given him simple answers to his questions or sometimes evaded his questions. But I wonder... is there a likelihood that he has performing some kind of black magic on me?

As you can see, I am quite paranoid. This is not the way I am. But I feel that whatever instability I am experiencing in life at the moment, I am extremely frightened that I may lose more. I will post this message now...:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
12-20-2007, 04:46 AM
You have to make little changes in your life, how it says break the routine. Even a pet could bring this changes. Also, try to read books :-[
When something is wrong in life, the easiest way is to blame someone else for this.

Belief_is_Power
12-20-2007, 05:08 AM
black Magic....um it sounds weird that this guy in your office acts this way to you. He is either very jealous or making fun of you. black magic is a bit much, but it is not impossible to think that he is preforming it against you. My advice, screw him and take advantage of his jealousy by showing off and letting him know that his tricks dont fazz you.

kitten
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
:sl:

Who knows brother. Are u regular in your prayers?

It could be the evil eye? Allah hu Alam

whatever it is, Allah swt let it happen , because inshaAllah one day it may benefit you. Think about it, if someone is doing such, you seek help in patience and prayer and are protected, eventually drawing closer to Allah swt in the long run

But if it is the evil eye or whatnot, then prophet pbuh said 'Every person who is given a blessing, will be envied'

Perhaps this is also a means of Allah showing you the blessings you have been given and thus inviting you to be more be grateful of the favours He has bestowed upon you! :)

For surely gratitude towards Him, will open the doors to other blessings.

No servant ever loses when Allah swt tests him. Theres wisdom behind every decision He makes. Wa Allah.

'If you are grateful, I will surely give you more and more' (Ibrahim 14: 7).

SubhanAllah :)

I'd advise you to recite Ayah-tul-Kursay after every prayer, before sleeping, every morning and every evening. And recite the following three times in the mornings, evenings, and before
sleeping:

Surah Al-Ikhlaas, Al-Falaq, and An-Naas.

May Allah swt protect u always.Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't know about black magic, but your co-worker sounds like he's on a bit of a slippery slope towards harassment.

IbnAbdulHakim
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
brother , recite ayatul kursi, surah ikhlaas/an-nas and al-falaq regularly. Ask for ALlaahs help and inshaAllaah things will be ok.

Allah listens to the distressed, so ask away

Assalamu Alaikum

AnonymousPoster
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
black Magic....um it sounds weird that this guy in your office acts this way to you. He is either very jealous or making fun of you. black magic is a bit much, but it is not impossible to think that he is preforming it against you. My advice, screw him and take advantage of his jealousy by showing off and letting him know that his tricks dont fazz you.
What?! ^ Don't show off, be yourself, ask your mom to make du'a for you, she sounds like a wonderful person mashaAllah, You never know the intentions of other people, they may seem freindly towards you but inside they may want to harm you in some way, since evil eye and black majic are true, pray Allah to protect you from these things, read all the Quls like Bro IbnAbdulHakim said and read Ayatul Qursi as much as possible. Tk

PersianPrince
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. I have also recieved a PM from one of the members. Thank you for the link.

I must admit, today I have left the office at midday. Last night I was giving others advice, feeling quite stable. Today I am not so tough. I feel fear. I know this is wrong, but I feel afraid of the tommorrow that lies ahead. Now I am having doubts and suspicions. Its quite a cascade effect.

There are people better off than me. I must maintain my strength. I have done reasonably well in the last few weeks.

Okay... so it seems I fell asleep at the keyboard (at 14:35). I will post this and take a nap...

Talib_Rayhan
12-22-2007, 12:51 AM

Take heed on the above advice Brother, Allah (swt) is the only one who can help us in our darkest hours.

Also, Have you tried to challenge this guy? I mean, tell him to back off, Let him know that his presence is annoying to you? And that his constant questions are totally inapropriate. I know its not the most peaceful way to go about it. But theres only so much you can take before it become detremental to your physical and mental health.

The next time you see this guy, you should confront him, even if he tells you he is your friend, Tell him that you know of his snakey deceitful ways and dont need friends like him.

And maybe I took the SMS winks thing out of context, but, are you sure hes not homosexual? I wouldnt dream of sending my friends winks, you know?

But anyways, thats just my 2 cents for you Brother, I really hope you get some sort of close to this issue

Salaam

PersianPrince
12-22-2007, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talib_Rayhan

Take heed on the above advice Brother, Allah (swt) is the only one who can help us in our darkest hours.

Also, Have you tried to challenge this guy? I mean, tell him to back off, Let him know that his presence is annoying to you? And that his constant questions are totally inapropriate. I know its not the most peaceful way to go about it. But theres only so much you can take before it become detremental to your physical and mental health.
I haven't confronted him, but he must know that I am purposely being evasive. Fortunately, after reciting the right surahs, I feel as though his comments just bounce off me - they do not affect me as much.
The next time you see this guy, you should confront him, even if he tells you he is your friend, Tell him that you know of his snakey deceitful ways and dont need friends like him.
It's quite complicated in our office. If someone says 1 thing, everyone knows. Despite being a place full of adults, it's still a grapevine.
And maybe I took the SMS winks thing out of context, but, are you sure hes not homosexual? I wouldnt dream of sending my friends winks, you know?
He is married. I even went to his wedding many years ago (with other colleagues). I think he believes that using the winks tones down the impact of his questions - as if he is being playful. What an idiot. (My apologies Allah for saying this about someone).
But anyways, thats just my 2 cents for you Brother, I really hope you get some sort of close to this issue

Salaam
Thank you very much for taking the time out to write to me! I appreciate it. :happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.