/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Troll attack

glo
12-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I see there is a particularly nasty troll attack going on right now.

Thank you, mods, for dealing with this so swiftly!
It is really unpleasant to see to what extend some people will go ...
:(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
12-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Wow you thought of a good title....I couldnt think of one (I've made a thread to) they've all gone thank goodness...

Pk_#2
12-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Loooool @ Troll attack!

Aww Glo, cheer up, tis all gone inshaAllah (God willing)

glo
12-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Definition from wikipedia:
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting other users into an argumentative response
Advice: Never feed the troll! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
12-23-2007, 07:08 PM
LOL

Poor Woodrow! What a thing to deal with before your morning coffee!

You see, you should live in the UK ... then it would be early evening! :D

Pk_#2
12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
LOL

There was more than one moderator helping him, I guess they were on Invisible!

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Assalam o Allikum
if there are any mods about.. please keep watch ive noticed a few 'new' members join with quite 'odd' usernames...

'Abd al-Baari
12-23-2007, 09:15 PM
:sl:

Yh Uncle Woodrow has been told but he dosen't have the power to remove the names but they have been banned :)

Woodrow
12-23-2007, 09:16 PM

All of the input from you guys is great. These threads, the PMs and the use of the report report were of great help in removing this latest swarm of trolls. Us mods really do depend on you guys for helping keep this forum clean.

Jazakallahu Khairan to all of the caring members like you and you and you.

Woodrow
12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
LOL

There were a number of mods involved. I think I was the only one who was not signed in as invisible. Most of the real work was done by the other mods.

Muezzin
12-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Methinks the trolls aren't going to be on Santa's 'Nice' List this year.

al_islam
12-24-2007, 10:22 PM
wats a troll attack ?

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Assalam o Allikum
inshaAllah lets hope you never have to find out
- basically these ugly little trolls come onto the forum and make a disgrace of themselves... and the moderators have a lot of cleaning up to do... Yay for the moderators - they do an awesome job :)

al_islam
12-24-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Assalam o Allikum
inshaAllah lets hope you never have to find out
- basically these ugly little trolls come onto the forum and make a disgrace of themselves... and the moderators have a lot of cleaning up to do... Yay for the moderators - they do an awesome job :)
WS,

I see

You dont have to say salaam, to every post of mine you respond to..

Yay for moderators indeed !!!

Hows Co. Durham ??

Fishman
12-24-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
wats a troll attack ?
A troll is somebody who posts on an internet forum just to annoy other people and see their reaction. If somebody went on say, hornbytrainfans.com, and posted something like ''hahaha all u trainspotting freeks r gay! Rofl lollolololol!11111111111'' they would be a troll. Likewise, if somebody went here and said ''All u stoopid mooselems do iz blo people up u terrists!!!!!!!11111111111'', they would be a troll. The best response to trolls is to not respond to what they say and just report them to the mods, who will permanently ban them.

Trolls are either n00bs who don't have the brains to do anything else, or pro gaming internet nerds who think that since they pwn people so much they have every right to do it. One guy I know claims to have destroyed the Google forums, but I think that might be an exaggeration...
:w:

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Assalam o Allikum
i put the welcome in all my posts.. i just dont feel polite if i dont...
and County Durham is well freezin lol how about the south where you are?

al_islam
12-24-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Assalam o Allikum
i put the welcome in all my posts.. i just dont feel polite if i dont...
and County Durham is well freezin lol how about the south where you are?
WS,

OK I see....Ill just keep replying I spose, lol.

Well its kind of cold here.....but all the santa's are out today !!!

My frined goes to Durham Uni, man he loves it ... dont know why ! (no offence to northeners)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!