/* */

PDA

View Full Version : JUSS A QUESTION...or a few

truemuslim
12-24-2007, 05:01 AM
:sl:
I just had a few questions for non-muslims and converts...

1. FOR THE NON-MUSLIMS... What made you want to come to an Islamic Forum? Were you ACTUALLY searching for an islamic forum, or did you just come along one and it seemed interesting? Also, why do you still come back to it and post threads and replies? Thanks
2. FOR THE CONVERTS... How did you begin learning about Islam? What made you grow to like it and convert?
3. EVERYONE... ARE YOU REALLY DRAWN TO ISLAM??? OR ARE YOU JUST CALLED A MUSLIM???

sorry if all three are just like completely different questions... i was just verry curious... thanks!!!!

:w:

and besides lets not forget im "juxo- whatever"

that guy got a big vocab..i cant remember who it was tho...hmm...:hmm:

nope i aint forgetting...:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
12-24-2007, 05:38 AM
hi
i've been interested in islam since '98. like so many other things, the more you learn, the more interesting it gets. so yeah, i was looking for an islamic forum, but one that also had an urdu section because i'm trying to teach myself urdu.
i keep coming back here (it's the only forum i'm active on) because i learn here (and not just about islam!) and i like some of the people and others are...well, interesting.

Talib_Rayhan
12-24-2007, 05:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
2. FOR THE CONVERTS... How did you begin learning about Islam? What made you grow to like it and convert?
I knew what Islam was, but I didnt really beleive in god, I was more into spiritual stuff, like ghosts, although I knew there was a creator.
I think the turning point, although I didnt know it, was September 11th 2001, That was my 16th birthday and I remember thinking, If WW3 kicks off, It wont be the British government I fight for. But as for actually reverting... When asked I always answer, "I dont know, It was Divine Intervention", I dont actually know when I became Muslim, I think it must have been something that slowly crept up on me without my noticing, Then I told my friend I was Muslim and he told me, "Technically your not", Then I took my Shahada.

3. EVERYONE... ARE YOU REALLY DRAWN TO ISLAM??? OR ARE YOU JUST CALLED A MUSLIM???
Sometimes I wish I wasnt so drawn to Islam, I didnt want to be a Muslim or a religous man of any kind. Some people say humans have 7 things constantly on thier mind, if thats true, number 1 is Allah(swt) and number 2 is Islam... Every thought I have seems to lead back to Islam or what would Allah(swt) want me to do/what should I do to please Allah(swt)

:w:

Hijaabi22
12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
^^ hey bro R U A revert???? MashaAllah!!

3. EVERYONE... ARE YOU REALLY DRAWN TO ISLAM??? OR ARE YOU JUST CALLED A MUSLIM??? :.........................................

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Assalam o Allikum
i believe you allready made a thread regarding the question to converts.. so i shall just qoute from the post i made there
( http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...-converts.html )

Allhumdulilah,
i am now aged 26 and began to follow the teachings of islam around february 2005, i also had many muslim friends on the internet and i started by asking them questions..
throughout my childhood and early adult years its had been filled with trauma and after 5 years of therapy i felt like something was 'missing' in my life, the more i learned of islam the more i began to love and appiciate life, from may 2005 i stopped eating pork and began following the teachings and started to apply them in my life... It was the cleanliness of living, of soul and mind that attracted me the most... tho it was hard for me as no one in my town ( approx pop 12000 ) was a muslim nor were there any mosques, befor my marriage in pakistan ( approx may2007 ) i was 'officially' declared a muslim by affidavit, all though i had allready began following islam and my heart belonged to islam,
islam masha'Allah has truely been a saviour to me and inshaAllah i learn something new everyday and try my best to apply all the teachings in everything i do.
SubhaanAllah, drawn with love and admiration, being called just a muslim isnt really a true muslim is it? a true follower should be keen to learn and further their education of islam.. not just follow a trend to be called something. i think i read somewhere on this site that every muslim should research and further their knowledge of islam... not sure where tho..

Talib_Rayhan
12-24-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
^^ hey bro R U A revert???? MashaAllah!!

If Im well informed, A convert is someone who came to a religion from another religion, and a revert is someone who had no religion before coming to a religion... So if thats right, Yep, Im a revert :)

Hijaabi22
12-24-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talib_Rayhan

If Im well informed, A convert is someone who came to a religion from another religion, and a revert is someone who had no religion before coming to a religion... So if thats right, Yep, Im a revert :)
MashaAllah

:)

snakelegs
12-24-2007, 10:01 PM

since muslims believe that islam is the original religion and all people are born muslim, any convert to islam is called a revert, whether they came from another religion or not, because they are regarded as reverting to the natural state.
at least that's my understanding of the term.

al_islam
12-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Drawn to Islam, since the dawn of my days.

truemuslim
12-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Talib_Rayhan... why don't u wish u werent drawn to allah?

wierd..

and yes, anyone who converts to islam is a CONVERT no matter what cuz they are born muslim like snakelegs said...

btw snakelegs i am glad u like islam... :)

MustafaMc
12-25-2007, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
since muslims believe that islam is the original religion and all people are born muslim, any convert to islam is called a revert, whether they came from another religion or not, because they are regarded as reverting to the natural state.
at least that's my understanding of the term.
This and other posts, demonstrate that you are a most knowledgeable person. I, too, am glad that you come here to learn. May Allah guide you to the Straight Way to Paradise and Final Victory!

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 03:47 AM
Talib_Rayhan... why don't u wish u werent drawn to allah?
I said sometimes :) And I Sometimes wish I wasnt drawn to Allah because things were alot easier before I found Islam, As I said, I didnt go looking for it... I had a girlfriend, lots of friends, i socialized alot more, I had alot more money than I do now (because my way of earning was haram and ive stopped), also now alot of my family have turned thier back on me... Basically, turning Muslim stripped me of most of my life and life became very empty as far as the physical day to day goes... I guess you could say I was living blissfully ignorant, but if i had a choice to wake up tommorro and forget all about Islam and Allah(swt), I'd still choose to wake up and offer Salat, so Im grateful for the change in my life, its just not been an easy one...

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 04:29 AM
I said sometimes :) And I Sometimes wish I wasnt drawn to Allah because things were alot easier before I found Islam, As I said, I didnt go looking for it... I had a girlfriend, lots of friends, i socialized alot more, I had alot more money than I do now (because my way of earning was haram and ive stopped), also now alot of my family have turned thier back on me... Basically, turning Muslim stripped me of most of my life and life became very empty as far as the physical day to day goes... I guess you could say I was living blissfully ignorant, but if i had a choice to wake up tommorro and forget all about Islam and Allah(swt), I'd still choose to wake up and offer Salat, so Im grateful for the change in my life, its just not been an easy one...

oh ok...well...i hope u dont start...u know...floating slowly...and slowly away frum islam....

btw the more patient u are the more allah will love u...keep it up bro,!:D:w:

ranma1/2
12-26-2007, 04:34 AM
I just had a few questions for non-muslims and converts...

1. FOR THE NON-MUSLIMS... What made you want to come to an Islamic Forum? Were you ACTUALLY searching for an islamic forum, or did you just come along one and it seemed interesting? Also, why do you still come back to it and post threads and replies? Thanks
....:D
1. well i enjoy talking about religion , philosphy and science.
2. and you?
3. and you?

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
1. well i enjoy talking about religion , philosphy and science.
2. and you?
3. and you?

oh ok...

1. i am a muslim
2. im not a convert...
3. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:w:

MustafaMc
12-26-2007, 12:44 PM
1. FOR THE NON-MUSLIMS...
Not applicable.
I had a Muslim room mate in college and I read portions of his Qur'an over Christmas break - 26 years ago. I saw that what the Qur'an had to say about Jesus, Mary and other Biblical people made more sense to me than that in the Bible.
Islam is my deen - way of life. I believe in a Creator and I believe that Islam is the true religion that shows how we should live our lives, worship Him and attain Paradise.

MartyrX
12-26-2007, 08:28 PM
I've been interested in Islam since about 1995 or so. I started learning about Islam from the movie Malcolm X then asked my church group about it in confirmation. I of course was pointed in the wrong direction and at the time didn't have the resources to find information that I needed. The last few years I've given it some thought, and only recently have I been seriously thinking about it. I still want to go to the Mosque and talk to someone when I take my shadah.

I found this forum browsing through google, and it looked like a good place to gain some knowledge and much needed guidance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.