/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Preventing A Second Wife??

ommahdi0816
12-28-2007, 06:39 AM
I am a Non-muslim, but I've been studying Islam, and I want to revert. But I have one thing thats bothering me. I am married to a muslim the muslim way. My husband recently brought up the topic of possible haveing a second wife. He knows that I'm against it. So he told me that when I revert in order for me to be a good muslim wife I need to be fine with the idea that one day he might take another woman. I've read the FAQ and it helped a lillte bit but it didnt answer my main question. Is there any way I can prevent him from haveing more wifes with out us ending up in a divorce? I read somewhere that if he doesnt have the money to support a 2nd one than he can't have one, also that only in some circumstances would he be allowed to. Like a wideowed woman. I've also read that he has to have the permission of the 1st wife, and if she says no then he's not allowed to. But then I found something else that says if the 1st wife is non-muslim then he doesnt have to have her permission. Is that true? Please I need some help. I am Mentially not strong enough to deal with my husband haveing another woman. :'(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
12-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi sister, i pray that Allah makes your reversion easy for you, and that He eases your affairs.

Here are some useful links insha Allah;

http://islamtoday.com/show_quest_sec...&sub_cat_id=83

http://www.islamonline.net/english/F...ticle04g.shtml

I hope they will be of some benefit.

Peace.

syilla
12-28-2007, 11:19 PM
:salamext:

sis...why don't you asked one of the scholars or see the imaam of any masjids near you.

snakelegs
12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
he does not need your permission.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
caroline
12-29-2007, 05:04 AM
The Quran says he can take another wife only if he feels he can deal justly. And if your wife is going to be broken hearted by it, that's certainly not very JUST now is it?

You can sign a pre-nup saying only one forever.

Malaikah
12-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Hi,

I know it is probably a bit late but if you had agreed to it in the marriage contract then he wouldn't have been allowed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.