/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strange marks on my head

PersianPrince
12-23-2007, 03:49 PM
:sl:

I have started praying regularly now. Inshallah I will keep up with all my prayers from now on.

I have noticed something unusual. On my forehead, right at the top just before my hairline, there are 12 small red marks (no bigger than 2mm in diameter). They are hardly noticable and can only be seen close up. They are arranged as 3 rows of 4 marks, making a total of 12. It looks really bizarre as the pattern appears very square.

My parents often talk of a grey mark, but this is not what I have. Does anyone have any idea what these are? There is no pain and the surface of my skin is not uneven.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
12-23-2007, 04:44 PM
=S. no clue.

Dude maybe you should go to the doctor? Guaranteed to get some answer there. :sunny:

crayon
12-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Well if they're red marks, then they're probably not the gray marks your parents talk about, right?

That's about as much insight as I have into this. If they don't hurt, I wouldn't worry. If you're really curious, just go to a doctor and see what he has to say about it.

Talib_Rayhan
12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Maybe, and I dont know weather this is the answer, but it could be....

Stress can bring out things such as spots/rashes and after reading your 'paranoia' thread Im thinkin maybe these marks could be caused by stress

Also, have you eaten anything that you dont normally eat? Or not eaten something that you normally eat? Sometimes diet can effect our skin

Hope it helps

Tal

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
12-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Chicken Pox!!!!!

See a doc, get well soon.

'Abd al-Baari
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM

I don't know if this is the case, but this ayah came into my head

048.029 Muhammad is the apostle of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration.
Surah Fath Last Ayah

Could it be from the fact that you are making Sajdah more often

Allahu A'lam

P.S i've just realised that the ayah could be interprated differently..in a more non-literal approach

PersianPrince
12-23-2007, 11:43 PM

Thanks a lot all for your responses. i've worked out what it could be. I wear one of those white hats while praying; the islamic hat. I think the way it has been woven results in marking my head when I go into Sajood. It seems to be the only explenation I have.

I don't have Chicken Pox :okay: The marks are far too small to be noticed.

-Elle-
12-24-2007, 12:09 AM
If you have sensitive skin(you might not even know you have sensitve skin,men don't really pay attention to that,)it could be an allergic reaction to the material used to make the little white hat you mentioned,or,if you pray on a praying mat,it could be an allergic reaction to that(well,to the material that is).

Lol,little patterns,it's odd,made me laugh though.

:w:

Yanal
12-24-2007, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Chicken Pox!!!!!

See a doc, get well soon.
:sl::sl:
Ok dude he wants advice not critizing no offense lol

i think if it itches and you touch it it can become rashes just check the doctor

You:Hi doc i need you to check my forehead
Doc: sure thing (he checks then)
Doc: OMG
YOU: you sure i don't have chicken pox
Doc: of course not whoever told you that has no knowledge

This Act was to meant to make you feel better stay calm and go to your doctor

PersianPrince
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
:smile:

Nice to know I am an entertainer too!

Yanal
12-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Cool i started many comedy contests check my name for threads and read my comedy scrips

Abdul-Raouf
12-24-2007, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince

Thanks a lot all for your responses. i've worked out what it could be. I wear one of those white hats while praying; the islamic hat. I think the way it has been woven results in marking my head when I go into Sajood. It seems to be the only explenation I have.

I don't have Chicken Pox :okay: The marks are far too small to be noticed.

Bro..make sure u dont put the hat much belo-covering your forehead ...Because ur forehead shouldnot be covered .. it should touch the praying mat/ground....in sajood...your forehead and nose shoud touch the ground/mat...without any intermediatory clothes...

Hope im correct :hmm:

crayon
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Yup, I'm pretty sure you are brother Abdul Raouf, because I know it's the same for women; our head scarf should not come between our forehead and the floor when we make sujood.

PersianPrince
12-24-2007, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf

Bro..make sure u dont put the hat much belo-covering your forehead ...Because ur forehead shouldnot be covered .. it should touch the praying mat/ground....in sajood...your forehead and nose shoud touch the ground/mat...without any intermediatory clothes...

Hope im correct :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Yup, I'm pretty sure you are brother Abdul Raouf, because I know it's the same for women; our head scarf should not come between our forehead and the floor when we make sujood.
Thanks a lot both. I think you're both right. I shall make sure I don't do that in the future... :sunny:

Im online early again. Here in the UK, we've closed office early because of tomorrow's holiday.

Pk_#2
12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
:sl::sl:
Ok dude he wants advice not critizing no offense lol

i think if it itches and you touch it it can become rashes just check the doctor

You:Hi doc i need you to check my forehead
Doc: sure thing (he checks then)
Doc: OMG
YOU: you sure i don't have chicken pox
Doc: of course not whoever told you that has no knowledge

This Act was to meant to make you feel better stay calm and go to your doctor
Yanaaaaaaal! I wasn't critisizing baby bro, Honest. *Can't you see the halo above my head*

Oh and Yanal, I am not a dude Lol

Bro 'prince' I hope I didn't cause any offence...da da da

You better?

Peace.

PersianPrince
12-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Yanaaaaaaal! I wasn't critisizing baby bro, Honest. *Can't you see the halo above my head*

Oh and Yanal, I am not a dude Lol

Bro 'prince' I hope I didn't cause any offence...da da da

You better?

Peace.

Hey, im alright. No probs! I'm not offended :smile: I'm cool.... Those marks have gone now anyway. It was related to the hat I was wearing while praying.

Pk_#2
12-25-2007, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince
Hey, im alright. No probs! I'm not offended :smile: I'm cool.... Those marks have gone now anyway. It was related to the hat I was wearing while praying.
I'm glad you are feeling better,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

PersianPrince
12-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm glad you are feeling better,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Thanks for your message. I wasn't actually feeling anything about the marks. I was just curious, but thanks anyway.:smile:

(I am reading about Jinns!)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.