/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why Malcolm X was assassinated?

sonz
09-23-2005, 07:48 PM
salams

why Malcolm X was assassinated?

is it becuz he knew that islam was the right religion that removes race consciousness? is it becuz that he knew and believed that islam doesnt look at ones race but at ones heart???

what r ur opions

masalama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
09-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Well it aint as muddled up as some may think it is. Malcolm X (a.k.a. El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz), was the front man for the "Nation of Islam" (NOI) in the 60's. The leader was a bloke called Mohammed Elijah and Malcolm became the face of the group as he would be the head speaker and the man in the media. However Mohammed Elijah claimed he was "Gods prophet" and was a serial adulterer (dirty ‘ol man!) and Malcolm didn't like this. He went on Hajj and visited other Muslim nations and saw true Islam and Muslims in all colours. This experience led him to cut away from the NOI and become a proper Muslim. Not only this, but started to form a bond with the other civil rights group (notably the Dr King). Anywho Elijah had him murdered by NOI members because of personal hatred.
Well I knew studying Civil Rights for A level would come in handy one day :p

ABWAN
09-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Just to add to it..Malcolm X was actually removed from NOI even before he left for African and Arab countries.

Mr. Zeidan
09-24-2005, 06:32 AM
I think it's very unfortunate what happened to him. I wonder what he may have accomplished had he lived out his natural life.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sonz
09-24-2005, 11:24 AM
salam

by the way when malcom x died he died as a good muslim right??? like with no sects idea such as nation of islam right???

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
:sl:

He died as a true muslim. He was assassinated becasue he spoke against the NOI and started to preach the True Islam in America. He said :

"I am and always will be a Muslim. My religion is Islam."

"I am not a racist in any form whatsoever. I don't believe in any form of discrimination or segregation. I believe in Islam. I am a Muslim and there is nothing wrong with being a Muslim, nothing wrong with the religion of Islam. It just teaches us to believe in Allah as the God. Those of you who are Christian probably believe in the same God, because I think you believe in the God Who created the universe. That's the One we believe in, the One Who created universe--the only difference being you call Him God and we call Him Allah. The Jews call Him Jehovah. If you could understand Hebrew, you would probably call Him Jehovah too. If you could understand Arabic, you would probably call Him Allah...."
Also:

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/int_almus.htm

http://www.malcolm-x.org/docs/let_mecca.htm

During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept in the same bed (or on the same rug)--while praying to the same God--with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the actions in the deeds of the 'white' Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan, and Ghana.

We were truly all the same (brothers)--because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude.

I could see from this, that perhaps if white Americans could accept the Oneness of God, then perhaps, too, they could accept in reality the Oneness of Man--and cease to measure, and hinder, and harm others in terms of their 'differences' in color.
Very very good man Mashallah. Read his autobiography, it is awesome.

:w:

sadia
09-24-2005, 02:37 PM
yea his bio is a must read!!!! its really moving.

minaz
09-24-2005, 09:07 PM
yes the film is great (Denzel works his magic as usual). It's split in 3 for me, his bad early life, his NOI life, and his true Muslim life which was savagly taken away from him.

*muslimah*
09-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Yep, the autobiography is ace!!

ummbilal
09-25-2005, 11:33 PM
my opinion is Allahu Alam

Allah knows best why he was killed.

did anyone ever stand trial for it?

azim
10-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Inshallah he died Shaheed. He was preaching true Islam when he died, infact I think it was before a speech/lecture he was about to give, and since he only died because he was a muslim, I'm sure he qualifies as shaheed but Allah knows best.

afzalaung
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
a shaheed..inshaAllah..
and the assassin..what happened to him?
i cant remember the bio quite well..;P

Samee
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
:sl:

Mashallah. May Allah grant him Jannah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.