/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you get up for Fajr?

transition?
12-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Well, I'd would like some advice. Because I've tried really hard and I just cant seem to get up. Maybe once if I could just get up and pray, I could get the heart to wake up every day after that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Belief_is_Power
12-19-2007, 04:29 AM
I had the same problem a few years back. What i did was set my alarm clock near my bed and turned up the volume real loud. However i would always shut it off very fast or throw it. so i decided to place it far away from my bed. That did the trick. My alarm clock is one that does not stop beeping until it is shut off by hand. It would just keep beeping and I would have to get up and walk over to it in the dark to turn it off. By then I was awake and in shock mode. I went striaght to the bathroom and did wadu. Now I can wake up and pray fajr. Hope that helps. Salam.

Intisar
12-19-2007, 04:36 AM
:w: To be honest, I have an internal clock inside of me that just has a feeling of when Fajr is. So I quickly wake up, make wudhu, pray and then go back to sleep. I also here my Dad praying so that tells me it's Fajr too. :D My motivation is that it's only 2 rakats, which will only take probably 3 minutes out of your day. If I were you though, I would go online to your local mosque's website, and check out when Fajr is supposed to be (inshaa Allah). Then I'd set my alarm clock to when Fajr is.

waji
12-19-2007, 04:57 AM
:sl:

Good advice brother Belief_is_Power & Sister-Ameena
One of the most important thing happens on getting up for Fajr is that You wake up and sees the time say to yourself there is alot of time left, i will getup a little later to say the prayer but you never getup and time gets over this is one of the most irritating thing. so remember you getup by your self or with someones help, getup on the first attempt because sheytaan (Devil) will make you feel that there is alot of time

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
12-19-2007, 06:24 AM
:salamext:

sleep early and drink alot of water before you sleep :)

crayon
12-19-2007, 07:49 AM
.....My mom wakes me up.:p

sapphirine
12-19-2007, 08:39 AM
If you miss fajr prayer, can you make it up later on - how does that work anyways?

Abdul-Raouf
12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
I keep alarm in mobilphone...wit full volume...
One alarm and about 3 reminders(thats too act as alarm)..wit 4-5 minutes gap.....
So i some how get up with that...Mostly it helps me..

crayon
12-19-2007, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphirine
If you miss fajr prayer, can you make it up later on - how does that work anyways?
Yeah, you make it up later when you have time. Of course, it doesn't mean you just miss all the prayers during the day and pray when you feel like it- you make up prayers that you missed accidentally, or if you have a valid excuse for missing them (such as being too sick to get out of bed, having set the alarm but still not waking up, etc.).

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
I keep alarm in mobilphone...wit full volume...
One alarm and about 3 reminders(thats too act as alarm)..wit 4-5 minutes gap.....
So i some how get up with that...Mostly it helps me..
Assalam o Allikum
i also use my cell phone for my alarm and it works really well... tho this morning i got loads of sms Eid Mubarik messages from my hubbies family in pakistan so that was a nice way to wake up compared to the usual BEEP BEEP BEEP

Maimunah
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
salaam.

Ask Allah for help Sincerely, have tawakul in Allah and make sure u set the alarm before u sleep.

Alim Apprentice
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Salams.. the tactic of putting an alarm clock far away from you is good. Try putting obstacles along the way (like a chair) so you have to wake up fully to concentrate on your navigation around the room, haha.

But now I'm living in a small dorm.. so I quickly shut the alarm, even half asleep :( Me and my room mate have an agreement that we should wake one another up.. as long as one of us manages to wake up in the first place :p At times, when I have too many assignments and projects, I try to sleep early and wake up early to continue with work.. maybe 2 hours before Fajr. Inshallah that would allow me not to miss the prayer. Plus, I heard you study best during that time in the morning :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Maimunah
salaam.

Ask Allah for help Sincerely, have tawakul in Allah and make sure u set the alarm before u sleep.

Yep, asking help from Allah is always the best way :)

PersianPrince
12-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I am also struggling. What I have read from my Islamic reading is that we should try to sleep straight after Isha and avoid engaging in any conversation/debate or other type of things that can distract us from going to bed early. We should try to have enough sleep so we can function properly during the day. This seems to make sense. On this note, I will now jump in bed and sleep.

(I guess this is not bad conversation, but I must draw the line for tonight).

Have a great day/night wherever you all are in the world.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-20-2007, 07:35 AM
i set my alarm up, but put it far away from me, so that i have to get up and take it off. that way, i dont get tempted to go back to sleep.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince
I am also struggling. What I have read from my Islamic reading is that we should try to sleep straight after Isha and avoid engaging in any conversation/debate or other type of things that can distract us from going to bed early. We should try to have enough sleep so we can function properly during the day. This seems to make sense. On this note, I will now jump in bed and sleep.

(I guess this is not bad conversation, but I must draw the line for tonight).

Have a great day/night wherever you all are in the world.
Assalam o Allikum
wow sleep straight after isha? 5:50pm ? thats way early... i find if i go to bed aroudn 10pm im ok for fajr any later and im very 'groggy' when getting up to do my prayer...

transition?
12-21-2007, 04:59 PM
thank you everybody.
=)
I REALLY appreciate it :thumbs_up

Right now I'm going to try the the "put the cellphone far away"

and this time I'm going to put it extra loud and hopefully my whole family can benefit =)

I had an idea to set 3 alarms, 2 of them really early as in 3 in the morning, and then one at fajr time so I would be half awake from the early 2 but I guess half awake isn't as good as wide awake :mmokay:

chacha_jalebi
12-21-2007, 05:58 PM
the worst is gettin up in the winter man :(

like the streets are all icey and your half sleep - thats just a disaster waitin to happen...

but best way to wake is get others to wake you, like in the mosque there are always them uncles that havent got a life and they will be willin to knock on your door or more like brake your door down and wake your whole street up for fajr:D

best ways to wake up

- get someone to do for you
- alarm clock
- some say, drinks loads of water and you will wake up lol so try it,

truemuslim
12-21-2007, 06:11 PM
here in america i just set the alarm clock right next to my ear, and sometimes i dont even notice it until an hour after (im a deeeeeeep sleeper) or my mom wakes me up, but in yemen, who misses the fajr prayer? there is adhan there!! yay!! i actually hear it from far away yet dont hear my own clock next to my ear, lol, then by the time the adhan starts in yemen people are awake, talking, praying, guys are at the mosque, ladies begin breakfast...sometimes...

transition?
12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
here in america i just set the alarm clock right next to my ear, and sometimes i dont even notice it until an hour after (im a deeeeeeep sleeper) or my mom wakes me up, but in yemen, who misses the fajr prayer? there is adhan there!! yay!! i actually hear it from far away yet dont hear my own clock next to my ear, lol, then by the time the adhan starts in yemen people are awake, talking, praying, guys are at the mosque, ladies begin breakfast...sometimes...
I'm a deep sleeper too but oddly I can wake up at 1 in the morning than 5 in the morning. :uhwhat

truemuslim
12-23-2007, 12:39 AM
1 in the mornin is about when i go to sleep so i wouldnt know...actually more like 1:30-2:00

qassy!
12-23-2007, 01:20 AM
Salam

I tend to go sleep 1-4AM

So I try and read Fajar before I sleep

But if its a college day I sleep 1ish

So the alarm clock wakes me up then I quickly drink red bull which is next to me and it keep me awake :)

truemuslim
12-23-2007, 01:29 AM
^^^ wow... i hate red bull... coke is much more better...or monsters..sorta

qassy!
12-23-2007, 01:38 AM
^^^ wow... i hate red bull... coke is much more better...or monsters..sorta
Salam Sister,

Red Bull is THE best drink!

truemuslim
12-23-2007, 01:42 AM
ew... coke is the best drink...ok actually not really... i havent really tasted red bull..but my bro loves it..and all other guys... but it smells too sick to taste...lol

adeeb
12-23-2007, 03:14 AM
sleep early and don't forget to turn the alarm on before u sleep...

pray to Allah to make you wake up on fajr, it will be better if u do tahajjud before fajr time, so u have to get up earlier and you wouldn't miss the fajr prayer, insha Allah

dont forget to pray for it...:):)

truemuslim
12-23-2007, 03:18 AM
^^^ thanks bro... i stay sleepy if i sleep early...i am WIDE awake when i sleep late...besides my dad comes home at like 12 and i wanna be there... and its bring to sleep

AnonymousPoster
12-23-2007, 10:37 AM

I've struggled for a while now on finding a way to wake up for Fajr... I've tried having multiple alarm clocks (which I sleep through), drinking a lot of water before I sleep so I wake up to use the bathroom (which I've also slept through), and other methods... and I've FINALLY found something that works for me... It might not work for you, so you should struggle to find something that does, but what I did was get rid of my bed so I don't sleep so heavy... I sleep on the floor now. For the first few days or so it was pretty painful, but now I fold a blanket and sleep on that... not as comfy as a fluffy bed at first, but now I'm more than content with it... still have some back problems every now and then, but it's worth it :)

Now I'm more able to wake up for Fajr with my other two methods (multiple alarm clocks and water drinking before sleep). I still have the occassional off-day when I sleep through everything, but I'm waking up for Fajr more now than ever... try it out and see if it helps :)

At the end of the day, sleeping early and making Niya before you sleep to wake up for Fajr should be a good method... but I have a bad habit of sleeping late...

May Allah SWT help you in this and make it easy for you :)

PersianPrince
12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Assalam o Allikum
wow sleep straight after isha? 5:50pm ? thats way early... i find if i go to bed aroudn 10pm im ok for fajr any later and im very 'groggy' when getting up to do my prayer...
You're right. Perhaps I mis-interpreted what I was reading. I will find the source again. :nervous:

transition?
12-23-2007, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Salam

I tend to go sleep 1-4AM

So the alarm clock wakes me up then I quickly drink red bull which is next to me and it keep me awake :)
red bull
That's insane!

I try to get my dad to wake me up. Sometimes I even tell him to throw water if he has to. lol :giggling:

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
The alarm clock works perfectly for me, Although some mornings like this morning, I find myself wide awake just before Fajr...

There is also a Java Application for some mobile phones you can get called Azan, You just set it to the Country and City your in and for each prayer it will play the call to prayer for you, I find this works very very well... Apart from when im at work and I dont hear it and someone comes to me and says "there are strange noises coming from your locker"... And im not allowed to take time out to pray at work, which im sure is illegal in the UK, But i wont be there for much longer anyways, I do truly hate that job

BlackMamba
12-24-2007, 10:30 PM
try and alarm clock or something lol and put it under your pillow on high....

al_islam
12-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Try 3 alar m clocks...all round ur your room...then u have to get up !!! to switch them off.

noorseeker
12-25-2007, 12:09 AM
i work he night shift , so for 4 nights im already awake so i cant miss it , on me days off i use two mobile phones.

al_islam
12-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Or saty online til fajr

MaiCarInMtl
12-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Does anyone have a hard time going back to sleep after? I've never had a hard time getting up in the morning, but getting back to sleep after.... Now that's hard! I lie there, wide awake, for a good 30 minutes.

syilla
12-27-2007, 11:03 PM
lol...why you want to sleep after that.
Go ahead and stay awake...do something useful :)

Sleeping after Fajr and `Asr Prayers

Question:

As-Salamu `alaykum! I am a medical student and sometimes I go to bed after 2:00 a.m. Therefore, after I offer Fajr Prayer, I feel tired and go to sleep. Please tell me the ruling on sleeping after Fajr Prayer; is it haram (forbidden) or makruh (disliked)? Actually I don't like to sleep after Fajr, but I need to know the correct ruling if I face it. Also what about sleeping after `Asr Prayer? Jazaka Allah khayran.

Answer:

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we are greatly pleased to receive your question, which shows the confidence you place in us. May Allah reward you abundantly for your interest in knowing the teachings of Islam!

First of all, we invoke Allah to grant you success in your studies and help you to become a successful Muslim doctor who benefits Islam and Muslims. Ameen.

As for the question you raised, you should know that there is nothing wrong in sleeping after Fajr, particularly if you feel tired because of studying at night. However, it was the practice of the Prophet and his Companions not to sleep after Fajr, as it is a time of blessing. Although it is permissible to spend the night in studying and to sleep after Fajr, we advise you to try to sleep early and study after Fajr, as it is a time of blessings and can better help you concentrate in your study. The blessing does not merely mean blessing in money and sustenance but it can be in knowledge as well as health, etc. Doing so, you will also be able to pray Fajr on time and never miss it due to late sleeping.

As for sleeping after `Asr, there is no evidence in the Qur’an or authentic hadith to prohibit it; and hence the general rule of permissibility of sleeping at these times is applicable.

Elaborating on this we’d like to cite for you the following Fatwa issued by Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Muslim lecturer and author, who states:

“As far as a person’s sleeping after praying Fajr is concerned, no text (of Qur’an or Sunnah) has been reported to indicate that this is prohibited, so the general principle applies (i.e., everything is permitted except that which has been expressly forbidden).

But the practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and his Companions after praying Fajr was to remain sitting in the place where they had prayed until the sun rose, as is reported in Sahih Muslim (1/463) in the hadith of Sammak ibn Harb, who said: I asked Jabir ibn Samurah, “Did you used to sit with the Messenger of Allah?” He said, “Yes, frequently. He would not get up from the place where he had prayed Subh (Morning Prayer) until the sun rose. When the sun rose, he would get up. They used to talk about things that had happened during the Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic period), and they would laugh and smile.”

Also, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) asked his Lord to bless his Ummah in the mornings, as is reported in the hadith of Sakhr al-Ghamidi, who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: ‘O Allah, bless my Ummah in the mornings.’ Whenever he sent out troops or an army, he would send them at the beginning of the day.” Sakhr was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans at the beginning of the day, and he did well as a result and made money. [Reported by Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, with a chain of transmitters in which there is unknown narrator; corroborating evidence is to be found in a hadith narrated by `Ali, Ibn `Umar, Ibn `Abbas, Ibn Mas`ud and others (may Allah be pleased with them all).]

For this reason, some of the salaf (early Muslims) disliked the idea of sleeping after Fajr. Ibn Abi Shaybah reported in his Musannaf (5/222, no. 25442) with an authentic chain of transmitters from `Urwah ibn al-Zubayr that he said: “Al-Zubayr used to forbid his children to sleep in the morning.” `Urwah said: “I do not hear of any man who sleeps in the morning but I lose interest in that person.”

In brief, people should make the most of this time which can bring many benefits in this world and in the Hereafter, but if a person sleeps at this time to gain strength to do his work, there is nothing wrong with this, especially if it is not easy for him to sleep at any other time of the day. Ibn Abi Shaybah reported in his Musannaf (5/223, no. 25454) from the hadith of Abu Yazid al-Madini who said: “`Umar came to Suhayb one morning and found him sleeping, so he sat down until he woke up. Suhayb said: ‘The Commander of the Faithful is sitting in his place and Suhayb is sleeping!’ `Umar said to him: ‘I did not like to disturb your sleep that could be beneficial for you.’”

As for sleeping after `Asr, this is also permitted; there is no authentic hadith from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to indicate that sleeping at this time is prohibited.

As for the words, “Whoever sleeps after `Asr and loses his mind as a result has no one to blame but himself,” which are attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), this is a false hadith and there is no proof that these words were uttered by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

Commenting on this false hadith, Sheikh al-Albani writes: “Marwan [ibn Muhammad al-Asadi] said: I said to Layth ibn Sa`d – when I saw him sleep after `Asr during the month of Ramadan – ‘O Abul-Harith! Why are you sleeping after `Asr when Ibn Lahi`ah has told us … (and he mentioned the false hadith)?’ Al-Layth said: ‘I do not give up something that is good for me because of the hadith of Ibn Lahi`ah from `Aqil!’ I am impressed by this answer of al-Layth, because it is indicative of understanding and knowledge, and no wonder, for he was one of the imams of the Muslims and well known jurists.” (See: Al-Silsilah al-Da`ifah [hadith no. 39]).” [Source: www.islam-qa.com]
taken from http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...fter-fajr.html

MaiCarInMtl
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
If it's 4 am, well, nothing is open before at least 6 am (the gym opens at 6, and work opens around 8... class times are another matter). Plus it's very hard for me to go to bed before 11 pm and napping throws my system off. Those few extra hours of sleep make all the difference for me.

praying4jannah
01-01-2008, 06:54 PM
asalamualaykum!!
one thing that helps.. is having a sincere intention before sleeping.. that u are goin to wake up for fajr. in a way its like mentally preparing urself..
alsoo i agree with many sisters and brothers who have sed... keep ur alarm clock away 4rm u!! this helps.. as you would hv to get up to close it... and by doing this you will find that u r half awake. inshallah hope that has helped!!

transition?
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
Or saty online til fajr

lol no can do. I have schoolwork =S.

Muhammad
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Masha'Allaah, a very beneficial thread. To help us with our intention and motivation, it is very useful to constantly remind ourselves of the importance of waking up for Fajr and the great rewards and benefits it holds:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/4...cept-fajr.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...on-allaah.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/3...jr-prayer.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/2...-almighty.html

May Allaah (swt) make us among those who are devoted to their Salat and remain constant in them, Aameen!

saj1985
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
i put an alarm on my mobile phone and
make sure its not to close to me,
so i have to get up!

once your up theres no excuse lol!

i'd advise that have a sincere intention to wake up for fajr before you sleep.
also before you sleep pray your quls, ayat ul kursi, kalima etc,
make a lot of dua,
ask allah for protection from the cursed shaytaan and your nafs (desires)
(not saying you dont already)
inshallah you'll get into a routine within no time.

hope this helps,
make dua for me! :D

Mikayeel
01-04-2008, 01:00 AM
salam, this is what we used to do, a group of friend, one wakes up and to him is the duty to wake up the rest by ringing them, keep trying till that person wakes, because when u speak to someone directly it bound to get u up!, and u can change whoever gets up to wake up the rest, but because it has the most of rewards! u should rather fight over who wakes up first:P :), and put ur ringtone on highest volume so the whole house wakes up, this will work inshallah!:)

*Maysun
01-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Assalaamu Alaikuum Waarhamatul Lahi Wabarakatuh

umm but me i get up for Fajir like how i get up for school .. alhamdulilah ..

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 02:13 AM
if you wanna wake another person up for fajr...so fun... there are like millions of ways...this is what i do...shake 'em... not awake?... yell 'WAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUPPPP!!!"...still not awake?...yell 'hurry there is a tornado outside!!'... by this time they should be awake...if not... this is what i do... go to there ear...and say...'come on, don't, _name of person here_ please don't, you are going the wrong way... please wake up, (name) wake up...basically just annoy them to death... play wit there cheeks, make 'em talk... u know...be CREATIVE...

if they still asleep...(me)... then take an alarm clock set it for the next minute, then say, ok im gonna leave u alone now... and leave when it rings, start yelling... WAKE UP WAKE UP while shakin 'em.... thats sorta all... btw this is if they a deeeeeep sleepa like moi...hehe....

oh yah if they not awake yet..they dead... bye :w:

Ummu Sufyaan
01-04-2008, 07:21 AM
errmmm, no offence, but we want people to have a love for getting up for fajr. man, if you woke me up, i think id punch ya :X :hiding::D

Mikayeel
01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
if you wanna wake another person up for fajr...so fun... there are like millions of ways...this is what i do...shake 'em... not awake?... yell 'WAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUPPPP!!!"...still not awake?...yell 'hurry there is a tornado outside!!'... by this time they should be awake...if not... this is what i do... go to there ear...and say...'come on, don't, _name of person here_ please don't, you are going the wrong way... please wake up, (name) wake up...basically just annoy them to death... play wit there cheeks, make 'em talk... u know...be CREATIVE...

if they still asleep...(me)... then take an alarm clock set it for the next minute, then say, ok im gonna leave u alone now... and leave when it rings, start yelling... WAKE UP WAKE UP while shakin 'em.... thats sorta all... btw this is if they a deeeeeep sleepa like moi...hehe....

whahahah loool!, thats how you would wake up somebody in prison! Or somebody that you hate from deeeeep inside!. Or in some horror movie, if some one wakes me up like that i will make him a foot shorter!:P

syilla
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11;
errmmm, no offence, but we want people to have a love for getting up for fajr. man, if you woke me up, i think id punch ya :X :hiding::D
I don't have to do what ukhtee truemuslim's do, my hubby already have this reflex action...since the day i married him.

Alhamdulillah i never been punched...but my son has :uuh:

pity him... :embarrass

transition?
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

Masha'Allaah, a very beneficial thread. To help us with our intention and motivation, it is very useful to constantly remind ourselves of the importance of waking up for Fajr and the great rewards and benefits it holds:

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/4...cept-fajr.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...on-allaah.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/3...jr-prayer.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/2...-almighty.html

May Allaah (swt) make us among those who are devoted to their Salat and remain constant in them, Aameen!
JazakhAllah brother

thank you alot!
:peace:

truemuslim
01-10-2008, 12:04 AM
LOL hamada!! easy person in prison... why else do u think the cops are loaded...do it right next to the ear tho.lol... someone u hate...get over it... if not ...hehehe...my mind is full.. here it is... suddenly feel like jumping on there bed and 'accidentaly' fall on them... if they ur older bro...dont even try...i go wake him up to go to school or something and i go NEAR him and say wake up a bit loud tho, and he quickly grabs my shirt and says 'IF I HEAR U WAKIN ME UP AGAIN I WILL KILL U' and i say ok ok ok... sorry... please dont hurt me?.(heart beatin).. lol ... if they younger than u then jump, yell, feel thirsty and bring ice cold water with u... and 'trip' on clothes or something... very easy actually...

anonymous
04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Salam

I tend to go sleep 1-4AM

bro, one of the conditions of prayer is that it has to be done in a specific time...:)
7) The entrance of the prayer’s time. The proof for this condition is taken from the Hadith of Jibril, peace be upon him, wherein he led the Prophet in each prayer, once at the beginning of the time for each prayer, and then at the end of its time. He said, ” O Muhammad, the prayer is between these two times,” Allah Almighty says:
Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours. (An-Nisa 4:103)
Perform As-Salat from midday till the darkness of the night, and recite the Qur’an in the early dawn. Verily, the recitation of the Qur’an in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of mankind of the day and the night). (Al-Isra’ 17:7
Prayer, by abdul-aziz ibn baz

- IqRa -
07-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Bump

Help

Ummu Sufyaan
07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
another thing to do, is just go to sleep early so that your not tempted to press the snooze 100 times because you haven't fitted enough hours in of sleep b4 fajr :heated:

sof200
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
hide a loud alarm clock in the room, so you will end up looking for it. It works

Tanya Khan
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
I have 3/4 alarms and I put them all in different places. I used to use 2 at first, and put one as far away from me as possible. But even then, I used to be so tired i'd still turn off the one further away from me and go straight back to bed.

AntiKarateKid
07-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I just make a really obnoxious ring tone and place the phone at the other end of the bedroom!

A.M.H.
07-29-2009, 06:25 PM

just recite the last 3/4 ayahs of surah kahaf before going to bed insh'allah it will help

:bism:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ كَانَتْ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتُ الْفِرْدَوْسِ نُزُلًا (18:107)

خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا لَا يَبْغُونَ عَنْهَا حِوَلًا (18:108)

قُل لَّوْ كَانَ الْبَحْرُ مِدَادًا لِّكَلِمَاتِ رَبِّي لَنَفِدَ الْبَحْرُ قَبْلَ أَن تَنفَدَ كَلِمَاتُ رَبِّي وَلَوْ جِئْنَا بِمِثْلِهِ مَدَدًا (18:109)

قُلْ إِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَى إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو لِقَاء رَبِّهِ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا وَلَا يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِ أَحَدًا (18:110)

:arabic3:

Ansariyah
08-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I never have problems waking up. I can go to sleep laaaate n still get up without any alarms, never used alarms in my life. Alhamdulilah.

wen somethin is important to me it doesn't leave my mind, so my mind tends to keep me awake. I usually get up always an hour be4, n just wait until the time comes...

Can u imagine how many people in my fmaily wait for me to wake them up every day? I'm the alarm:p:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-25-2009, 02:42 AM
I used to be able to when I had the intention/late/ early. Now I cant most of the time. I usually have to set an alarm.

nebula
08-25-2009, 02:53 AM
since summer holidays started ive usually been awake till fajr time, but before that i used to get up using my phone

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Recite the Surahs as mentioned by Prophet Muhammad (saw). When you don't, the shaytaan urinates in your ear all night so it's harder to get up.

The Prophet (saw) also used to begin preparing his bed after isha prayer and did not stay up without a legitimate reason. He (saw) would then wake in the early hours to pray tahajjud. Neither did the Prophet (saw) fill his stomach full and recommended not sleeping before the food has digested. This really makes a person lazy and lethargic. I've realised that to make it easy to fulfil our fardhs, its best if we fulfil the sunnahs of the Prophet (saw).

IslamicRevival
08-25-2009, 03:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Recite the Surahs as mentioned by Prophet Muhammad (saw). When you don't, the shaytaan urinates in your ear all night so it's harder to get up.

The Prophet (saw) also used to begin preparing his bed after isha prayer and did not stay up without a legitimate reason. He (saw) would then wake in the early hours to pray tahajjud. Neither did the Prophet (saw) fill his stomach full and recommended not sleeping before the food has digested. This really makes a person lazy and lethargic. I've realised that to make it easy to fulfil our fardhs, its best if we fulfil the sunnahs of the Prophet (saw).
Ive heard about this.... but i would like it if someone could post a hadith regarding shaytan urinating in your ear. I dont know if its true or not hence my request

kwolney01
08-25-2009, 03:36 AM
I have an azan clock right next to my bed. It doesn't have a volume button so sometimes I don't wake up from it. :(

During Ramadan I set my normal alarm clock about an hour before Fajr so I can wake up and eat Sahoor. I read the Quran until Fajr, pray Fajr, then go to bed. I'm a convert in a non-Muslim house hold so I'm on my own.

Ramisa
08-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Alhumdulilah,I have many supporting factors for getting up for the Fajr Saalah,Insha'Allah one of these might assist you.:
•Alarm Clock(mobile,Alarm Clock and Computer).
•My Intention,if you have a pure intention before you sleep,you will get up,Insha'Allah.
•My parents. Alhumdulilah if all fail these are the people I rely on..may Allah bless them and all parents for the suffering they have taken upon because of us.

Snowflake
08-25-2009, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Troubled Soul
Ive heard about this.... but i would like it if someone could post a hadith regarding shaytan urinating in your ear. I dont know if its true or not hence my request
I've heard it in countless lectures, Peace TV and more. I think it's mentioned in 'How to repel Shaytaan' by Sheikh Feiz Muhammad. If not, please listen to the rest, as I can't remember which one is was specifically. I recommend listening to all anyway. :)

http://www.missionislam.com/health/quranhealing.html

Humbler_359
08-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Sleeping is better than Prayer: Shaytan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chyOa...2C459&index=21

cat eyes
08-25-2009, 08:22 PM
probably a bad habit for a girl but i stay up till the actual fajir time mostly:exhausted

Salahudeen
08-25-2009, 08:30 PM

;D lol hahaha I imagine living in your house is quite fun with you doing all that in the early hours of the morning ;D your wife and kids gonna be lucky to have you waking them up every day like that lool

true believer
08-25-2009, 11:19 PM
dont SLEEP, lool thats what i been doing. i stay up til 4 and eat and drink myself silly until i pray den i sleep :) works for me

Bub
08-26-2009, 12:57 AM
vibrating alarm frm mobile phone works for me!

Danah
08-26-2009, 01:01 AM
I set my mobile and I made the adan of Macca as the tone of the alarm, also, I put the mobile faaaar away from my bed so when it ring I will have to "walk" on the room in order to reach it

it works with me Alhumdulilah, but the most important thing u have to consider is "sleep early"otherwise you will not make it

alcurad
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
“The primary thing when you take a sword in your hands is your intention to cut the enemy, whatever the means. Whenever you parry, hit, spring, strike or touch the enemy’s cutting sword, you must cut the enemy in the same movement. It is essential to attain this. If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. More than anything, you must be thinking of carrying your movement through to cutting him.” Miamoto Musashi

a useful analogy.
when you want to wake up for it you will. otherwise, focus :)

bamboozled
08-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I dont get up, I stay up.

Honestly, if you can you should try it. Its why I am awake now. Furj is at 3.30ish so 1hr togo. The first week it was a little tough but now mashallah I am in a good habit and mashallah manage to get some zhikr in.

Try it for a couple weeks.

'Abdul Rahmaan
08-26-2009, 01:39 AM
Alarm wakes me up.

de_ruutje
08-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Before I sleep, I ask Allah to wake me up when Fajr comes and it works. I suddenly wake up everyday when Fajr comes.

Muslimah4Eva x
08-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Before you sleep put an alarm on and a very loud ringtone.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.