/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith and Sunna

MartyrX
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
As some you know I'm new to the religion and I've come across some conflicting information. I guess I'm more confused now than what I was a month ago. I've read that Muslims should only follow the Qur'an and the teaching from the Hadith and Sunna are not from Allah.

Could someone help me with this confusion?

I actually was reading from this website when the confusion really began.

www.---------------

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmSqueakster
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
The Qur'an tells us over and over again to obey God and obey His Messenger.

O you who believe! Obey God and His Messenger, and do not turn away from him. (8:20)

O you who believe! Obey God and obey the Messenger and those in authority from amongst you. (4:59)

It is not for any believer, man or woman, when God and His Messenger have decreed a matter, to have the choice in the affair. Whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger has gone astray into manifest error. (33:36)

Now, Qur'an only muslims, like those who run the submission website, will try to argue that the Prophet's example is only found in the Qur'an, and that the hadith we have today are fabricated. However, if we look at the muslim community following the death of the Prophet (saws), we see that they would often ask each other "what would the Prophet have done in this situation?" These consultations among the companions of the Prophet (saws) were the beginning of the ahadith we have today.

I would highly recommend this website to learn about the hadith and their history, and also that you find yourself a good teacher who can help you with your studies. There is so much information out there, a lot of it bad or corrupt, and it's so easy for a new muslim (and even some who've been muslim all their life) to get lead astray.

anatolian
01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
As some you know I'm new to the religion and I've come across some conflicting information. I guess I'm more confused now than what I was a month ago. I've read that Muslims should only follow the Qur'an and the teaching from the Hadith and Sunna are not from Allah.

Could someone help me with this confusion?

www.---------------
Salam Aleykum.These are a new group.A kind of "Protestant Muslims".And although I am not in the same opinion of the classical Sunni way,I think they are wrong too.

InToTheRain
01-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Bro JeffX avoid that website for they do not adhere to the Sunnah or examples of the Prophet(SAW) preserved through the hard work of pious scholars of the past recognised now as Hadiths.

I recommend Ibn Kathir(RA) if your starting off:

Ibn kathir(RA) Tafsir of the Qur'an ONLINE!:

http://www.tafsir.com/

Books by Ibn Kathir(RA):

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?authID=70

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX

www.---------------
:sl:

No wonder you confused Akhi,

They themself are confused. This is a new sect called Quranite.

Search this forum out for the mentioning of this sect and also articles on follwoing sunnah and what is hadith. Build up your basic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.