/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Filipino Embraces Islam

Uthman
12-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Bandar Seri Begawan - After living in the Sultanate as a tailor for three months with her converted Muslim sister, Amerah Azeyah binti Abdul Rahman, 43, a Filipino previously known as Rebecca Pereyra Capistrano, decided to embrace Islam as her new religion.

The conversion ceremony took place yesterday afternoon at the residence of Hj Saidin bin Hj Saban in Perumahan Kampong Rimba.

Nur Syafiqah bte Abd Rahman, 13, niece of Amerah Azeyah, also converted during yesterday's ceremony for the underage 'sharak'. Nur Syafiqah was previously known as Camille Pereyra Sabularse. "My feeling and heart told me that this is the right path. Islam is very good.

While living with my sister, she has taught me much about Islam," said Amerah Azeyah.

"I decided to convert in November and my brother-in law helped me with the process," she added.

"This year, as of November, there were 421 conversions, whereas in 2005 we had 496. We target around 500 annually. We give these newly converts welfare assistance in any way we can but we also encourage them to be independent in Islam," said Acting Director of Islamic Dakwah Centre, Awang Hj Mohamad bin Garing who also attended the ceremony.

Also witnessing the conversion was Hjh Siti Ara bte Hj Berudin, a conversion officer from Islamic Dakwah Centre, friends and family members.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
adeeb
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
alhamdulillah... May Allah make her easy to study islam...

Whatsthepoint
12-29-2007, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
We give these newly converts welfare assistance in any way we can...
Hmmmm...:hmm:

Cognescenti
12-29-2007, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Yes...does sound a bit like "pay to play". But we are being cynnical, aren't we? I wish her happiness in her new faith.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
12-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
We give these newly converts welfare assistance in any way we can...
I see where you're coming from. Let's remember that in Islam we believe that Allah judges actions by their intention so ultimately what goes around will come around. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
I wish her happiness in her new faith.
As do I. :)

Regards

Whatsthepoint
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
:)
As do I. :)
And I. Especially if she is sincere which I strongly suspect she is.

Umer
12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Allah Hu Akbar

north_malaysian
12-29-2007, 11:00 PM
God bless Brunei Darussalam...

umar113
01-02-2008, 04:28 AM
i hope more people embrace Islam through him, ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.