/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help on starting to pray

Yanal
12-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Asalam alaykum i have left praying and haven't started again i always want to but something stops me what can i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
12-24-2007, 12:31 AM
:w: One of the things Allaah Subhana Wa Ta'ala loves the most is when his servants pray on time, and prayer is one of the things that differentiates us Muslims (who submit to the will of Allaah) between kafiirs is prayer. Think of the Day of Judgement, prayer is no joke bro it's fardh! You have to do it! And how else will you have a connection with your rubb?

I know it's hard to get back into the groove of praying again, but first perfect your wudhu and then perfect your actual salaah this will help you in doing prayer and maybe even encourage you. Also try to have as much khushoo (concentration) in prayer as possible, think of Allaah always. What displeases Allaah, should displease you and vice versa. Be glad you're even alive, Allaah is Ever-merciful and Oft-forgiving, and prayer only takes what 3-5 mins a day. The most rakats you have to do, in your fardh prayers, are 4..JUST 4! Look at how merciful Allaah Ta'ala is to his servants subhan Allaah.

How will you answer to Allaah when your body parts testify against you on Yomul Qiyamah and say to Allaah that you never used them to bend down in prayer? When Yomul Qiyamah comes, those who loved this world and did no dhikr, prayer, or anything that makes them a Muslim..or even minor sins, will beg Allaah Ta'ala to put them back on Earth so that they can be righteous servants to Allah. But you have the chance to change now, do it akhi. You will feel at one with yourself, and at peace..alhamdulilah it's such a wonderful feeling only one can feel on their own. Subhan Allaah that should scare you enough to do fardh prayer, let alone sunnah. Ponder on that.

Once you perfect your fardh, inshaa Allaah you can start doing your sunnah prayers and gain some extra hasanat. Inshaa Allaah, I'm going to start doing that.

:sl:

muslim1
12-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Is it sins crippling you? If so, try to stop it, then you will feel you are freed off your handcuffs. :peace:

Ali.
12-24-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:w: One of the things Allaah Subhana Wa Ta'ala loves the most is when his servants pray on time, and prayer is one of the things that differentiates us Muslims (who submit to the will of Allaah) between kafiirs is prayer. Think of the Day of Judgement, prayer is no joke bro it's fardh! You have to do it! And how else will you have a connection with your rubb?

I know it's hard to get back into the groove of praying again, but first perfect your wudhu and then perfect your actual salaah this will help you in doing prayer and maybe even encourage you. Also try to have as much khushoo (concentration) in prayer as possible, think of Allaah always. What displeases Allaah, should displease you and vice versa. Be glad you're even alive, Allaah is Ever-merciful and Oft-forgiving, and prayer only takes what 3-5 mins a day. The most rakats you have to do, in your fardh prayers, are 4..JUST 4! Look at how merciful Allaah Ta'ala is to his servants subhan Allaah.

How will you answer to Allaah when your body parts testify against you on Yomul Qiyamah and say to Allaah that you never used them to bend down in prayer? When Yomul Qiyamah comes, those who loved this world and did no dhikr, prayer, or anything that makes them a Muslim..or even minor sins, will beg Allaah Ta'ala to put them back on Earth so that they can be righteous servants to Allah. But you have the chance to change now, do it akhi. You will feel at one with yourself, and at peace..alhamdulilah it's such a wonderful feeling only one can feel on their own. Subhan Allaah that should scare you enough to do fardh prayer, let alone sunnah. Ponder on that.

Once you perfect your fardh, inshaa Allaah you can start doing your sunnah prayers and gain some extra hasanat. Inshaa Allaah, I'm going to start doing that.

I think she said it all really.
But may I ask, what type of things are stopping you? Name a few.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al_islam
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Pray In jamah....much easier to.

Yanal
12-30-2007, 02:24 AM
:sl: al_Islam

Yes indeed when i go pray jumah i feel it becoming easier to pray and all of you jazakallah khayr for your advice:w:

adeeb
12-30-2007, 02:33 AM
you have to be afraid of Allah, and afraid that your last day in this world is today... and your death is coming soon...imsadimsad

at the other thread, there is a reminder for us with sakaratul maut... maybe u can try...

and prayer is fard, if u dont do prayer while u dont know the obligation to do it, u have to do taubatan nasuha... but if u know that prayer is fard and u leave it... i'm afraid u re in the gate of kafir...

taubat now or never!! :okay:

asif1984
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
try to change ur company...spend a few dayz with thoes who offer their prayers...

Yanal
01-03-2008, 02:53 AM
Asalam alakum
Yes mashallah i am able to pray now i am praying for now two whole days Mash Allah without no problem

ikaj
01-03-2008, 02:59 AM
try setting an alarm on your cell for morning prayer. then once you've prayed reset it for juhur etc and make yourself do it right away. i find that if i say ill do it 5 min later, 5 min becomes 10 min, 15 etc. and i end up not doing it. so when the alarm goes off don't think just do the prayer.

snakelegs
01-03-2008, 03:16 AM
:thumbs_up
it should get easier, as you get in to the habit.

Ummu Sufyaan
01-03-2008, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alakum
Yes mashallah i am able to pray now i am praying for now two whole days Mash Allah without no problem
woohoo! yay!! keep it up :D

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
:thumbs_up
it should get easier, as you get in to the habit.
true said. just be consistent bro.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.