/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in The Illuminati?

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 08:36 AM
:sl:

Just one question, 3 answers to choose from:)

Do you believe in the existance of The Illuminati?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
12-25-2007, 11:47 PM

As in the Illuminati, like in Dan Browns Angels & Demons?

If so then No. Its kind of hard to believe in all that isn't it?

czgibson
12-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Greetings,

The word 'Illuminati' refers to several different real and fictitious groups. The Bavarian Illuminati of the 18th century undoubtedly existed, but the more modern conspiracy style applications of the name are fiction. See Robert Anton Wilson's (fictional) book 'The Illuminatus Trilogy' for a hilarious rendition of most of the existing conspiracy theories about all sorts of incidents, all related to the Illuminati.

Check out this wikipedia article for the lowdown on what is meant by the term 'Illuminati'.

Peace

Talib_Rayhan
12-25-2007, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>
Its kind of hard to believe in all that isn't it?
Salaam Bro

I havent read Angels and Demons, As for believing in 'all that', it depends wether you have researched the topic and from what sources you got your information. I think if you were to begin to scratch the surface of 'What is and who are The Illuminati' it would be hard not to believe in thier existance. Ive been in some situations in real life that proved thier existance to me and when I look throughout history at things such as The Knights Templars, Freemasons, The Commitee of 300, The Bilderburg Group, The Bank of England and many others, I see alot of proof. But Im not actually trying to get anyone to believe or disbelieve, Im just trying to find out how many people are aware of them and how many people believe they are real or just a myth sparked off by conspiracists.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
12-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Most of my info on Illuminati is from the book so you can't really call it research i suppose as it is probably exaggerated to some point, maybe i will read up on it Insha'Allah :)..just to find out what and who they really are

I doubt that it would change my opinion though..

crayon
12-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to answer "who?!"...

Fishman
12-26-2007, 02:15 PM
No. Neither do I believe in alien abductions, black helicopters or that tin foil hats do anything except make you look wierd.
:w:

snakelegs
12-26-2007, 08:08 PM
i voted no. i have not researched the subject at all, but every one i've heard who talks about their existence has some screws missing.

czgibson
12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i voted no. i have not researched the subject at all, but every one i've heard who talks about their existence has some screws missing.
The Bavarian Illuminati of the 18th century existed - there is absolutely no doubt about that. See the wikipedia article on them that I posted earlier.

Peace

The Ruler
12-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
However, in modern times it refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy power behind the throne, allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO).
If that's true, why is Illuminati fighting with itself? Government fighting government?

snakelegs
12-26-2007, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

The Bavarian Illuminati of the 18th century existed - there is absolutely no doubt about that. See the wikipedia article on them that I posted earlier.

Peace
oh, ok. that's what i meant when i said i haven't done the research.
still, when most people speak of the illuminati, i don't think they are referring to the historical bavarian illuminati, so i agree with myself and my "no" vote.
thanks, tho - i learned something. :statisfie

H4RUN
12-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Are these meant to be the 'new world order' geeezers? Or was that the masons, or are they both connected in a strange fashion, much like pakistanis, they all seem to call each other cousin!
Down here we've even got our african brothers to call us cousin :D

Peace!

czgibson
12-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
oh, ok. that's what i meant when i said i haven't done the research.
still, when most people speak of the illuminati, i don't think they are referring to the historical bavarian illuminati, so i agree with myself and my "no" vote.
thanks, tho - i learned something. :statisfie
And you're absolutely right. The "conspiracy" Illuminati is a myth.

Are these meant to be the 'new world order' geeezers? Or was that the masons, or are they both connected in a strange fashion, much like pakistanis, they all seem to call each other cousin!
Down here we've even got our african brothers to call us cousin
There are many different conspiracy renditions of what the Illuminati are about. Generally speaking, the great majority of what you will read about the Templars, Masons, Bilderbergers and Illuminati etc. will be false. However, the Illuminati were an actual historical group, and conspiracy writers have taken it upon themselves to attribute lots of world events to them.

To put it simply: they existed, but lots of what they are said to have done is untrue.

Once again, people: read the wikipedia link I posted above.

Peace

MaiCarInMtl
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
No. Neither do I believe in alien abductions, black helicopters or that tin foil hats do anything except make you look wierd.
Bwahahaha! The tin foil hat squad is one thing that I never understood. I think abductions are a bit far fetched but I have never heard of black helicopters. What do they do? Are they driven by the "MIB"?

But since you brought up aliens, does the Qur'an mention anything about aliens (aka life-forms somewhere else other than on earth)?

I think Illuminatis existed at some point and time (and some probably still exist to this day), but as to what they did or the power they had/still have, well that's all debatable.

Fishman
12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
Bwahahaha! The tin foil hat squad is one thing that I never understood. I think abductions are a bit far fetched but I have never heard of black helicopters. What do they do? Are they driven by the "MIB"?

But since you brought up aliens, does the Qur'an mention anything about aliens (aka life-forms somewhere else other than on earth)?

I think Illuminatis existed at some point and time (and some probably still exist to this day), but as to what they did or the power they had/still have, well that's all debatable.
I don't know who drives the black helicopters. Supposedly it is the CIA or the MIB or some other secret or highly dubious government organisation.

Some people would say there are aliens mentioned in the Quran. Others would say the passages referreing to them are actually referring to Jinns, ie. devils/demons.

I do think the historical Illuminati existed, but the conspiracy ones are just nonsense. Like what people say about Masons. People make all sorts of claims that they work for zionists and want to rebuild the Jewish Temple, or that they want to rule the world, when they are actually little more than a strange social club.

Uthman
12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I quite liked their logo thingy that read the same upside down.

czgibson
12-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
It's a famous example of an ambigram, and it was designed by John Langdon. You can see more examples of his work on his website.

Peace

------
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
:salamext:

Init lol.

Uthman
12-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
It's a famous example of an ambigram, and it was designed by John Langdon. You can see more examples of his work on his website.
Thanks, I had a look. Very interesting stuff. Ingenious!

Regards

Mansa musa
01-03-2008, 03:00 AM
I had my doubts until i looked up bohemian grove. there's a video of one of there rituals on youtube. it is real but the stuff about the freemasons are mostly lies

Jayda
01-03-2008, 03:53 AM
i believe in God... i don't think the illuminati exist. people attribute supernatural significance to 'secret organizations' controlling the course of humanity. it is sheer nonsense... humans are not capable of such things, God controls the course of humanity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.