/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tiger kills San Francisco Zoo patron, injures two others

Al-Zaara
12-26-2007, 04:17 PM
"We don't know how it was able to get out," said Robert Jenkins, director of animal care at the zoo. "The tiger should not have been able to jump (out). This is the first thing we will be investigating."
Read here!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Assalam o Allikum
i seen this on the news about an hour ago... Really tragic...
Tho i dont think you can lay the blame on the tiger.. natural instinct n that....
thanx for sharing

Ali.
12-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow..Just WOW.

I don't know what to say - it KILLED a man? And a year before it was chewing one guys arm?!

Man, it must've really hated the zoo keepers - maybe they didn't feed it enough or treat it well? I'm against zoos anyway, imagine being trapped in a cage or a limited amount of space for the rest of your life? It's torture! Almost even imprisonment in a way! They weren't made to be trapped all their lives - but to be free and roam the lands where it was born in search of food, or to hunt for itself, or simply for fun!

My heart truly goes out to trapped animals, A.K.A zoo animals... :(

al_islam
12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
The same lion atacked someones arm before.....they just reinforced the cages.

They should have it put down now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
^^ agreed.. this is a non-reformable creature and frankly it never belonged in a zoo to begin with..
personally, I feel that animals don't belong in zoos but in the wild they are not here to amuse us.. but to partake in the circle of life...
I enjoy aquariums and zoos as much as the next guy, but feel really sad for those wasted creatures laying there to atrophy in very unnatural habitat.. how would we like it if we got caged for other 'creatures'' amusement?

MartyrX
12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
I feel sorry for the animals the most. Its the animals natural behavior to do these things to a point.

Muezzin
12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
^^ agreed.. this is a non-reformable creature and frankly it never belonged in a zoo to begin with..
personally, I feel that animals don't belong in zoos but in the wild they are not here to amuse us.. but to partake in the circle of life...
I enjoy aquariums and zoos as much as the next guy, but feel really sad for those wasted creatures laying there to atrophy in very unnatural habitat.. how would we like it if we got caged for other 'creatures'' amusement?
The worst thing is it's not even that amusing to see the big cats at the zoo - I'm sure most members remember a wasted trip to the zoo only to see lions and tigers laying around looking miserable. So not only are they taken out of their natural habitat and kept in captivity, they're not even that entertaining for the legions of five-year old visitors. Talk about a lose-lose situation.

But man, that's a very nasty news story.

Ninth_Scribe
12-27-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
They should have it put down now.
Why? Tatiana was a female and she did exactly what she was supposed to do: Protect her territory. These are not domestic animals, nor could they ever be domesticated, hence the great amount of security. Maybe humans should learn to respect the dignity of the other creatures in this world?

The Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
12-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Wild animals just aren't adapted to domestic pursuits. I remember when a circus tiger attacked its "owner" on the stage in Vegas. People were asking whether it was a good idea to keep wild animals in captivity. I would say this reinforces the answer, no it is not a good idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.