/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A clear cup of tea

Periwinkle18
12-17-2007, 11:54 AM
:sl:

I read this story from a magazine really lyked it thought i should share it with you guys,hope u like it too.

A Clear Cup Of Tea

The exams were over! 12-ear-old Fahad could finally set aside his books and grab his basketball. His new neighbour and classmate Sohail had set up a basketball hoop outside his garage and had invited Fahad over to shoot a few hoops. He also promised to make his lip-smacking cinnamon tea, which tested great with hot samosas.

That evening, after a vigorous game of basketball both friends decided to head to the kitchen, the samosas were already on the table, so Fahad watched Sohail dash around the kitchen preparing the tea. Within minutes, the mouth-watering smell of cinnamon filled the room. As he watched Sohail hunt around for the tea sieve, Fahad remembered something he meant to share with him.

“Sohail, did I tell you about that kid, who’s always wearing that green cap?” began Fahad.

“No,” replied Sohail, fishing out the sieve from a drawer. “But before you do, let me tell you about the triple filter test.”
Fahad looked puzzled. “Triple filter test?”

“That’s right. I use it before I tell anyone anything about someone. The filters let only the right kind of talk to be heard, just like this tea sieve lets only the clear tea into the teapot. It blocks anything you can’t drink from getting in,” sohail explained.

He slowly began pouring the tea from the kettle through the sieve into the teapot. “If what you want to tell me passes through this test,yo’ll have my full attention. The first filter is truth. Is what you want to tell me true>” asked sohail.

“Well…I don’t know… Ali told me…” Fahad looked confused, as he watched a piece of cinnamon land in the tea sieve, while the tea pored through.

“So you don’t know if it’s true… ok, maybe it will pass thenext filter- the filter of goodness. Is what you want to tell me something good?” quizzed Sohail.

“No, actually…” Fahad replied, as the sieve blocked clove in the tea from entering the teapot.

“Hmm… still one last filter… your news may just get by. The test of usefulness- will what you have to tell me be of any use to me?” inquired Sohail.

“No, not really…”sighed Fahad, watching the sieve fill with tea leaves, as the last of the tea trickled into the teapot. “Well, my friend, if it’s neither true nor god nor useful, then it is have no worth to either of us, So, let’s not waste our time discussing it. We can enjoy these samosas and tea and discuss our basketball game instead!”

And that’s just what they did.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
AssalamuAlaykum!!

Wow SubhanAllah *shocked* and how many of us engage in idle talk on a daily basis? SubhanAllah, JazakAllah for sharing! Ima try put that into practice Insha'Allah. Wassalam

------
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
:salamext:

Lol interesting filters!! Jazaak Allaah Khayr...

crayon
12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Very interesting perspective, jazakiallahu khair for sharing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
JazakAllah for reading u guys

Periwinkle18
09-01-2012, 05:15 PM
:bump1:

Serendipity
09-01-2012, 05:54 PM
jzk for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.