/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eid Greetings?

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 10:45 AM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

I wanted to know this since last Eid and still haven't found the answer. So here's the question: A lot of Brothers on Eid day greet each other by first shaking their hands but then they sort of hug each other three times. Is this an authentic Sunnah or something...? Anyone got any links to post up?

JazaakAllaahu Khayran and sorry if a thread like this is already on this forum... :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM
:sl:
im not sure, it could be cultural, not necessarily religiously related. do you know what ther nationality is?

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Well I see it amongst us Bengalis, since I live in an area that's dominated by Bengalis but yet I'm pretty sure this is widespread amongst other people aswell...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-22-2007, 11:05 AM
i think ive also seen arabs do it too, but not neccesarly on eid though. im not too sure...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
dunno if its sunnah bro, but i love hugging brothers on eid!

Assalamu Alaikum

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Assalamu Alaikum
Wa'alaykum Salaam

dunno if its sunnah bro
Alright, fair enough. JazaakAllaah Khayr though!

but i love greetings brothers on eid!
Lol yeah it's cool I guess! :D Just need to know if it's Sunnah or not.

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-22-2007, 08:21 PM
never seen it done...

could be a "bengali" thing man...never seen indians or pakistanis do it...

jzcasejz
12-22-2007, 08:23 PM
as-Salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah!!

format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Al Aqwa-
never seen it done...

could be a "bengali" thing man...never seen indians or pakistanis do it...
Interesting! JazaakAllaah Khayr, your contribution to this thread means we're one step closer to solving this mystery!!! ;D

'Abd al-Baari
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM

never seen indians or pakistanis do it...
i have, lol weren't you at Jamea last 'Eid? there was a huging extreme after Jumua :D

bro jzcasejz, i read through all the 'Eid Hadiths on the Sahih Bukahri software, and couldn't find anything that said that the Prophet sallahu alayhi wassalam did or the companions radiyallahu anhum

Ibn Al Aqwa
12-22-2007, 08:31 PM
^lol i was...but i never stick around for long...

so i was wrong jz...there you go, thats my contribution...lol...

chacha_jalebi
12-22-2007, 09:56 PM
its just a expression of joy, and showin the muslims are one

dont you hate them forced hugs :(

anyway *big group hug* :D

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

yes yes i do :X i hate it when old ladies give you those slobbery kisses.:X its quite disgusting.

truemuslim
12-23-2007, 12:45 AM
^^ lol... not me... there lips don't get to touch my cheecks...only next to it..ya know wut i mean... and only my aunts and other ladies verry nice and close to me... but they aint slobbery...thank god...i would avoid them then

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 05:29 AM
with me, I usually put my hijab to cover my face as much as i can without looking too weird, and then i kinda direct my face so that they kiss my hijab, and i dont have to recieve the ewwy stuff. :D its great!

jzcasejz
12-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Wa'alaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullaah

format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>
bro jzcasejz, i read through all the 'Eid Hadiths on the Sahih Bukahri software, and couldn't find anything that said that the Prophet sallahu alayhi wassalam did or the companions radiyallahu anhum
JazaakAllaah Khayr! Yeah true say, even to this day I haven't heard anything about this...

Especially the ones where the Brother purposely smashes your shoulders!

anyway *big group hug* :D
If you insist. :D

Anyways, I guess this thread can be closed now. I know this knowledgeable Brother, maybe he can answer it...

H4RUN
12-25-2007, 04:11 PM
There was me thinking it was done to smell the other persons atr...:playing::statisfie

Oh and there's always an 'uncle' who thinks he's still tarzan running the jungle....He calls you over holding his arms out with his jolly belly sticking out, it gets bigger as you get closer, and then...

SPLAT! you're internal organs get splattered inside as you get lifted off your feet with a jolly big mahooosive hug:uuh:...And for some reason they always smell of curry and atr...i mean what the heck! Were they having a curry fest during the Eid prayer!

Ahem why wasnt i told:embarrass

Aslamualaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!