/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is marriage pre-destined

Shaila
12-26-2007, 06:47 AM

Salam all,

im not sure if this question is in the right forum so please forgive me if not. Im under the impression that 3 things are written for a person
their birth
their death
and the person they marry
ive been searching and i cant sem to come across the quote for the last one, what I wanted to know is that is it written who you will marry??
As if it is then you dont need to worry about all the stress most people have about finding the one as that person will come to you when its written ant the time is right??
shaila
thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
12-26-2007, 06:54 AM
:sl:

Sister EVERYTHING we do is pre-destined.

And yes you still have to worry because it is YOU making that choice. No man is going to approach you and say that I am the man Allah choose for you- if he does he is lying because he has no knowledge of that. In reality it is still up to you to choose which man you want, the only catch is that Allah already knows who you will choose.

Hope that helps! :)

Shaila
12-26-2007, 07:00 AM
oh no im still confused some people say it is destined, so how else do you choose from something you dont want?
where is the choice?

Malaikah
12-26-2007, 07:04 AM

Pre-destined does not mean we are forced to do something sister. It means that Allah already knows that we are going to do it! But the choice is ours!

Trust me, unless your parents or someone else forces you to marry someone, you can say yes or no to who ever you want. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shaila
12-26-2007, 07:06 AM
I guess um stryggling with some variations considering fate, free will choice actions and intentions.

Of cours Allah gives you the choice in how to think feel and act, but there are certain mile stone events in your life that are written else no one would get married or find some one suitable how come people look for years and then just one day it happens

Its not a choice you make that today that person you will find as its not even there to begin with,
shaila

Shaila
12-26-2007, 07:08 AM
In that case where does the circumstances come about from, ie people find the right person soulmate etc...it has to be written to happen?

Malaikah
12-26-2007, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shaila
In that case where does the circumstances come about from, ie people find the right person soulmate etc...it has to be written to happen?
Yes, there are things that happen that are out of our control, these are things that Allah arranges. So while we have choice about who we want to marry, we can't control when we will meet that person or how long it will be before we get married or whether we can get married at all- this is determined by Allah.

Shaila
12-26-2007, 07:16 AM
thanks sis,
i really struggle some times to understand all the different verses, qoutes hear say,
but bottom line is it is pre-destined who you will marry regardless of the when how what or why - ie
shaila

Hussain
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Best thing to do is have patient and make dua. Everything has already been written for us but like Malaikah said we have the choice take it. Just for the time bieng just take everyday as your last because we dont no when we are going to die. Best thing to do shaila is just make dua and have faith in Allah.

00:00
12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Yes, your whole life is pre-destined.

Woodrow
12-15-2008, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
Yes, your whole life is pre-destined.
I believe it is more like pre-known rather than pre-destined.

Very difficult concept for us to comprehend. Allaah(swt) has preplanned all and knows all that will happen. But, we have free choice and the choices we make are ours and of our own free will. Predestination eliminates free-will so it is not that our lives are predestined.

Paradoxical issue that I am not certain as the best way to explain.

maryam87
12-15-2008, 05:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

No man is going to approach you and say that I am the man Allah choose for you-
now u have disappointed me, i thought that what happens LOL :D

Ummu Sufyaan
12-15-2008, 08:44 AM
^lol..hope your're not serious :-[ :p

id be worried if some dude came up to me and said that :skeleton:

crayon
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah

id be worried if some dude came up to me and said that :skeleton:
Haha, even if he's absolutely perfect??:statisfie

MO783
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
:sl: Everybody,

Please make dua for me as I am looking for marraige

imsad

Jazakallah

Salam

~Taalibah~
12-15-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks sis,
i really struggle some times to understand all the different verses, qoutes hear say,
but bottom line is it is pre-destined who you will marry regardless of the when how what or why - ie
shaila

It could be a person is destined not to marry at all. And it could be he/she is.
What is pre-destined is not something we have to make a choice about. Whatever choice we make is what we have been destined to, the choice being within us. So if we have to do something/something happens to us, it is pre-destied, whether it be good or bad, it is something that will happen regardless.
Trust Allah Ta'aala and make Dua unto Him to grant you what is best for you. Name your wisehs and ask Him to grant u them unless it be not good for you.
Hope that helps ypou to understand...

Ummu Sufyaan
12-16-2008, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
lol yeah, cos it shows a complete lack of character on his behalf :hiding: :D
and just the fact he approached me and said that, shows imperfection :p

maryam87
12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
:skeleton:
off course im serious!! what other way could it possibly happen :D:D

kk im just laughing really hard now:bump1:

Muslima_Rima
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MO783
:sl: Everybody,

Please make dua for me as I am looking for marraige

imsad

Jazakallah

Salam
Of course...my dua is always with yu (Inshallah)...:D:D

Hav faith in Allah (swt) 'marriage is decided in heaven and celebrated in Earth'....

suffiyan007
12-18-2008, 05:20 PM
marriage somehow is destined or pre-destined...the the man or woman in our life...even i going to be 30 another few years....whether got a woman enter my life or not...is she looking for Mr.Nice Guy or Mr. hAndsome...?

Zahida
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
:sl:Sorry Crayon to disappoint you............. there is no such thing as perfect................ but if you do find one i would say you have one in a million..................:):w:
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon

yasin ibn Ahmad
12-18-2008, 11:37 PM
I guess um stryggling with some variations considering fate, free will choice actions and intentions.

Of cours Allah gives you the choice in how to think feel and act, but there are certain mile stone events in your life that are written else no one would get married or find some one suitable how come people look for years and then just one day it happens

Its not a choice you make that today that person you will find as its not even there to begin with,
shaila
I strongly advise you read this article on the link.You will have your answers to your questions about fate, free will and so on.Give it a go.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.