/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Qiblah

Talib_Rayhan
12-24-2007, 09:07 PM
Salaams

I dont have a compass and there is no sunlight obviously because its nighttime...

Id like to ask, If I can identify the North Star, can I use this as a reference point to work out Qiblah?

Its not the most urgent question but I really would like an answer before Fajr so that I dont pray in the wrong direction...

Peace and Blessings

Talib :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Assalam o Allikum
i have never used a compass..
i simply downloaded the Azan ( http://islamicfinder.com/ ) software to get the bearings of the direction i need to pray in my home knowing which way was north/south etc ( i first figured this out by observing dawn and dusk ( sun rises in east and sets in west and then basically looking at a map of towns north and south of me ) not sure about the star thing... but just thought id share how i found my direction of Qiblah .. im sure there are plenty more people with better knowledge than myself to guide you inshaAllah.

EDIT - i also use this software for my prayer times and calling of Azan...

Talib_Rayhan
12-27-2007, 06:55 AM
:s:

I was at masjid in the west end of glasgow last night, The Imam there told me that sattelite dishes (for sky tv) point towards mekkah, and all the ones I can see from my living room window do, just thought Id share that info. He did say its not the best way to find Qiblah but 9 times out of 10 its accurate

adeeb
12-27-2007, 07:07 AM
if u feel really hard to find qiblah, you can pray to any direction that u believe as a qiblah.. until you find the right one...

i think, today is a lot easier than couple years age to find qiblah... we can use internet or nearest mosque or islamic center to find the right direction of qiblah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.