/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

sapphirine
12-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Hello or Salaam,

I am glad I have come accross this site as it seems like a great place to learn more through interaction with other members.

I'm currently a student majoring in psychology and have become interested in learning Islam after meeting some classmates who were muslims a couple of years ago.

I find Islam to be a really beautiful religion that is very logical in nature (i'm a science nut) but I am fearful of taking the next step though, which leads me here.

I look forward to learning all I can and have some questions answered!

:smile:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2007, 07:46 AM
hello.
welcome aboard. :sunny:
but I am fearful of taking the next step though, which leads me here.
what do you think the next step is?

sapphirine
12-17-2007, 08:12 AM
thank you for the welcome :)

the next step i suppose will be embracing Islam. That'd require me to make a lot of changes in my life. I'm sure that it doesn't sound like a valid excuse but it'd be difficult

and the more i think about the excuses i have, the more meaningless they seem to be

Ummu Sufyaan
12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
hi,
thank you for the welcome
no problem :sunny:
That'd require me to make a lot of changes in my life. I'm sure that it doesn't sound like a valid excuse but it'd be difficult
thats okay. you have to take it step by step. you need to prioritize, and see what is the most important thing(in comformity to islam) to change first is. eg, you may have pork in your fridge you may need to get rid of. bad example, i know. but thats the only thing i can think of. :hiding: and then ou move on to the less important stuff.. so yeah, step by step.

do you know what you do yo become a muslim? :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Assalam-o-Allikum
Welcome to the forum!

snakelegs
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

------
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
:salamext:

:welcome: to the forums!

Sis, the first thing is that you have to clear your mind of any doubts. And when you are convinced that Islam is the right religion, you can revert to Islam.

Bear in mind one thing though, when you revert to Islam, all your past sins are forgiven, and you are like a new born baby... :)

Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM
:salamext:

:welcome: to the forums!

Sis, the first thing is that you have to clear your mind of any doubts. And when you are convinced that Islam is the right religion, you can revert to Islam.

Bear in mind one thing though, when you revert to Islam, all your past sins are forgiven, and you are like a new born baby... :)
^^ Islam destroys what was before it, and repentance destroys what was before it (Muslim)

Peace and welcome to the forums sis! Take it easy, and you'll find yourself drawn towards the choice that is right for you *smile*

Pk_#2
12-17-2007, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphirine
thank you for the welcome :)

the next step i suppose will be embracing Islam. That'd require me to make a lot of changes in my life. I'm sure that it doesn't sound like a valid excuse but it'd be difficult

and the more i think about the excuses i have, the more meaningless they seem to be
Of course it may be difficult, but we are your brothers and sisters and we are right behind you!! *smiles*

Welcome to the forum sis,

May God guide you, all the best with your life,

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

UmmSqueakster
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the board! There are many of us here who have taken that next step, so feel free to hang out and ask questions about our experiences if you'd like :D I converted as a college student as well, although I'm definately not a science person, ha.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM

Abdul-Raouf
12-18-2007, 04:04 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!