/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What kind of sports/activities you guys do?

H@fiz Aziz
12-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Just wondering what kind or sports/activities people do.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
qassy!
12-25-2007, 02:29 AM
Salam Bruv

Very good thread!!

I play cricket on a weekly basis,

and I go gym 3 days a week for the treadmill aka running machine

Freinds try to make me play football but I hate it!

NYCmuslim
12-25-2007, 02:30 AM
I play basketball and lift weights. What about you bro?

qassy!
12-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Slam Bruv NYC

How old are you? I want to do weights but my fitness instructor said i should wait till im 19 im 17 atm!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H@fiz Aziz
12-25-2007, 02:50 AM
im 6"2 so i can do weights im straight with my height. But till 18 u keep on getting taller.

qassy!
12-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Yeah I have to wait!!!

crayon
12-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I used to do a bunch of sports.
I was on the basketball, volleyball, badminton, and track teams at school. We had either practice or a game every single day the entire school year. But then we moved, and my school here has no gym, no sports, nothing. Bleh.

I play squash every now and then.
I just finished coaching a little league basketball team, we won 4/6 games. The season's over for this year though, so that's done.

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 10:14 AM
:sl:

I voted soccer, although I nearly put football being an englishman, I played for Bolton Wanderers youth team once but other haram teenage stuff got in the way of that back then... I gave my weight bench to my cousin when I moved to Holland, Guess I should join the gym after Ive spent my spare time learning the art of prayer

Nájlá
12-25-2007, 10:16 AM
i do all kind of sports but i dont do cricket,rugby and weights i hate them kind of sports. but i do like football even though i am a girl and my friends tried to make me hate it but i cant i just like it.

Ali.
12-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I do Basketball, Soccer/Football, Running and lift weights. At the moment I have injured knees though; long term injury, so I can't play any sports at the moment until they heal...

format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Slam Bruv NYC

I want to do weights but my fitness instructor said i should wait till im 19 im 17 atm!
Why? I'm under 17 and I lift small weights (4kg, about 20 pulls on each arm, few times a day) just to gradually strengthen up my muscles. Your fitness instructor probably says for you to do it at 19 so you don't injure yourself. 19 is too old in my opinion anyway, in school they say start at 14 and gradually build your way up. In the gym they say 16..oh well :)

al_islam
12-25-2007, 12:51 PM
whats the diff between football and soccer ?

Ali.
12-25-2007, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
whats the diff between football and soccer ?
That's in America - in America they call our Football (UK) Soccer. They're definition of Football is American Football.

al_islam
12-25-2007, 12:55 PM
man i play loads more as well: badminton, squash, swimming....

H4RUN
12-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Aslamualaikum

Interesting thread.
I would love to say i go horse riding, and play polo on a regular basis :p

Bro qassy! if you can wait, then so be it, but if you've got reasonable height then go for it, just try to minimise the amount of over head weight lifting, oh and rumour has it, heavy squating doesn't help your height. Good luck on waiting another year or even two before you can start! i certainly could't wait that long.:)

If you're worried about getting injured early on in your life dont be, always warm up, just loosen up the muscles, pec deck is pretty good for this, and gradually increase the weight AFTER you've got the CORRECT technique. Before you know it, you'll be banging out them weights like there's no tomorrow:D
Good luck
Aslamualaikum

qassy!
12-25-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HelloImAli
I do Basketball, Soccer/Football, Running and lift weights. At the moment I have injured knees though; long term injury, so I can't play any sports at the moment until they heal...

Why? I'm under 17 and I lift small weights (4kg, about 20 pulls on each arm, few times a day) just to gradually strengthen up my muscles. Your fitness instructor probably says for you to do it at 19 so you don't injure yourself. 19 is too old in my opinion anyway, in school they say start at 14 and gradually build your way up. In the gym they say 16..oh well :)

lol true say, sorry I ment 18

He said until your 18 your growing and doing weights will affect u so just wait

only a few more months :)

H4RUN
12-25-2007, 03:57 PM
^It depends what kind of training you want to get into. To bulk up you'll have to push yourself to lift more and more, that's the only way you'll bulk along with decent nutrition, but if you were to just go for muscle endurance and stick to lighter weights for more repetitions i dont think it will affect your growth...

qassy!
12-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I dont eat decent lol I get shouted @ by my trainer, I eat dixy, etc etc

But I work it off :)

Ali.
12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
lol true say, sorry I ment 18

He said until your 18 your growing and doing weights will affect u so just wait

only a few more months :)
Ohh right I see… I think it’ll affect your height only if you life heavy weights, on those weights where you use two hands to lift and your on your back…don’t know the name sorry :confused:

Few more months; not too long, hang in there! :D

format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
^It depends what kind of training you want to get into. To bulk up you'll have to push yourself to lift more and more, that's the only way you'll bulk along with decent nutrition, but if you were to just go for muscle endurance and stick to lighter weights for more repetitions i dont think it will affect your growth...
Yeah I think your right.

chacha_jalebi
12-25-2007, 04:49 PM
i voted for them all by accident:D

whats lacrose? and running, joggin a sport lol

did you know apparently hunting is a sport? lol and so is wrestling... whatever thats just a excuse for them un sociable people to be normal and say we play a sport :mmokay:

for me . . .

football or as the germans say fussball

cricket is like part of my life :embarrass

so yah these main sports and bit of boxing and archery:p lol naa

qassy!
12-25-2007, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i voted for them all by accident:D

cricket is like part of my life :embarrass
Yeah bruv same

What are you batsman / bowler?

H4RUN
12-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah bruv same

What are you batsman / bowler?
He's batsman, bowler, keeper, slips and the rest of the fielders oh and the umpires and spectators....nobody plays with him you see....

c'mon chacha i know you're gonna reply to this, make it a good one:D

qassy!
12-25-2007, 05:00 PM
He's batsman, bowler, keeper, slips and the rest of the fielders on and the umpires and spectators....nobody plays with him you see....

bruv u gimme jokes man
LOLOLOL

Ali.
12-25-2007, 05:02 PM
He's batsman, bowler, keeper, slips and the rest of the fielders oh and the umpires and spectators....nobody plays with him you see....

ROFL that made me laugh in real life! ;D

chacha_jalebi
12-25-2007, 05:19 PM

:mmokay:

ok lol:embarrass i play by myself with a real bat and ball, but harun bats and bowls in his imagination so you see him in the park, running into bowl, then quickly running to the other side and takin his guard and makin a bat with his hands and swingin, then runnin and diving and pretendin to field :D so he has a wild imagination and another example of this wild imagination is that he replaces A with 4, hence H4RUN :D

Ali.
12-25-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
:mmokay:

ok lol:embarrass i play by myself with a real bat and ball, but harun bats and bowls in his imagination so you see him in the park, running into bowl, then quickly running to the other side and takin his guard and makin a bat with his hands and swingin, then runnin and diving and pretendin to field :D so he has a wild imagination and another example of this wild imagination is that he replaces A with 4, hence H4RUN :D
ROFL! That made me laugh in real life aswell! :D;D

H@fiz Aziz
01-03-2008, 01:51 AM
so basketball is the highest so far

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Lift weights. i haven't played basketball since i moved

genki
01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
I lift weights and know a ton about training, diets, supps, enhancement compounds ;), training regiments and more.

And age doesnt have that much to do with it!
Too young is not a good idea. But when in your teens its best to train and start bulking why? Because your testosterone is way above and best time to start bulking and lifting as you get older it eases. 16-17 is ideal to start training and bulking.

If anybody wants to discuss lifting or training or needs help PM me and id be glad to offer it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.