/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arab Superiority

syed saboor
12-25-2007, 09:08 PM
As a Muslim of South Asian ancestry, I find it extremely troublesome that many Arabs feel they are superior to other people. Don't get me wrong, I practice Islam to the fullest. I don't drink, I don't smoke, but I feel that most of you Arabs see yourselves as a superior race in regards to everybody else.
This presents many problems, which I have encountered all my life as a Muslim. Aren't we all Muslims? Isn't Islam for everybody, Arab and non-Arab?
I hope many of you Arabs can expand on this topic more, because I would certainly like your feedback, because I sense most of you Arabs have a supriority complex about yourselves. When I was in the Middle East, I was appaled at the way Gulf Arabs treat Indian, Pakastani, and Bangladeshi people in comparison with people from America and Europe. Its about time Muslims, particularly Arabs, speak out against this discrimination against fellow Muslims.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
12-25-2007, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed saboor
As a Muslim of South Asian ancestry, I find it extremely troublesome that many Arabs feel they are superior to other people. Don't get me wrong, I practice Islam to the fullest. I don't drink, I don't smoke, but I feel that most of you Arabs see yourselves as a superior race in regards to everybody else.
This presents many problems, which I have encountered all my life as a Muslim. Aren't we all Muslims? Isn't Islam for everybody, Arab and non-Arab?
I hope many of you Arabs can expand on this topic more, because I would certainly like your feedback, because I sense most of you Arabs have a supriority complex about yourselves. When I was in the Middle East, I was appaled at the way Gulf Arabs treat Indian, Pakastani, and Bangladeshi people in comparison with people from America and Europe. Its about time Muslims, particularly Arabs, speak out against this discrimination against fellow Muslims.
It may difficult to get a genuine view from how Arabs actually feel. We have very few Arab members. but, I will say that our Arab members are very gracious and helpful. I have not seen that air of superiority you mention, among them.

جوري
12-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I am Arabic, I feel no superiority over any Muslim no matter what background, level of education, age of gender. I feel one with all Muslims.. and more often humbled by all the reverts who don't even speak Arabic, yet seem to have encompassed more knowledge of Islam, than I have amassed even after living in such countries as Saudi Arabia...

Islam has come to sever superiority complexes.. anything you have encountered by Arabs, I apologize for, but can't control how other people behave, east or west..

:w:

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I should add I have lived in and visited several Arabic nations. As a non-Arabic, non-Muslim and I have never found more warmth and hospitality than what i found among Arabs. It is my desire to return to those Arabic countries, if for no other reason, than to just feel the warmth and love of Arabs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed saboor
12-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Are you sure about that. I found nothing but contempt and insults from Arabs all my life and I am sick of it, which is why I avoid Arabs, in general, because I find them to be annoying people. I get along better Jews and Hindus, then I do with Arabs. In fact, I never wish to visit another Arab country again.

youngsister
12-25-2007, 09:45 PM
:sl:
Its sad not everyone is the same of course you get the good and the bad.:muddlehea my uncle suffered a lot of racism when he was living in Saudi and I heard an afgan brother complaining about this as well, sad.imsad:w:

syed saboor
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Also, I would like to know the nationality of the last person who said they were non-Muslim. I also wanted to add, Arabs are not warm people. Actually, I will say one thing, I found more warmth among Iranians then I have found among Arabs. Arabs suffer from many maladies, one of those is ignorance. Not in terms of the way they live life, because I am very religious person, but in terms not being able to treat people right, which is why I do not visit any mosques that are predominately Arab. Sometimes I think, whatever bad is happening to Arabs is their own fault.

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Interesting. I am saddened that your experiences with Arabs have been negative. But, do not let the actions of some form your opinion for all. Like I said we do not have many Arab members, but we do have a number of members that have visited Arab countries, perhaps some of them will see this thread and add their input.

Intisar
12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
:w: This is just like when people call all Muslims ''terrorists'' akhi. The actions of a few do not account for the actions of many. There are racists everywhere, and the majority of the Arabs that I have come across are very humble and open mashaa Allaah. So, I don't think it's right of you to make a judgement like that. Re-think what you've just said akhi, Allaah is watching.

جوري
12-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Are you sure about that. I found nothing but contempt and insults from Arabs all my life and I am sick of it, which is why I avoid Arabs, in general, because I find them to be annoying people. I get along better Jews and Hindus, then I do with Arabs. In fact, I never wish to visit another Arab country again.
Maybe you have a point and the million Arabs you encountered were all ********? Maybe you need to step back and reassess the situation and figure out the role you played in bringing out contempt and insults if it were purely a one way stream or a give and take situation?

I find that if it is your preference to get along better with Jews and Hindus to actually stick with what works for you. After all friendship and compassion isn't something you can force. And you should yield to your own comfort level.

I have answered my part as a Muslim and an Arab, but can't force on you something that you feel very differently about..
I wish you the best in all your relationships insha'Allah

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Also, I would like to know the nationality of the last person who said they were non-Muslim. I also wanted to add, Arabs are not warm people. Actually, I will say one thing, I found more warmth among Iranians then I have found among Arabs. Arabs suffer from many maladies, one of those is ignorance. Not in terms of the way they live life, because I am very religious person, but in terms not being able to treat people right, which is why I do not visit any mosques that are predominately Arab. Sometimes I think, whatever bad is happening to Arabs is their own fault.
I believe you are referring to me> I was non-Muslim when I visited and lived in those countries. I guess since I was born in the US I am considered American although I lived much of my life out of the US.

snakelegs
12-25-2007, 10:02 PM
"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim, and that Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to your selves."
from the prophet's last sermon

Intisar
12-25-2007, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude

From what I've heard from actual Arab people, people from India/Pakistan are indeed looked down upon by Arabs. I've been told that there can be a sense of superiority.

I don't personally believe that such an ignorant mindset is true for all Arabs, but I won't discount that it probably is true for a certain percentage.

Then again, we do have ignorants in all races...
:sl: Apparently those with darker skin tones are looked down upon and are called 'Abid's (slaves). Allahu 'Alim though.

Brother syed, I honestly see no difference between the Arabs you complain of and yourself. You complain of them being racist towards you, and yet you're doing the same thing..lumping them all together when you surely know that the actions of a few do not account for all. Think of that. Allaah is All-seeing.

syed saboor
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, its very interesting because you have a point. Many Iranians and Turks tend to look down on Arabs as inferior, especially during the days of Reza Shah Pahlavi, who emphasised Iran's Aryan non-Arab character.

snakelegs
12-25-2007, 10:27 PM
everybody must look down on somebody! it's probably part of how we define ourselves - in relation to Other.

syed saboor
12-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I think the best thing to do for all of us is to remain apart from each other. I have pretty much seperated myself from American society, because I find Americans as annoying as Arabs. In fact, I can't stand both. Why don't we all do what the Honorable Minister Farrakhan advocates and just remain apart. We would be alot better off. Many times when I search websites making racist comment about Arabs I just simply don't care, because you get what you get.

wilberhum
12-25-2007, 10:32 PM
The concept of superiority is the easiest sell ever conceived.
There are millions waiting in line to buy it.
It is not uncommon to find people within any describable group who conceder there group superior.
The one thing that you seldom see is people claiming to belong to an inferior group.

جوري
12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
everybody must look down on somebody! it's probably part of how we define ourselves - in relation to Other.
lol.. what a horrible way to live, but you have a point.. it is as if the contrast, opposition and dissimilarity is how we define ourselves as better and it is unfortunate indeed... instead of stiving to be a 'better me' or a 'better we', we look for something that we conceive as less than the ideal we hold ourselves to in other individuals and mock it.

It takes alot of discipline to be a true Muslim and a constant struggle indeed!

I have always felt that you can't change people but you can be the change you want to see in other people and hope it is infectious :smile:

Woodrow
12-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I just remembered in my travels I saw very much anti-Arab prejudice. In the non-Arabic mid-east the Arabs are very much looked down upon and treated quite badly. Perhaps what you have experienced was the result of those people having been mistreated by non-Arabs and what you saw as an air of superiority was a defense rather than an attack,

snakelegs
12-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I think the best thing to do for all of us is to remain apart from each other. I have pretty much seperated myself from American society, because I find Americans as annoying as Arabs. In fact, I can't stand both. Why don't we all do what the Honorable Minister Farrakhan advocates and just remain apart. We would be alot better off. Many times when I search websites making racist comment about Arabs I just simply don't care, because you get what you get.
you don't think minister farrakhan is a muslim, do you? i don't think islam teaches any kind of separateness.

syed saboor
12-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Whatever you may say about Louis Farrakhan, I think he is great man, who is deserving of all of our respect. He has the courage to the Zionist establishment who run this country what they can do. Also, he has been to the Middle East and has had the courage to condemn the racism the Arabs there engage in against Black people, for example, the Sudanese. Islam does not teach seperation, but I am all for it and so is Farrakhan.

Woodrow
12-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Whatever you may say about Louis Farrakhan, I think he is great man, who is deserving of all of our respect. He has the courage to the Zionist establishment who run this country what they can do. Also, he has been to the Middle East and has had the courage to condemn the racism the Arabs there engage in against Black people, for example, the Sudanese. Islam does not teach seperation, but I am all for it and so is Farrakhan.
true that is part of the teaching of NOI. However, NOI is not Islam.

Perhaps the problem was not that the Arabs you met were racist it may be they tried to point out that NOI is not Islam and does not follow the teachings of Muhammad(PBUH) Perhaps what you see is Muslims being opposed to NOI not Arab superiority complexes.

also be aware that less than 15% of the world's Muslim are Arabic. But, you will see much of the same conflicts between NOI and Islam among all Muslims, no matter what race.

snakelegs
12-26-2007, 12:47 AM
yes, farrakhan is a separatist and NOI is a separatist movement. (not saying NOI has not been beneficial in many ways).
islam is not separatist.
there is a big difference between the 2.

The_Prince
12-26-2007, 12:57 AM
lol, Islam doesnt teach seperation, yet you and that jahil racist call for it? hahaha says it all seriously, i mean what ignorance and rebelian towards god is that?

you do know when you OPENLY and willingly admit to directly opposing gods law that makes you an apostate right? i hope u know this, before u start spouting im making takfir on u bla bla bla i suggest u go learn Islam basics and see what top scholars have said about this and ull see for urself.

God says he made communities to learn from each other and as a benefit, so ur better than god now with that jahil FARKHan to say otherwise?????????????????????????? lollll oh man and u wanna come talking how bad racism is and all because we shud be good Muslims and follow Islam? really, one word sums u up, HYPOCRITE JAHIL..............

The_Prince
12-26-2007, 01:02 AM
perhaps the racism u suffered was infact god's way of humiliating u for ur major sins, you do know god will humiliate and make very bad Muslims feel bad...you fit the description of that Muslim whom Allah will show his wrath upon...you just openly stated your up for something not ordained by God and DIRECTLY CONTRADICTARY with Allah's laws, therefore the racism you suffered is most likely God's way of humiliating you, as you said, you get what you get.

openly calling for laws that contradict the Quran and then to say yessssssssss im for it is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worst than racism.....

Malaikah
12-26-2007, 01:10 AM

I hope you realise that right now you are being racist against Arabs yourself?

The_Prince
12-26-2007, 01:17 AM
i think this sayyid guy is the same user as some other person who got a minus 20 reputation within his first 10 posts, he happened to be spewing anti-arab threads on how racist they were. infact, i 100% believe its the same person....................

syed saboor
12-26-2007, 01:29 AM
First you can me anti-Arab all you want. One thing I have learnt all my life in America is stay from white trash, which most Americans are. Secondly, I have also learnt never to be screwed again. In the end, we all need are own living space. Every race, every religion, every culture needs to be with their own. The major goal of the Jewish New World Order is to homogenize the world and erase national identity. I want to preserve my national identity and at the same time I want everybody else to preserve their national identity as
well.

جوري
12-26-2007, 02:05 AM
There is NO Nationalism in Islam.. yours is a solo journey!

cheers!

snakelegs
12-26-2007, 02:29 AM
syed, do you know why malcolm x left NOI?

adeeb
12-26-2007, 02:33 AM
The prophet has said there is no superiority among arab to non-arab.

but, if u an arab, it's normal to feel that you are better than the other, coz the best man on earth (Muhammad) was an arab. the feeling that we are better is normal. but to show it to other people, that's bad idea...

north_malaysian
12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
That is an interesting thing. Actually, what most Arabs don't tell you is that in their language they have many interesting and derogatory things to say about non-Arabs, just ask them the next time you see them riding their camels.
We Malaysians also have millions of derogatory things to say about non-Malaysians.... and every single ethnic group on earth has those derogatory words against other ethnic groups too.... because there are racists among every single ethnic group....

Al-Zaara
12-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Oh come on. This thread made me laugh.

Don't be a kid, you'll find racism everywhere! Even in your own head!

With that said, there has been some very good points given to you and I hope you really try to understand them.

How to deal with racism should have been your question.

Selam aleykum and Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.