/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Early morning pictures

glo
12-26-2007, 09:37 PM
My son and I went for an early morning walk to watch the sunrise.
Here are some pictures to share. I hope you like them.
(Thank you to Woodrow for lending me some space on his Photobucket account!)

This is our local river:

This is the same river from a different perspective. It is running quite high at the moment:

I love this 'purple tree':

The next two pictures show how quickly the light changed in a matter of 10-15 minutes:

This one is my favourite. My son took it whilst leaning precariously over the railings of the old Grand Union Canal aquaduct :scared::

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al_islam
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Beautiful !!

Ive never ever been awake this early to ever see this side of the world !!!

Note to self, must try harder to wake up in the morning.

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:44 PM
wow your mornings are soooo dark....how do u wake up that early...?....wow... i wake up in the afternoon...when its BRITE

glo
12-26-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
Beautiful !!

Ive never ever been awake this early to ever see this side of the world !!!

Note to self, must try harder to wake up in the morning.
Peace, al_islam

I see you live in London.
This time of year the sun doesn't rise until 8-ish ... so you don't have to get up very early to see it rise!

In six months time it will be a different matter! :D

I would have thought that Muslims have every opportunity to see the sun rise, given that they wake up for Fajr before sunrise ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Assalam o Allikum
Wow! Masha'Allah.. lovely pics! the purple colours are so pretty, very well taken also!

snakelegs
thank you!
yes the purple tree is beautiful - i have never seen the sky that colour. maybe it is because you are so far north?
dawn and sunset go pretty fast in southern california.

al_islam
Yes pray and then more sleep till very late.....afternoon somtimes.

Im not a morning person.

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Peace, al_islam

I see you live in London.
This time of year the sun doesn't rise until 8-ish ... so you don't have to get up very early to see it rise!

In six months time it will be a different matter! :D

I would have thought that Muslims have every opportunity to see the sun rise, given that they wake up for Fajr before sunrise ...

8 is considered....not early...?...wow...its so wierd knowing how many people are already awake at that time...when i wake up at 8 i just say..hmm i still got a lot of time to sleep...lol...:w:

glo
12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
My son and I are both morning people.
We left my daughter and my husband snoozing in their beds though ... :)

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
^^ lol... how is it actually possible for some people to ACTAULLY wake up early...PLUS go outside early....so amazing...do u sleep early too? if not...than thats amazinger..(thats not a word is it...)

al_islam
12-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Well in my defence, I used to go for morning jogs....seems like age is catching up to me.

Guten Tag.
Auf Wiedersehen.

~Taalibah~
Beautiful pictures glo! The river is looks lovely,Masha'Allah.
Will contribute asap.

glo
Do you have children, truemuslim?

Motherhood teaches you to get up early and to do without much sleep! :D

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:55 PM

NOWAY.......im 14....now kids....

the horror....of waking up early...

its verry beautifull.....but on a skoolday...u just fall asleep on ur laptop...literally...:w:

truemuslim
12-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Well in my defence, I used to go for morning jogs....seems like age is catching up to me.

Guten Tag.
Auf Wiedersehen.
OMG MORNING JOGS>......MORNING JOGS>.........*getting sleepy*...

morning jogs.......

in the MORNING>.....plus ....JOGS....MORNING>......did i even read this right?\

btw i have no idea what u said at the end...i only kno english....arabic...and lil spanish... what language is that?

glo
12-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Right then, before I log off, here's the challenge:

I want to see some pictures tomorrow, taken by you at the crack of dawn!! Come on, you sleepy-heads ... you can do it! :D

Between Fajr and going back to bed, just take a picture of the view from your window!!
Remember to go to bed early though. For those of you in the UK, that means NOW! :uhwhat

Peace :thumbs_up

~Taalibah~
12-26-2007, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim

morning jogs.......

btw i have no idea what u said at the end...i only kno english....arabic...and lil spanish... what language is that?
Lol, very healthy to jog in the morning!

glo
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM
its verry beautifull.....but on a skoolday...u just fall asleep on ur laptop...literally...:w:
It's not a schoolday tomorrow ... :D

al Amaanah
12-26-2007, 10:06 PM
masha Allah beautiful

al_islam
12-26-2007, 10:07 PM

morning jogs.......

Its German,

Yes i did go for jogs.

I used to be an active little lad...but Uni has changed me.

SSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHH

Amadeus85
12-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Glo the place where you live looks so... brittish :). (Its a positive i mean ).

Woodrow
12-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I love the early morning sunrise. the colors are so different and so much of a dream like quality. Those are some very beautiful pictures.

snakelegs
12-26-2007, 10:22 PM

I want to see some pictures tomorrow, taken by you at the crack of dawn!! Come on, you sleepy-heads ... you can do it! :D

Between Fajr and going back to bed, just take a picture of the view from your window!!
Remember to go to bed early though. For those of you in the UK, that means NOW! :uhwhat

i think one reason i could never be a muslim! i can't imagine waking up for prayers - esp. when it's cold.
i'm a night person and only see dawn when i'm either still up or when i get up to go to the bathroom.
but i must say when i lived in canada i would watch dawn come up over lake ontario and it was awesome because it is so gradual up north...it was enough to make you want to pray (though i didn't back then).

Woodrow
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
these are some early morning pictures I took in Connecticut back in Nov. Not quite sunrise, but shortly after.

Woodrow
12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
A few more, these are my sisters back yard and what I woke up to every morning.

-Elle-
12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Beautiful pictures..the last one seems like something you'd see on a postcard :)

Sunsets and sunrises here are various...they can be plane and blue or multicoloured.

Most of the sunsets are stunning,with a mix of pink,vivid orange,purple and light blue all blended together...stunning scene,*just remembers*Waiit!I have pictures!I just remembered.

LOL.

here,(not very good quality though,I took them with my cell :S.The light colours should be darker and the darker colours should be lighter,strange,I know):

Sunset:

snakelegs
12-27-2007, 02:18 AM
thanks, woodrow. there are only 2 things i miss living here in southern california: the leaves turning (tho you can see it if you go to the mounatains) and lighning bugs or fire flies - do you remember them? (sigh)

glo
12-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Those autumn colours are beautiful, Woodrow.

I cannot wait for the leaves to return on the trees ...

(I am setting up a photobucket account as we speak :))

snakelegs
12-27-2007, 03:59 AM
i learned about photobucket through woodrow too - it is shockingly simple!

glo
12-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Do you have any pictures to share, Snakelegs? Since you seem to have a photobucket account ... :)

snakelegs
12-27-2007, 04:08 AM
no, i don't even have a camera. the pictures i've posted mostly all came from the web - a couple were some that a friend took in the desert.

PraiseB2Allah
12-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Those are amazing pics, i love the sunset and sunrise....I wish i could go outside every morning and watch it, but i don't have any2 that is willing to go...but what is even more amazing is u can reflect on Allah's blessings...

All of the pics are really nice, but my favorite is the last one....Thanx for sharing

truemuslim
12-27-2007, 05:12 AM
yes glo... i know...thats my point... its my chance to SLEEEEPPP..no school....so lovely to hear..isnt it?

glo
12-29-2007, 04:47 PM

You guys are letting me down!!
Where are your early morning pics???

~Taalibah~
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I took one of sunrise but i dont like it pert of a house is showing and its just not acceptable,lol! I'll go outside tomorrow and get a good one Insha'Allah. Heres a sunset for now.

glo
12-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Nice picture, Sabeeha.
Looking forward to your next one.

I wonder if there is a way of telling from a picture whether it is a sunset or a sunrise??? (Not knowing the direction it was taken in, of course ...)

Is the light different in any way?

guyabano
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
My son and I went for an early morning walk to watch the sunrise.
Here are some pictures to share. I hope you like them.
(Thank you to Woodrow for lending me some space on his Photobucket account!)

I always say: In the early morning hours, life is still peaceful on earth. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us

adeeb
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
very nice pictures you'd taken... masha Allah...

here, i cant find nice scenery to be taken to... my house surrounding with buildings... metropolitan city... no space for just even breathe...:zip: :D

Woodrow
12-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Nice picture, Sabeeha.
Looking forward to your next one.

I wonder if there is a way of telling from a picture whether it is a sunset or a sunrise??? (Not knowing the direction it was taken in, of course ...)

Is the light different in any way?
I think you could, if you had several pictures from the same general area at the same time of year and some taken at sunset and some taken at sunrise. There should be a difference in the shade of red seen with the brighter red seen at sunset. this will be because the sunset one is light passing through warmer air and because the daylight air typically contains more dust that causes brighter colors for then the sunrise one.

So if I see 2 pictures I would probably be right in saying the brighter one is a sunset.

guyabano
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
you can see a difference between an sunset and a sunrise. At night is less pollution, so the air is cleaner. The light diffused by the sun appears more bright as it has to pass less dust particles, though, changes less to the red spectrum, speak infrared. During day, pollution is more intense, so when sunset, the light coming from the sun, again, has to cross longer distance through atmosphere. So the frequency of the light turns into the red, the sun appears red glowing.
Note, that a sunset over the ocean is not so red glowing as over a city like New York, because the air is not so polluted.
In the eye of a romatic person, an sunset over an polluted city is more beautiful than over the ocean, as more red glowing.

Excuse me my bad english, specially when explaining scientific stuff

truemuslim
12-31-2007, 10:07 PM
hmm....(thinking of an excuse...feeling embarrased all u guys got pics...wakin up early n stuff)....(still thinking...)... OH GOT ONE!!! woops..did i say that one outloud? hehe... (feeling more embarrased...)

here it goes... shhhhhhi i forgot it!!... juss a sec. i seriously lost it...wait...

oh yea alhamdullah i remembered... lemme write it quickly before i forget again.. ok the reason i dont take pics for this is cuz all u'd see is a boring...boring...nieghborhood...(at least in detroit u can take a pic of someone robbing a house...lol jk) so if i got outside right now u will only see some cut grass and a sleepin neighborhood... bye... (verry nervous)

(hoping u will fall for dat excuse)

ok fine!! seriously i aint lyin bout it...

bye bye

:w:

muslim1
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Thank you all guys for the nice pix. They are so beautiful, and ur feeling to share them is more beautiful. :)

I have some pix of Kaaba and Medinah mosque but dont know how to put them. I will try to search for the account you talk about!

truemuslim
Your comments and excuses made me laugh my heart out! No I have to get it inside again. :)

kitten
01-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm an avid nature photographer and think this one is so beautiful

:) Thank you for sharing!

Woodrow
01-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I took these just a few minutes ago. Yes it is sunrise here in Austin.

I just had to add this one for contrast. This is about 30 minutes after the above picture, taken from my patio. The colors fade so fast when the sun breaks the horizon.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Dawn is so beautifull... good pics woodrow.
i too took some pics this morning.. however didnt venture outside because fo the snow and its still snowing really heavy now.. anyhow.. here my pics...

and 1 hour later... completely white...

Woodrow
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Very nice, I don't blame you for staying indoors to take them it is a little cooler in the UK then here in Austin.

I like this picture best.

But the contrast with this one makes an impression. How, fast your weather changes.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM
The changes are so fast sometimes.. 30 mins ago the sun broke through and now its begining to snow again... i dont mind it actually, well as long as i dont have to go out in it. lol.

iwuvaziaf
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM

gosh, i hear that too often.. apparently i heard four-five hours is enough sleep and thats having a good night?

format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
The changes are so fast sometimes.. 30 mins ago the sun broke through and now its begining to snow again... i dont mind it actually, well as long as i dont have to go out in it. lol.
wow.. its snowing in Durham.. it was predicted the same for the South-East but we just got some icy-cold weather going on.. it feels like it might snow in the nighttt.. whooosh, cant wait.. i love snow!!!

p.s. naiiiiiiiiiiice pictures.. i might post some up tomorrow.. only if we have snow..

I loved early mornings in Pakistan.. i dont know if they were prettier because i was in the North and in a mountainous area but whoa.. sum memories i will never forget.. one, the feeling when it rained and other, mornings - the colours in the sky.. :statisfie

salamaleykum..

glo
01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I love the colours and the cloud formations, Woodrow. Thanks for sharing. :)

No snow for us down south, (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯). We had a flurry for a little while, but not enough to stick.
My children would have loved some snow!

crayon
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
These pictures are all beautiful, mashallah.

north_malaysian
01-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I took these 2 pics after Fajr Prayer today. These pics were taken from our home.

2169543329 9e87f4cfd9 1?v0 -

2169536225 6783236e2d 1?v0 -

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
^^^ oh is that malaysia?? i luv it but i never been there or seen pics...and already luv it... i think cuz the people...

north_malaysian
01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
^^^ oh is that malaysia?? i luv it but i never been there or seen pics...and already luv it... i think cuz the people...
I took it using cellphone camera... the images were not really clear right? But I love the "dome" colours. It was taken at 6:50 AM Malaysian Time.

Qurratul Ayn
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Peace

Beautiful pictures!!!

peace to all

Woodrow
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I took it using cellphone camera... the images were not really clear right? But I love the "dome" colours. It was taken at 6:50 AM Malaysian Time.

They are very nice picture. the graininess of a cell phone gives a textured appearance that reminds of the type of landscapes of Monet. I know professional photographers that use all kinds of filters and screens on their cameras to try to get that effect.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-08-2008, 03:29 PM
:salamext:

This is a picture that my brother took a long time ago. I think it's a sunset, though:

Khayal
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
:sl:

these pics I've taken from the net.

Souljette
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
^^ That's a BEAUTIFUL PICTURE along wit the other ones tooo...mashallahhhh

Danah
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh thats beatiful pictures. sometimes I can see the sunrise especially when I get up very early to study for the exams. but I dont go out the home, just watching the sunrise from the window

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
oh wow with a cellphone lol... i still love malaysia tho... still a mystery but yeah

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 04:24 AM
oh wow with a cellphone lol... i still love malaysia tho... still a mystery but yeah
Yes, our country is so mysterious.... no wonder we have lots of ghost stories....:phew

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
They are very nice picture. the graininess of a cell phone gives a textured appearance that reminds of the type of landscapes of Monet. I know professional photographers that use all kinds of filters and screens on their cameras to try to get that effect.
Monet? Wow.... thank you.:peace:

Woodrow
01-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Monet? Wow.... thank you.:peace:
It is true:

Here is Monet's Masterpiece titled "Sunrise" He was trying to get the same effect you got with your cellphone.

[IMG]

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 04:37 AM
It is true:

Here is Monet's Masterpiece titled "Sunrise" He was trying to get the same effect you got with your cellphone.

I think mine is better because the sky colours are natural, made by God. :okay:

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Yes, our country is so mysterious.... no wonder we have lots of ghost stories....:phew
...:scared:...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT MESS UP UR COUNTRIES REP!!!!!! lol jk... we all know ghost stories are lies... kinda like the stupid ghost hunters here in the u.s..lol

جوري
01-09-2008, 04:39 AM
[QUOTE=Woodrow;895315]It is true:

I love it when the water looks like silver ice admixed with a touch of sunshine..
it is a disparity of emotions... sometimes I feel like silver water admixed with sunshine but I am not quite sure how that would translate to an emotion?..thanks for sharing the monet.. I enjoy art/art history tremendously

jazaka Allah khyran

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 04:41 AM
ok glo and all of u... i took the dare...woke up early...and took a pic of the sunset... so pretty...

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 04:45 AM
ok you people kno me... i feel bad when doing something like this... i was gonna tell u anyway... that ^^^ is a lie... i didnt wake up early... (actually i did... omg its so cool how i was actually able to wake up at 11:45 today because i had an online class in my homeschool... i was only 45 min. late this time... hehe...but still) and i didnt take that pic.. i just thought it was preetttttty... look at the masjid behind...

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 04:46 AM
...:scared:...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT MESS UP UR COUNTRIES REP!!!!!! lol jk... we all know ghost stories are lies... kinda like the stupid ghost hunters here in the u.s..lol
Well... Malaysia is in the heartland of southeast Asia, the place where there are millions type of Ghosts.

Have you ever seen a Thai ghost movie? Thais and Malays adhere to different religions, but the ghosts are just the same.

For me, ghosts are not the spirits of dead people, but they are satans and jinns.:skeleton:

"Ghost Hunters" is so famous in Malaysia. In fact we have lots of groups like them... we also have reality show called "Entiti" ("Entity") where a volunteer would be taken to a haunted place and leaved there from 12.00 AM until 5.00 AM.

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 04:52 AM
^^^ wow... yes i would call them jinn too... but not ghosts... here people have ghost radars... and all that stufff... we got a show too...

Woodrow
01-09-2008, 05:01 AM
ok you people kno me... i feel bad when doing something like this... i was gonna tell u anyway... that ^^^ is a lie... i didnt wake up early... (actually i did... omg its so cool how i was actually able to wake up at 11:45 today because i had an online class in my homeschool... i was only 45 min. late this time... hehe...but still) and i didnt take that pic.. i just thought it was preetttttty... look at the masjid behind...

:D Well it is a beautiful picture, and you get a few rep points for your honesty.

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 05:19 AM

:D Well it is a beautiful picture, and you get a few rep points for your honesty.
lol thanks... i wasnt gonna lie.. i was just gonna wait how long it will take you till u find out its not possible for me to wake up early and go outside unless its eid, but i couldnt wait. lol:w:

x-samia-x
01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Yes pray and then more sleep till very late.....afternoon somtimes.

Im not a morning person.
know wot u meeean .. unless i have college of course.. then its sleeping for another hour :?

beautiful pictures masha'Allah

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
here is a sunset i managed to get the other day...

amirah_87
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM

MashaAllah Ayesha that's a beautiful picture. I especially like the reflection of your camera in the window j/k (thought it was a strange looking washing machine left out in the open at first. :hiding: )..loq

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-15-2008, 01:33 PM
lol.. dont be decieved.. its actually a ufo :coolalien

i actually didnt notice it until you mentioned it...
:giggling: i must be going blind in my old age :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.