/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of These Types Of Letters

tresbien
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition. I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.I want to inform you that I have successfully transferred the fund out of my bank to someone else account who was capable of assisting me in this great venture.Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness' you showed at the course of the transaction I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of $750,000.00.

I have authorized the finance house where I deposited my money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.My dear friend I will like you to contact the finance house for the collection of this international certified bank draft.

The name and contact address of the finance house is as follows.

Telephone: +
Chief Operating Officer: MR. .............

At the moment, I'm very busy here because of the investment projects which I and my new partner are having at hand in France. Finally, remember that I have forwarded instruction to the finance house on your behalf to send the bank draft to you as soon as you contact them without delay.

Please I will like you to accept this token with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart.

Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon.

Your Sister,

Mrs.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*WhisSPeR...*
12-28-2007, 11:16 AM
What is this supposed to be?:confused:

czgibson
12-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Greetings,

This is a very simple con trick of a type that has been all over the internet for some time now. The sender will ask for your bank details, so that they can transfer money through your account. You can guess what happens after that. So:

NEVER GIVE YOUR BANK DETAILS TO ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW OVER THE INTERNET.

Most of these cons come out of Africa. Nigeria is famous for them. It's very sad, really. It shows how desperate people in Africa are to get hold of some money to survive on.

The best thing to do is to ignore these. If that makes you feel callous, give some money to charity, so you can control how much you give. And don't forget:

NEVER GIVE YOUR BANK DETAILS TO ANYONE YOU DON'T KNOW OVER THE INTERNET.

Peace

glo
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Another warning: conmen may get your email addresses through various sources, including internet forums.

I get emails such as this once in a while - and always zap them.
At a time when I was active in the Christian Forum, I would suddenly get these emails sent by alleged 'born again Christians'.
After I became a member here in LI, I suddenly received similar emails allegedly sent by people called Abdullah or similar ...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
12-28-2007, 06:34 PM
It's a scam. Delete them and forget about them.

UmmSqueakster
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Ah, the old 419 scam. I just delete or send a scathing "shame on you" message if the name is muslim-ish, but one day when I work up the courage, I'm going to mess with their heads. Google "419 scam" for some hilarious fun.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.