/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hello i need some help finding some info out!!

Ryane2222
12-22-2007, 06:17 PM
hello everybody!! My name is Ryan.i am in south carolina. people around here are so close minded.anyways i was wondering if any of you know where i can get info on muslims and islamic religon. the only reason i asked is because i have 2 friends they are so close minded about muslims and the islamic religon. they think every muslim is a terrorist.so i need some info to prove to them what they believe isnt true.all the help i can get will be very helpful. thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silver Pearl
12-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Greetings Ryane,

There are alot of people out there who would rather live in ignorance and feed on every word the media has to say. I don't think anyone is going to deny the fact that some Muslims are bad, but by no means does it reflect all Muslims and certainly not Islaam. I hope your friends can open their minds and be more understanding of the truth. Perhaps it would help if you went to your local mosque and got to know muslims round your neighbourhood?

There is a link below, it might give you more understanding about Muslims and Islaam. You can browse the rest of the Basic Islaam section for further queries.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...o-muslims.html

I hope you have a pleasant stay on the board.

Ryane2222
01-02-2008, 02:28 AM
thank you for the info

snakelegs
01-02-2008, 03:03 AM
hi, hope you're continuiing to recover well from your accident.
here's another site with info
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslim1
01-02-2008, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ryane2222
hello everybody!! My name is Ryan.i am in south carolina. people around here are so close minded.anyways i was wondering if any of you know where i can get info on muslims and islamic religon. the only reason i asked is because i have 2 friends they are so close minded about muslims and the islamic religon. they think every muslim is a terrorist.so i need some info to prove to them what they believe isnt true.all the help i can get will be very helpful. thanks
I think the best proof comes from this forum. You can find nice people of different faiths here and all are nice. :p:peace:

If you go back to history, you will find that Muslims were the most tolerant with their enemies and minorities. :thankyou:

Ryane2222
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
thank you all again who replyed. yes im recovering very well from my accident.
i also let some of my friends who think all muslims are bad read the info you have sent me about muslims and islam.

they told me that to them every muslim is bad.i have tried telling them if you just get on here you will see every muslim is not bad.but my friends think they are which is stupid because you can not judge people from a different religon just because of what others hve done. maybe one day they will understand that not all muslims are bad.dont get me wrong i love my friends but they think crazy stuff sometimes. but thats them not me.

AvarAllahNoor
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Oooh my post was deleted. Hai Hai

Ryane2222
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
thank u for responding

MartyrX
01-07-2008, 03:48 AM
thank you all again who replyed. yes im recovering very well from my accident.
i also let some of my friends who think all muslims are bad read the info you have sent me about muslims and islam.

they told me that to them every muslim is bad.i have tried telling them if you just get on here you will see every muslim is not bad.but my friends think they are which is stupid because you can not judge people from a different religon just because of what others hve done. maybe one day they will understand that not all muslims are bad.dont get me wrong i love my friends but they think crazy stuff sometimes. but thats them not me.
Well sometimes we need to take stock on our lives and who we keep within our circle. I've been there myself and unfortunately some of old friends are no longer with me, but I grew tired of the negativity that their presence brought to my home. Here's a link for you to look at. You might be able to find a local Mosque if you would want to speak with someone face to face.

www.islamicfinder.com

Strzelecki
01-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Hello Ryan E. Welcome to LI.
Maybe introducing them to a Muslim would be a good idea, and just what they need to see Islam is a religion of peace, not war! :)

Ryane2222
01-12-2008, 06:11 PM
just wanted to say again thanks to all who responed.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Sup Ryan lol.

Yea I think that would be just about the best thing right now. Introduce them to a good Muslim :) Hopefully that will let them ponder a bit and release some of the stereotypes they have :)

Have a nice day!
Peace

------
01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
:salamext:

Check out these sites :)

http://www.beconvinced.com/en/main.php

www.islamreligion.com

Ryane2222
01-17-2008, 04:38 AM
just wanted to say thanks to all who responded that info you all gave me i really thank you for that.

Ebtisweetsam
01-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Ryanne
When i first moved into my neighbourhood, about a year ago, my neighbours were very skeptical about 'meeting the new muslims'.... because the previous owners were also Muslims, but were very private. I, on the other hand, introduced myself to them (my neighbours), opened my home to them, and showed them there was no difference between us. So now they have a competely different view of Muslims.
Sometimes, people need to see the right example to change their minds... so if you know any Muslim friends you can introduce your friends to, then maybe they might just change their minds too.:D:D:D

guyabano
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
I think the best proof comes from this forum. You can find nice people of different faiths here and all are nice. :p:peace:
But please don't forget to suggest her NOT to visit the World Affairs Section. There are a few 'not so nice' people :D

Pk_#2
01-17-2008, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
But please don't forget to suggest her NOT to visit the World Affairs Section. There are a few 'not so nice' people :D
Him*

We are a nice bunch dun worry.

Ryane2222
01-18-2008, 07:46 AM
thats true. thank you for responding

guyabano
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Happy
Him*

We are a nice bunch dun worry.
Throw a stone in a group of dogs, and of course those who will be hit, will bark :okay:

Ryane2222
01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
just wanted to say thank you all again.

everytime i come to this site my friends are over here. they are reading what your writing. they say no muslim is a good muslim you all believe in the preaching of osama. i tell them they are wrong not every muslim believes what osama believes in. they say did you see what 19 muslims did on 9/11 i said ya but these people on this site is not like them.they just keep going on on about the same thing. its crazy but oh well.

just thought id share that with yall.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Well I guess the best you can do is be patient. If Allah(God) wills, He can open their hearts to how we really are :) We see you are already doing your best :)

Anyways, hope to see you around!

Peace :D

MartyrX
01-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Those people were not muslims in the true sense of the word and belief. I know I shouldn't speak of ill of another, but Allah (swt) would not condone such an action.

Ryane2222
01-19-2008, 08:22 AM
thank you all who responded.

my friends are country and they believe all muslims are the same. they belive every muslim should be accountable for 9/11 and the london bombings but i try to tell them not all muslims are like that. they keep sayin forget what you read on here but they are lying to u. im like no theyre not. they say you all are. im like no they are true muslims. they believe in something different than osama but they think all muslims are the same. they keep telling me they'll be another 9/11 because muslims will attack us again. so i dont know what to think. i try to think postive that another 9/11 wont happen but i dont know.

Muslim Woman
01-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Salaam/peace;

.. so i need some info to prove to them what they believe isnt true.

welcome to the forum . Thanks a lot for ur good intention to defend Muslims :smile:

u may invite ur friends to enjoy this video & ask them if Islam is really bad , why so many Chrisitians including many Priests/ pastors are embracing Islam even after 9/11 ??

George W Bush may be backed by Christian fundamentalists but in his home state of Texas, Islam is the latest big draw. The Bible belt is transferring its allegiance to the Qur’an because, for many erstwhile Christians, believe it or not, the church is too liberal.

Eric was a Baptist preacher before he became a Muslim 14 years ago. Now he prays five times a day – even in the middle of watching a football game. His wife, Karen, also a convert, is covered from head to toe in the traditional Muslim burka. Islam, says Eric, ‘is everything I wanted Christianity to be’.

His mother has found it hard to come to terms with her son’s conversion and believes he will return to the Christian faith: ‘Then he will be a dynamic preacher.’ Eric says: ‘Maybe some day she’ll embrace Islam.’
Women are also becoming followers of Muhamed.

Yasmine (previously Mindy) arranged a marriage for herself and has three children. Islam, she says is ‘the solution to a lot of the prevailing evils: drugs, adultery, fornication…’ Converts often see the religious laws more clearly than those who have been brought up as Muslims and Yasmine can spot a mistake at 20 paces. She believes that she has a unique opportunity to help people who are born into the religion get back to the fundamentals.

Catherine has been a Muslim for two weeks. She came from a privileged background – private school followed by a career in PR. Now the established Muslim women guide her through the purification rituals as she washes before prayer and removes her nail varnish.
David is the only white Muslim in his little town on Route 66.

He believes his new religion makes him a better American and, far from undermining liberties, gives the individual more rights.

He had an arranged marriage and his wife, who was born a Muslim, was shocked by the strictness with which he insists they live their lives.

His family – a white man with his wife and daughter dressed in their hijabs (headscarves) –are stared in the streets and supermarkets of their one-horse town.

There are 400,000 Muslims in Texas alone and Islam is the fastest growing religion in the USA. Since 9/11 there have been more converts to Islam than ever.

Eric believes that people are trying to understand Muslims and want to learn about their religion. Yasmine says: ‘America should not be afraid. If it would be better Muslims were the majority. If a child asks me: “Who made this leaf?” I say, “Allah. Allah made everything.”’

http://www.channel4.com/culture/micr...es/texas1.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou--p9G3SLM

ژاله
01-19-2008, 01:51 PM
try the following link to the book "islam denounces terrorism" by harun yahya
full text availabe
introductory sample:
God commands justice and doing good and giving to relatives. And He forbids indecency and doing wrong and tyranny. He warns you so that hopefully you will pay heed. (Qur'an, 16:90)
As Muslims, we strongly condemn the terrorist attacks on two major cities of the United States of America on September 11, 2001, which caused the death and injury of thousands of innocent people, and we offer our condolences to the American nation. These attacks propelled the important issue of the true source of terrorism to the top of the world agenda. Thus, it has been announced to the entire world that Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance that summons individuals to compassion and justice. Many world leaders, leading media organisations, television and radio stations said that true Islam forbids violence, and encourages peace between people and between nations. The Western circles that have come to a full grasp of the religion of Islam and are well-informed about Islam as commanded by God in the Qur'an noted clearly that the words "Islam" and "terror" cannot stand side by side, and that no divine religion permits violence.

This book maintains that the source of the terror that we condemn is definitely not from a divine religion, and that there is no room for terrorism in Islam. This is made clear in the Qur'an, the main source of Islam, and in the practices of all true Muslim rulers, the Prophet Muhammad being the foremost of them. This book reveals, in the light of the verses of the Qur'an and with examples from history, that Islam forbids terrorism and aims to bring peace and security to the world.

As is known, for centuries, various acts of terrorism have been carried out in different parts of the world by different groups for a variety of purposes. Sometimes a communist organisation, sometimes a fascist group, and sometimes radical and separatist factions assume responsibility for these acts. While countries like America often became the target of attacks by racist and marginal terrorist groups, the European countries have been centre stage for violent acts carried out by terrorist groups. 17 November in Greece, RAF (Red Army Faction) and Neo-Nazis in Germany, ETA in Spain, Red Brigades in Italy and many other organisations seek to make their voices heard through terror and violence by killing innocent and defenceless people. The nature of terrorism changes with changing world conditions and increases its impact and power with the new means made possible by developing technology. In particular, mass communication tools such as the Internet extend the scope and influence of the terrorist activities considerably.

If one is looking for the cause of an act of terrorism, one must look for its source in anti-religious ideologies. Religion enjoins love, compassion, forgiveness, peace and living according to high moral standards. Terrorism, on the other hand, is on the side of cruelty and violence, causing pain, bloodshed and committing murder.

Besides the Western organisations, there are also other terror organisations of Middle East origin. Terrorist attacks are carried out by these groups in all corners of the world. Sadly, the fact that the perpetrators of various terrorist acts carry Christian, Muslim or Jewish identities cause some people to put forward claims which do not concur with divine religions. The truth is that even if terrorists have Muslim identities, the terror they perpetrate cannot be labelled "Islamic terror", just as it could not be called "Jewish terror" if the perpetrators were Jews or "Christian terror" if they were Christians. That is because, as will be examined in the following pages, murdering innocent people in the name of a divine religion is unacceptable. We need to keep in mind that, among those who were killed in New York and Washington, there were people who loved the Prophet Jesus (Christians), the Prophet Moses (Jews) and the Prophet Muhammad (Muslims). Unless forgiven by God, murdering innocent people is a great sin that leads to torment in Hell. No one who is religious and fears God would do such a thing.

The aggressors can commit such violence only with the intention of attacking religion itself. It may well be that those who carried out this violence did so to present religion as evil in the eyes of people, to divorce people from religion and to generate hatred towards those who are religiously inclined. Consequently, every attack on American citizens or other innocent people having a religious facade is actually an attack made against religion.

Religion commands love, mercy and peace. Terror, on the other hand, is the opposite of religion; it is cruel, merciless and demands bloodshed and misery. This being the case, the origins of a terrorist act should be sought in disbelief rather than in religion. People with a fascist, communist, racist or materialist outlook on life should be suspected as potential perpetrators. The name or the identity of the triggerman is not important. If he can kill innocent people without blinking an eye, then he is a nonbeliever, not a believer. He is a murderer with no fear of God, whose main ambition is to shed blood and to cause harm. For this reason, "Islamic terror" is an erroneous concept which contradicts the message of Islam. The religion of Islam can by no means countenance terrorism. On the contrary, terror (i.e. murder of innocent people) in Islam is a great sin, and Muslims are responsible for preventing these acts and bringing peace and justice to the world.
click here for more: http://www.harunyahya.com/terrorism1.php
:w:

Muslim Woman
01-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
try the following link to the book "islam denounces terrorism" by harun yahya
http://www.harunyahya.com/terrorism1.php
:w:

here is the video link

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com/film.htm
http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com

Muslim Woman
01-19-2008, 04:18 PM
salaam/peace :)

.....they belive every muslim should be accountable for 9/11 .

lol...ask ur friends if they blame all Christians for what Hitler did :rolleyes:

u may tell them to hear Dr. Zakir Naik

Is terrorism a muslim monopoly???
www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-fNo8cDCt8

lecture :

Is terrorism a muslim monopoly???

Dr. Zakir Naik said that historic records proved that a large number of terrorist acts in the 20th and 21st century were committed by non-Muslims. The so-called global phenomenon of “Islamic terrorism/militant Islam” was a creation of the western governments and their media outlets, he said.
“Politics lies at the heart of labeling Muslims across the globe as perpetrators of terror acts,” he added.
Dr. Zakir, who is one of the Muslim world’s leading and most prolific speakers, quoted from the scriptures of other religions and proved that associating killing with Islam is incorrect.
“It says in the Book of Numbers that whoever worships other than God should be killed,” he said, referring to the Bible, yet such militant verses were conveniently ignored by the Western media.

In every religion there are black sheep and the media keep putting these people forward. This is a media conspiracy and a way of pushing people away from Islam.” he added.

On Islam, terrorists and terrorism

Dr. Zakir Naik said, “No religion encourages terrorist acts or violence. The word ‘Islam’ itself means ‘Peace, obtained by submitting yourself to the Almighty’. Anyone, be it Muslim or non-Muslim, who kills an innocent Muslim or a non-Muslim, kills the entire humanity. However, Islam goes a step further to say that if one saves innocent lives, the whole of humanity is saved. Injustice is the root cause of terrorism...”
He continued, “Palestinians are called terrorists just because they are fighting to get their land back.” By citing examples of LTTE (in Sri Lanka), IRA (in UK), Lord’s Salvation Army, which trains the young children to conduct terrorist attacks, and many other non-Muslim terrorist outfits he further said that, the lives claimed by these outfits are more than the ones by the Muslim terrorists.
Dr. Zakir said Naxalites/Maoists across India and the LTTE in Sri Lanka were non- Muslim terror organisations, which had had developed pan regional bases beyond national boundaries. Other such non-Muslim terror outfits included the United Liberation Front of Asom, National Democratic Front of Bodoland and All Tripura Tiger Force in the Northeast, Naik noted.

Drawing on international examples, Dr. Zakir said that the Japanese Red Army, Lord’s Salvation Army and the ETA in Spain were also non-Islamic in character and composition.

“So nothing is more removed from truth as to suggest that Muslims have monopolized terrorism,” said Dr. Naik.

He said the Irish Republican Army, which was considered to be terrorist group, has a history of 100 years of violence against the British, but the British government doesn’t seem to be scared about them as they are about radical Islamic groups.

Besides, he also mentioned, “Even a single killing by a Muslim is condemned by Islam, whatsoever the reasons.”
On the Media, Judiciary and Politicians

Dr. Zakir appreciated the Indian media for being unbiased and upright while reporting the communal riots. He further expressed that it is the plot of the Western media to destroy Muslims.

He also said that the media controlled by the political authorities is biased and does not portray the truth or reality. He stated, “Islam does not justify using wrong means to reach the right goals. People should not take the law in their hands.
“India has seen maximum number of communal riots in recent years. Politicians have been using the ‘Divide and Rule Policy’ to secure their vote banks. However, the masses should not get instigated by them. Terrorism is a monopoly of politicians.

People, regardless of their religion, wish to live harmonious lives, but politicians feed the feeling of hatred amongst them,” he opined while speaking about the role of politicians in the society today.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Or the crusades. Not all should be accountable :)

Ryane2222
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
i understand what you all are saying. but trying to get that stuff through those country heads of my friends is the problem they believe what they believe.

just wanted to say thank you all.

noorseeker
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
It make me laugh how still people think 1.2 billions muslims are terrorists, man thats a fifth of the world population.

Ryane2222
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
it makes me laugh too but some people out in the world do they think though. its life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.