/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best Approach to Learning How to Read and Write Chinese?

omar_2133
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Assalmu-Alaikum,

For those people who know how to specifically read and write Chinese, is there an effective method to master all 3,000 to 4,000 of the main Chinese characters ina relatively short period of time?

The nearest Chinese tutor classes are a long way away from where I live, and anyway, these focus largely on speaking Mandarin. My only resource is this Chinese animation website, which displays an animated action of writing each character, stroke by stroke:

http://writeinchinese.com/

I'm hoping first to master the characters and their meanings, before I move on to the words, but with thousands of characters which require learning, I'm not sure this will be the most time effective thing to do.

Wa Salaam,

Omar_2133

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
malayloveislam
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I suggest you to learn the words first using Hanyu Pinyin or Romanized Chinese. Once you grab the words you can start with the characters as it is tedious to learn it using characters at the beginning, you may ask me about Chinese and I will try to help you. I have the experience learning it with myself and with my mingling time with chinese in my country. May Allah grant you the skill in Chinese, Amin!

Selising
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar_2133
Assalmu-Alaikum,

For those people who know how to specifically read and write Chinese, is there an effective method to master all 3,000 to 4,000 of the main Chinese characters ina relatively short period of time?

The nearest Chinese tutor classes are a long way away from where I live, and anyway, these focus largely on speaking Mandarin. My only resource is this Chinese animation website, which displays an animated action of writing each character, stroke by stroke:

http://writeinchinese.com/

I'm hoping first to master the characters and their meanings, before I move on to the words, but with thousands of characters which require learning, I'm not sure this will be the most time effective thing to do.

Wa Salaam,

Omar_2133

Ni yao xue Huayu ma?

Hmm....

Wo ye bu mingbai Huayu. Wo ye yao xue Huayu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.