/* */

PDA

View Full Version : La ilaha ill Allah?

Awaken
12-28-2007, 07:44 AM
As' salam

These thread is regarding La ilaha ill Allah.(There is no God but God) As you all know that the meaning of the recitation above means "There is no God but God" Now this is my question. Are you sure that the meaning of ALLAH is GOD? Do you remember the verse is the Quran which stated that the angel Gabriel asked Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of your Creator? And Muhammad(S.A.W) could not read due to the fact that he is illiterate (apologise to me Muhammad(S.A.W) After several attempt by angel Gabriel to ask Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of your Creator, then Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) was able to recite the Creator NAME= ALLAH(S.W.T)

How can there be God when there is no God? I'm refering to the sentence: There is no God except God. When in fact I do believe that ALLAH(S.W.T) is the Almighty, the Divine Creator and ALLAH is not god but the Almighty Divine Creator that create all existance is EVERYTHING.
Conclusion, ALLAH(S.W.T) is more Powerful that any god. And god did not exist in the first place except ALLAH(S.W.T) So which part of the sentence that says God existed when it did not exist except FOR ALLAH(S.W.T) which existed all the time?
Shouldn't it be: There is no God except ALLAH(S.W.T)
When infact the meaning of ALLAH(S.W.T) is not God, however that is the NAME of the Almighty Creator. Please remember about how Angel Gabriel asked Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of the Creator.

It not suppose to be: There is no God but God, however.... it is suppose to be: There is no God except ALLAH. And ALLAH(S.W.T) does not mean god but that his NAME.

You get what I mean?
Correct me if you find anything wrong.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
12-29-2007, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Awaken
As' salam

These thread is regarding La ilaha ill Allah.(There is no God but God) As you all know that the meaning of the recitation above means "There is no God but God" Now this is my question. Are you sure that the meaning of ALLAH is GOD? Do you remember the verse is the Quran which stated that the angel Gabriel asked Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of your Creator? And Muhammad(S.A.W) could not read due to the fact that he is illiterate (apologise to me Muhammad(S.A.W) After several attempt by angel Gabriel to ask Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of your Creator, then Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) was able to recite the Creator NAME= ALLAH(S.W.T)

How can there be God when there is no God? I'm refering to the sentence: There is no God except God. When in fact I do believe that ALLAH(S.W.T) is the Almighty, the Divine Creator and ALLAH is not god but the Almighty Divine Creator that create all existance is EVERYTHING.
Conclusion, ALLAH(S.W.T) is more Powerful that any god. And god did not exist in the first place except ALLAH(S.W.T) So which part of the sentence that says God existed when it did not exist except FOR ALLAH(S.W.T) which existed all the time?
Shouldn't it be: There is no God except ALLAH(S.W.T)
When infact the meaning of ALLAH(S.W.T) is not God, however that is the NAME of the Almighty Creator. Please remember about how Angel Gabriel asked Prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) to recite the NAME of the Creator.

It not suppose to be: There is no God but God, however.... it is suppose to be: There is no God except ALLAH. And ALLAH(S.W.T) does not mean god but that his NAME.

You get what I mean?
Correct me if you find anything wrong.
:sl:
La ilaha ill Allah= there is no diety but God. Often people write diety as 'god' with a lowercase 'g' as this means diety as well. Obviously you can't have 'there is no God but God', that is the same as saying 'there is no Allah but Allah', which doesn't really make sense.

God, as in the God in the Bible and Allah are the same. Some say it is better to use Allah as it increases people's awareness of their Muslim identity, or because the word 'God' is decended from the name of some kind of ancient Germanic deity, whilst others think it is better to use 'God' because it allows non-Muslims to relate to Muslims better and understand that they both believe in the same diety.
:w:

Pk_#2
12-29-2007, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Obviously you can't have 'there is no God but God', that is the same as saying 'there is no Allah but Allah', which doesn't really make sense.
Well said, it could also mean there is no other God BUT Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)

As in there is only one God, Yah Tawhid!

Oops I accidentally repped myself, trying to edit, ahh well

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah Fishman and thread starter

crayon
12-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Allah is actually not the arabic word for god.
Elah is the proper translation for "god". Allah is a specfic name, which is the name of the one and only god, the god that abraham, moses, jesus, and mohammed all called us to worship.

""Allah" comes from the Arabic word "elah"a god' or something worshiped. - (Arabic) means '

This word (elah) can be made plural (gods), as in "aleha" and it can be male or female just as the word in English can be "goddess.""

However, Allah can not be made into a plural form, nor into a female form. So god=ilah. Allah is a specific name.

source

wa allahu a'lam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Well said, it could also mean there is no other God BUT Allah (subhana wa ta'ala)

As in there is only one God, Yah Tawhid!

Oops I accidentally repped myself, trying to edit, ahh well

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah Fishman and thread starter
''There is no God (capital 'G') but God (capital 'G')'' does not make sense, as God with a 'G' is a proper noun. It is like having a club motto saying 'there is no James but James'.

'There is no god (lowercase 'g' but God (capital 'G')'' does make sense, as god with a 'g' is a common noun. It is like having a club motto that says 'there is no leader but James'.

Allah is actually not the arabic word for god.
Elah is the proper translation for "god". Allah is a specfic name, which is the name of the one and only god, the god that abraham, moses, jesus, and mohammed all called us to worship.
wa allahu a'lam.
True, but Allah is the Arabic equivalent of God with a capital 'G'. God with a 'G' is a specific name, the name the Bible gives for the god that all the prophets (peace be upon them) were called to worship. However, god with lowercase 'g' means deity, or Elah. It is not a specific name. An example of this would be ''Vishnu is a god (lowercase, meaning a diety), but he is not God (uppercase, meaning the One God)''.

This word (elah) can be made plural (gods), as in "aleha" and it can be male or female just as the word in English can be "goddess.""

However, Allah can not be made into a plural form, nor into a female form. So god=ilah. Allah is a specific name.
In English any noun can be pluralised, regardless of whether it should be or not. There is only one US state of Seattle, but you can easily say 'Seattles', despite it not really being a word. You aren't supposed to pluralise God (capital 'G'), but you can. 'Gods' (with a capital 'G' again) technically isn't a real word. Same with 'Godess' (capital 'G'), its not supposed to be used, but it can.

Pk_#2
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
WalaykumSalaam,

Oh seen, Now I get what you mean by the capitals,

AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh little one..

Tv time!!!!!!! Bye jokes

Fishman
12-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I think one of the problems of English is that it relies so much on punctuation. If you miss out the apostrophe in ''All things are God's'' then it turns from a virtuous statement that everything belongs to God into a statement that advocates polytheism.
Ans you can't solve the problem by just getting rid of punctuation either as without it things would just be confusing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.