/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Don't attack Malaysia...

north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Zainuddin Maidin tells Indonesian media not to 'attack' Malaysia

KUTA (Bali): The Malaysian mass media will not allow Indonesian opposition parties the opportunity to run down its government and Malaysia hopes the same sensitivity will be applied by the Indonesian mass media.

Information Minister Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin this was because Malaysian newspapers and television stations respected the non-interference in line with ASEAN's position not to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.

"Malaysian newspapers will not attack the Indonesian President and meddle in the internal affairs of Indonesia. The Malaysian media will not do this," he told Indonesian reporters here on Friday.

"What is disappointing is that the mass media here has given the Malaysian opposition the opportunity to attack Malaysia. In Malaysia, we will not allow anyone to attack your President or Vice-President", he added.

Zainuddin, a former journalist, said it was important for the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia to refrain from publishing negative and sensitive reports in order to improve bilateral ties.

He said the Malaysian and Indonesian governments were making efforts to resolve problems resulting from exaggerated media reports which had hurt the feelings of the public in both countries.

"Reports carried by the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia have created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings.

"What is important is to show the many positive sides from the close bilateral ties like the success of the Indonesian workers in Malaysia who returned home to rebuild their villages with money earned from working in Malaysia," he said - Bernama.

Source: The Star, 30.12.2007, page 7

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 11:32 AM
And this is my answers to him.

The Malaysian mass media will not allow Indonesian opposition parties the opportunity to run down its government
Well... Indonesian opposition parties dont need Malaysian mass media to do that as they have "freedom of press" there... not like our country.

and Malaysia hopes the same sensitivity will be applied by the Indonesian mass media
Scared huh? :exhausted

Information Minister Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin this was because Malaysian newspapers and television stations respected the non-interference in line with ASEAN's position not to interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.
Is it?

"Malaysian newspapers will not attack the Indonesian President and meddle in the internal affairs of Indonesia. The Malaysian media will not do this," he told Indonesian reporters here on Friday.
Hypocrite!! But our media did attack President of USA, PM of UK, Leader of Myanmar.....

"What is disappointing is that the mass media here has given the Malaysian opposition the opportunity to attack Malaysia.
The opposition is not attacking Malaysia, it is attacking the corrupted and undemocratic government of Malaysia led by ultra-nationalists.

Thanks for not providing freedom of speech in Malaysia, thus the opposition has to use media in other countries...

In Malaysia, we will not allow anyone to attack your President or Vice-President", he added.
But allow to attack President of USA, PM of UK etc.

Zainuddin, a former journalist, said it was important for the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia to refrain from publishing negative and sensitive reports in order to improve bilateral ties.
Yeah... a former journalist who is not intelligent and become a minister because he ultra-praising the goverment.

He said the Malaysian and Indonesian governments were making efforts to resolve problems resulting from exaggerated media reports which had hurt the feelings of the public in both countries.
those problems are created by Malaysian government ie. Rasa Sayang song, treatment of Indonesian immigrants etc. Why should blame the media...blame the government.

"Reports carried by the mass media in Malaysia and Indonesia have created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings.
Reports carried by mass media in Malaysia created a lot of misunderstanding and hurt some feelings among Malaysians too.

"What is important is to show the many positive sides from the close bilateral ties like the success of the Indonesian workers in Malaysia who returned home to rebuild their villages with money earned from working in Malaysia," he said - Bernama.
yeah right.... and the stories about Indonesian maids being abused, discriminations against the immigrants, racial slurs against Indonesians and how illegal immigrants are treated like animals should be swept under the carpet.

Conclusion: I dont think the Indonesian mass media would stop "attacking" the Government of Malaysia. Which is cool.... something that we are deprived of doing it in our own country.:raging:

Muslim Knight
12-30-2007, 12:16 PM
I can only tell one thing to Zainuddin Maidin;

"Get a degree, Zam!"

Last time he tried provoking Muslim Youth Movement Malaysia (ABIM) into supporting the Government over issues tussle with Hindu Rights Action Force (HINDRAF), which claimed marginalization of poverty-stricken Indian minority in Malaysia, which pretty much had nothing to do with Islamist movements.

adeeb
12-30-2007, 01:48 PM
hmm, no need to be scared... our muslim and ethnic brotherhood will live longer than ever....:smile:

the freedom of press here, not really good... many liberal organisation own the media and provoke people with their thought that's really bad especially for muslim...:thumbs_do

by the way...

we just separated by government...don't we?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I can only tell one thing to Zainuddin Maidin;

"Get a degree, Zam!"
I could still remember his interview with Al Jazeera: "Do you think we Burma, we Myanmar, we Pakistan...":hiding:

north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb

the freedom of press here, not really good... many liberal organisation own the media and provoke people with their thought that's really bad especially for muslim...:thumbs_do
At least it's 1,000 times better than Malaysian mass media...which propagates that the Government could never be wrong and anything came out from the opposition are 110% lies

adeeb
12-30-2007, 02:04 PM
ok... that's pretty bad... hope everything get better...

north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 02:07 PM
ok... that's pretty bad... hope everything get better...
Please pray for us that whosoever that would lead this country in the future is not a corrupted, greedy and bad person...

Amin Ya Rabb!

adeeb
12-30-2007, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Please pray for us that whosoever that would lead this country in the future is not a corrupted, greedy and bad person...

Amin Ya Rabb!
amin ya rab.. pray for my country too...

many disasters these days...floods and earthquakes.. May Allah give my country good leader that can be patient leading this country...and end all corruption that lies in every politician's blood and head...imsad

north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 02:32 PM
amin ya rab.. pray for my country too...

many disasters these days...floods and earthquakes.. May Allah give my country good leader that can be patient leading this country...and end all corruption that lies in every politician's blood and head...imsad
Amin Ya Rabb!!!

Muslim Knight
12-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I can only think the main reason why Allah hasn't given the Muslims the power yet to revive the Khilafat and bring back the glory of Islam; because we let morons to govern over us.

north_malaysian
12-30-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
I can only think the main reason why Allah hasn't given the Muslims the power yet to revive the Khilafat and bring back the glory of Islam; because we let morons to govern over us.
I think that BN would rule us like FOREVER... not because of they're popular... but because they use dirty tactics.... ie. controlling the media.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.