/* */

PDA

View Full Version : going back to study

ummbilal
09-23-2005, 02:15 PM
salaam alakum bros and sisters,

inshaallah all are well and in good imman
i have a question, i am 28 and would love to go back to study more(i got to a level standard ) there is a college accross the road from me, the problem is whenever september comes around i plan to enrole, but my dh starts acting negative towards my plans, he doesnt say no dont go to college he just gives me the impression he'd rather i didnt go.

He is a kind and caring man and has suggested i study on the OU as i can do that from home, i thimk he fears i'd get unwanted attention from males at the college, but i'm pretty sure i'll be ok and would even consider wearing niqaab to college to put his mind at rest,

any views??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummbilal
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
could someone please advise me on this...

azim
09-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Salamu alaykum.

Sister could you please insha'Allah clear up who dh is?

Uthman
09-25-2005, 07:25 PM
:sl:

Yes sister, who is dh? :)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
09-25-2005, 07:26 PM

DH- dear husband :)

ummbilal
09-25-2005, 11:52 PM
soo thats why none answered ...doh!
i thought u lot were internet savvy?
mashallah
dear husband
dh
as amani said.

TEH
09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
LOL, deah husband, thats a good one...

Anyway, if your HD, (husband dearest) :p , doesnt want you to go, you shouldnt, because at the end of the day, taking care of him is much more important, am I being sexist? Nope, Im just speaking in terms of your Akhirah. And yeah, open university isnt that bad is it?? But if you can convince your husband to let you go, then apply for deferred entry, and away you go...

:)

SolaceinIslam
09-26-2005, 10:31 AM

I am all for the open university - classes bore me. Open university will allow you to study further without upsetting your husband :coolsis: - what more do you want?

:w:

Ameeratul Layl
09-26-2005, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
LOL, deah husband, thats a good one...

Anyway, if your HD, (husband dearest) :p , doesnt want you to go, you shouldnt, because at the end of the day, taking care of him is much more important, am I being sexist? Nope, Im just speaking in terms of your Akhirah. And yeah, open university isnt that bad is it?? But if you can convince your husband to let you go, then apply for deferred entry, and away you go...

Allah has clearly used the word Ilm (knowledge) in the Quran so many times. Allah clearly wants us to seek knowledge. Go out there ister and seek knowledge. Explain to ut dh that when you have little kiddies running all over the house....you will not have (much of a chance) to use the knowledge you have.

m3 salaam

TEH
09-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Yes, Ilm is very important, but, I think looking after your husband is important. And what is knowledge? It doesnt have to be a degree, it can be anything from reading a book, to learning the Quraan...

gladTidings
09-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes true brother, i agree. . .

what is it you want to study sister?

S_87
09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Allah has clearly used the word Ilm (knowledge) in the Quran so many times. Allah clearly wants us to seek knowledge. Go out there ister and seek knowledge. Explain to ut dh that when you have little kiddies running all over the house....you will not have (much of a chance) to use the knowledge you have.

m3 salaam

nah if her husband wants her to stay home she should respect his views :p

ummbilal
09-27-2005, 11:22 PM
salaam alakum everyone
jazakallah khair for your answers, after much thought and dua i realise my husband isnt being unreasonable, he didnt say no dont study he wouldnt be 100% happy if i did but I do have to respect his views as TEH said it is important to show him i respect him and he is the Amir of the house,

I home educate my children and make the curriculum myself which is hard work but would give me an outlet for my knowlage inshaallah,

i wanted to study a computer course to help my husband with his web design company inshaallah.

I study Quran with my son, we are learning together and thats really nice, we are on the basics i'm a revert so we're working through the 30th juz, mashallah hes much quicker than me.

inshaallah Allah will give me patience and help me to be a better wife and not question my husband so much. he isnt over baring or controlling just a little protective mashaallah!

TEH
09-27-2005, 11:31 PM
Thats a good thing Masha Allah...

I hope Allah makes it easier for you insha allah...

ummbilal
09-28-2005, 08:58 AM
inshaallah, jazakallah khair for your input

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.