/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Maradona and the Mullahs

Showkat
12-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Maradona and the Mullahs
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/foot...icleid=3619774

DIEGO Maradona is stepping up his campaign against the world's superpower with the news he wants to meet with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Maradona, an outspoken critic of George Bush, gave a signed shirt to an Iranian diplomat after a match in Buenos Aires on Saturday. The 47-year-old is an admirer of Cuban leader Fidel Castro and left-wing Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez "I've already met Fidel and Chavez, now I need to meet your president Ahmadinejad. I'm there with the people of Iran, really with all my heart," said Maradona.

Comment:

With all the negative media against Islam and Iran, non-Muslims can be forgiven for hating Islam and supporting American policies against Iran. Also Maradonna is to be commended for wanting to research and find out the Iranian viewpoint is and he is an example of millions of people looking for an alternative to Capitalism.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
guyabano
12-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Maradonna was a great soccer player. Now he's fat and drug addicted. So, all in all, he's a nobody. Wanting to see the iranian President is just a pityful action to get back in the headlines.

Cognescenti
12-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Poor Diego is also a bit muddle-headed. There is only one ideological theme that unites Castro and Chavez on one side with Ahmedinajad on the other...and that is enmity towards the US....and that is only superficial. Chavez allegedly sees Bush as "el Diablo" and he may blame him personally for supporting his opposition in Venezuela. I don't even think Castro really ever hated the US, it was just that it was convenient to blame all of Cuba's economic problems on the US embargo.

I don't even think Ahmedinajad hates the US..we are just his geopolitical opponent. There is nothing in the Iranian theocracy that could be described as Left-wing. Diego's embrace of the Iranian theocracy makes no sense. I think the poor chap took too many headers.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Iran is not a theocracy. It has elections which have a higher turnout then many western states. It has the highest number of educated and employed women then anywhere in the middle east. Iran has representation for minorities in government eg jews in parliament. If the Iranian president loses and election, he must step down. That is not called a theocracy, it's probably more of a conservative democracy as opposed to a liberal secular democracy!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cognescenti
12-30-2007, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Mukhtar
Iran is not a theocracy. It has elections which have a higher turnout then many western states. It has the highest number of educated and employed women then anywhere in the middle east. Iran has representation for minorities in government eg jews in parliament. If the Iranian president loses and election, he must step down. That is not called a theocracy, it's probably more of a conservative democracy as opposed to a liberal secular democracy!
We are talking about the Iran that is between Iraq and Afghanistan aren't we?

We both know everything of substance goes through the mullahs...come on admit it. The Revolutionary Guards are virtually autonomous from the President.

As for Jews in parliament, let's just say they wont have veto power over Iranian missiles raining down on Tel Aviv.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
That is why a said it is a conservative democracy. There are elections and it is somewhat possible for the refromist party to take seats. But it is not a democracy in the form of Britain or America. Saudi Arabia would probably fit the description of a monarchical theocracy. As for missilies raining down tel aviv, if that happened Missilis would be raining down Tehran, so what goes around comes around!

ricardo_sousa
12-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Iran is a theocracy.

You can see that the elections ara just "smoke" to the peoples eyes. The religious leaders are the ones who really control the country.

Cognescenti
12-30-2007, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa
Iran is a theocracy.

You can see that the elections ara just "smoke" to the peoples eyes. The religious leaders are the ones who really control the country.
Thanks Ricardo. Very interesting diagram. I had never seen it explained so well.

Omar_Mukhtar
12-30-2007, 04:03 PM
you can also that big businesses, zionist and green eyed aliens control the interests of government. But Iran still fits into the loose definition of democracy.Is Iran secular? no! Is she liberal? no!

ricardo_sousa
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM
the problem is that besides being a theocracy, Iran is also ruled by the "big bussiness" and, not zionist, but "another thing" elite... don´t forget that the revolucionary guard control the major Iranian companies....

Chuck
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Thanks Ricardo. Very interesting diagram. I had never seen it explained so well.
That was hilarious.

Anyway, Iran has elections and president is voted, it is another thing most people choose religious parites. People in Iraq also choose religious parties.

Cognescenti
12-30-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Mukhtar
you can also that big businesses, zionist and green eyed aliens control the interests of government. But Iran still fits into the loose definition of democracy.Is Iran secular? no! Is she liberal? no!
That is no democracy. The "Guardian Council" vets the Presidential and Parliamentary candidates and the Army and the "Judiciary" serve at the whim of the "Supreme Leader". The President is sort of a glorified Super-Mayor in charge of street cleaning and is the public face of diplomacy. :D

Any government that contains a position titled "Supreme Leader" is very unlikely to be a true democracy on the face of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!