/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Working without a work permit in a foreign country

Sohrab
12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
:sl: folks!

I've been wondering about these questions for sometime.

Is it permissible in islam to work in a foreign (non muslim) country without a work permit?

If not, would the money he'd make out of that work will be Haram?

Similarly, if someone is under full time contract with an organization, but have free hours in the evening, can he work privately to earn additional money in those free hours, despite prohibition by that organization? What would be the status of that money, Haram or halal?

Your help would be appreciated, inshAllah

Jazakumullah Khair

:w:

P.S. i wasn't sure where exactly in the forum should i post it. Mod's can re-position this thread if they feel it's in the wrong section. adios

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sohrab
12-25-2007, 06:33 AM
It'd be great if some fatwa/ruling can be posted with an authentic source.

wilberhum
12-25-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sohrab
:sl: folks!

I've been wondering about these questions for sometime.

Is it permissible in islam to work in a foreign (non muslim) country without a work permit?

If not, would the money he'd make out of that work will be Haram?

Similarly, if someone is under full time contract with an organization, but have free hours in the evening, can he work privately to earn additional money in those free hours, despite prohibition by that organization? What would be the status of that money, Haram or halal?

Your help would be appreciated, inshAllah

Jazakumullah Khair

P.S. i wasn't sure where exactly in the forum should i post it. Mod's can re-position this thread if they feel it's in the wrong section. adios
Why would you think Islam would permit breaking valid and reasonable laws of a country?
Why would you think you are not bound by the laws of the country you are living in?

Sohrab
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Why would you think Islam would permit breaking valid and reasonable laws of a country?
Why would you think you are not bound by the laws of the country you are living in?
Fair enough...i know it sounds awful but you'd be amazed how many muslims consider the money earned this way to be lawful :eek:... these questions need clear answers don't you think?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
12-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Fair enough...i know it sounds awful but you'd be amazed how many muslims consider the money earned this way to be lawful :eek:... these questions need clear answers don't you think?
yes.

The Ruler
12-26-2007, 08:38 PM
:sl:

So long as the rules and regulations don't go against Islam, you are obliged by Islam to follow your ameer. In this case, the country, it's government, the rules set out by it. Also, the organisation you work under.

wilberhum
12-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm amazed at many things that many Muslims consider OK. :skeleton:

If you answer my questions, I think the answer to your question is obvious.

But I noticed that you didn't respond to the questions. :?

Isambard
12-27-2007, 03:11 AM
You would also be stealing from the country in the form of benefiting from public goods w/o giving anything back.

syilla
12-27-2007, 03:19 AM
owh...don't kill his thread. have pity on him. He is trying his best to get an opinion / answer from a scholar.

So can we just wait.

adeeb
12-27-2007, 07:17 AM
calm down people... we are student and we are waiting for answer...

i'm waiting some fatwas from scholar about the problem...

wilberhum
12-27-2007, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb
calm down people... we are student and we are waiting for answer...

i'm waiting some fatwas from scholar about the problem...
If you need a scholar to figure out right from wrong, you have a problem. :hiding:

Sohrab
12-28-2007, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
:sl:

So long as the rules and regulations don't go against Islam, you are obliged by Islam to follow your ameer. In this case, the country, it's government, the rules set out by it. Also, the organisation you work under.

Very true. But if i'm breaking that law of country/organization (which certainly isn't against islam) and earning money...i'm getting "haram" money? i mean as haram as, say, "riba" (interest/usury)?:?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.