/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ipod touch ??

mariam.
12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I want to ask is any one have IPod touch here? if yes .. is it easy to deal with it? especially when you download your Images, video and audio from computer (windows XP) to it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mariam.
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
So, what's the differents between it and the normal mp3 in this field?

please answer me because I interest in it .. but I am soo indecisive.

chacha_jalebi
12-30-2007, 10:21 PM
i pod touch is the new one with the video and all that and its like £100 innit

and normal mp3s are normal mp3s . . .

every 6 months ipod make a new model and its really annoyin when you buy somethin for £100 and in 6 months its like £50 pssssh

and yesh they are proper easy to use and stuff

mariam.
12-30-2007, 10:27 PM
then .. you think that it's easy to deal with it? or not.

it's soo bad, to buy it then you can't use it because you don't know how!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
:salamext:

Sister, these links might be helpful insha Allah;

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/guidedtour/

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPo...ures_Guide.pdf

http://www.ipodtouchguide.com/

qassy!
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah its easy!

I got one

Just use itunes and drag and drop

if you need help just make a thread and ill help your its so easy!

Your videos might need to be converted to support the ipod Touch video format so just use this FREE tool
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-touch/

Noddy
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I have an ipod touch and its great with the amount of the things you can do with it. I've hacked (jailbroken ) my ipod which allows me to add extra features which you don't get with the Ipod touch.

mariam.
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noddy
I have an ipod touch and its great with the amount of the things you can do with it. I've hacked (jailbroken ) my ipod which allows me to add extra features which you don't get with the Ipod touch.
Like what?

mariam.
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
yeah its easy!

I got one

Just use itunes and drag and drop

if you need help just make a thread and ill help your its so easy!

Your videos might need to be converted to support the ipod Touch video format so just use this FREE tool
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod-touch/
thank you brother, I download it, but I want to ask .. which type of Image does it understand and what about audio and video? mp4 & mp3 I think?

this software can convert any type of file to be support the ipod touch?

qassy!
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
thank you brother, I download it, but I want to ask .. which type of Image does it understand and what about audio and video? mp4 & mp3 I think?

this software can convert any type of file to be support the ipod touch?
Salam Sister

iPod Touch supports the following formats of playback:
Audio

AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

f you have a song your iPod cant play iTunes will convert it automatcally

Video
H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Yeah it sounds complicated

and the free software you downloaded can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper video formats (MPEG-4, H.264) that play on the iPod touch.

Hope this helps!!

Noddy
01-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Like what?
You can have all the iPhone features (weather, maps, stocks) with a jailborken itouch. There are countless features you can add such as different themes ( i have a windows vista theme) games etc.... you can also download the full quran from a jailbroken iPod touch software.

Grace Seeker
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm not up on all the lingo, what does "jailbroken" mean?

Noddy
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
I'm not up on all the lingo, what does "jailbroken" mean?
In other words "Hack"

mariam.
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
from where I can download this (jailbroken) that talking about?

Grace Seeker
01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
In other words "Hack"
That sounds like a euphemism for "stolen".

qassy!
01-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Once you get your iPOd its a simple guide you can follow.

Noddy
01-04-2008, 11:18 PM
First of all you will need to tell me which iPod touch you have (1.1.1 or 1.1.2) then i'll be able to give you the right links.

try visiting www.ipodtoucnfans.com

Noddy
01-04-2008, 11:19 PM
First of all you will need to tell me which iPod touch you have (1.1.1 or 1.1.2) then i'll be able to give you the right links.

try visiting www.ipodtoucnfans.com/forums

Noddy
01-04-2008, 11:21 PM
www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums

spelt the site name wrong.

qassy!
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Sister

Jail breaking your iPod Touch WILL loose your warranty although don't have to told them you jail broke the iPod Touch

But that would be lieing :)

Yes Jail Broken means Hack the iPod Touch

BUT

In February Apple are opening the iPod Touch to developers meaning it will be legel to install application but thats next month.......

Grace Seeker
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Interesting set of ethics we are operating under here. There are concerns about lying, but appartently none about hacking which is tantamount to stealing. How do any of these behaviors fit within the moral framework provided by any of the religious views (ways of life) expressed by the people who are either practicing or suggesting them?

mariam.
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Interesting set of ethics we are operating under here. There are concerns about lying, but appartently none about hacking which is tantamount to stealing. How do any of these behaviors fit within the moral framework provided by any of the religious views (ways of life) expressed by the people who are either practicing or suggesting them?
Hey, you are rightful Grace Seeker .. it's illegal to use this jailbroken, So I hope that Apple allow us to download the iPhone features with out this pro.

Just I hope.
peace

mariam.
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Sister

Jail breaking your iPod Touch WILL loose your warranty although don't have to told them you jail broke the iPod Touch

BUT

In February Apple are opening the iPod Touch to developers meaning it will be legel to install application but thats next month.......
If they open the iPod Touch to developers .. is that will be possible for all users or for those who buy Ipod touch In February.

thank you.

qassy!
01-05-2008, 09:05 PM
If they open the iPod Touch to developers .. is that will be possible for all users or for those who buy Ipod touch In February.

thank you.
Salam

Yes it will be for every iPod Touch brought before and after february. Once february comes and the new update is released all you do is plug the iPod Touch in iTunes a pop up message will appear saying you need to update and you just click continue.........its easy!

and
jail breaking is not illegal, its legal but it breaks your warrenty!

Noddy
01-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Sister

BUT

If something somehow goes wrong while your iPod is jailbrokem you can always restore your ipod which will just restart you iPod but you will lose all your songs, videos, pictures etc...

Buying a warranty is worthless unless your gonna start throwing you iPod about. If anythink goes wrong with your iPod and somehow you lose your data all you have to do is restore it simple!

qassy!
01-06-2008, 12:14 AM
If something somehow goes wrong while your iPod is jailbrokem you can always restore your ipod which will just restart you iPod but you will lose all your songs, videos, pictures etc...

Buying a warranty is worthless unless your gonna start throwing you iPod about. If anythink goes wrong with your iPod and somehow you lose your data all you have to do is restore it simple!

I know you can restore it

Warranty comes free for 12 months in the UK, and warranty is about your product coming faulty because of manufacturing defect!
Restoring will only fix software problems not hardware, warranty covers hardware problems

Noddy
01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Is Hacking harram in islam?:muddlehea

Noddy
01-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I know you can restore it

Warranty comes free for 12 months in the UK, and warranty is about your product coming faulty because of manufacturing defect!
Restoring will only fix software problems not hardware, warranty covers hardware problems
Warranty comes free for 12 months in the uk? Where did you purchase your iPod touch from? They asked me pay an extra fee but thought it would be pointless as i won't need it.

Noddy
01-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey, you are rightful Grace Seeker .. it's illegal to use this jailbroken, So I hope that Apple allow us to download the iPhone features with out this pro.

Just I hope.
peace
I highly doubt Apple will do such a thing because they will be the one's losing out here. They could just say if you want an iPod touch with iPhone features why not just buy an iPhone?

qassy!
01-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Warranty comes free for 12 months in the uk? Where did you purchase your iPod touch from? They asked me pay an extra fee but thought it would be pointless as i won't need it.
Apple Store, London, Regent street

ANY NEW electrical product brought within the UK must have 12 months warranty by law.

You iPod touch does come with 12 month warranty which is covered by Apple.

The extra they might be asking for is insurance in case you damage it e.g Crack the screen this is not covered by warranty as its not a manufacturing defect.

mariam.
01-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Salam

Yes it will be for every iPod Touch brought before and after february. Once february comes and the new update is released all you do is plug the iPod Touch in iTunes a pop up message will appear saying you need to update and you just click continue.........its easy!

and
jail breaking is not illegal, its legal but it breaks your warrenty!
is it a free update? the problem is the itune store is not open in syria yet.

So, I think that I can't update my ipod touch :laugh:, I hope they allow us to update it from Apple website.

thank you any way.
peace

qassy!
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
is it a free update? the problem is the itune store is not open in syria yet.

So, I think that I can't update my ipod touch :laugh:, I hope they allow us to update it from Apple website.

thank you any way.
peace
Slam

Yes its a free update, you do not need to use iTunes store, all you need is itunes which is a free download from apple.com and the update is available for anyone world wide who have an iPod connected to iTunes.

mariam.
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi, can any one tell me how I can change the Artwork picture .. Iam already drag one, but I didn't like it.

mariam.
01-18-2008, 01:57 PM
any body here!!

qassy!
01-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Salam

The art work picture of the music?

On iTunes right click the music file

Select option "Get Info"

Select ARTWORK tab and choose the artwork you want

simple!

BlackMamba
01-19-2008, 03:10 AM
I like the archos 605 wifi much better than the iPod touch. It has 30, 80 or 160 GB and is cheaper than the iPod touch. And if u pay an extra 80 dollars u can get a DVR to go with it. InsaAllah I can get it soon. This is a Cnet reveiw of it
http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-vid...tag=prod.txt.1

qassy!
01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
I like the archos 605 wifi much better than the iPod touch. It has 30, 80 or 160 GB and is cheaper than the iPod touch. And if u pay an extra 80 dollars u can get a DVR to go with it. InsaAllah I can get it soon. This is a Cnet reveiw of it
http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-vid...tag=prod.txt.1
Brother it depends on your needs! e.g Archos HDD based iPod Touch Flashed based
Gadget Show (UK) have done a test between the both and chosen iPod Touch to be a clear winner :D

mariam.
01-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Salam

The art work picture of the music?

On iTunes right click the music file

Select option "Get Info"

Select ARTWORK tab and choose the artwork you want

simple!
thank you brother ..

my aunt download a video on my Ipod before she send it to me from USA and now I don't know how I can download my own songs & videos with out losing this One .. please help me soon

peace

mariam.
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM
O K .. I download them NOW with out losing this video .. but any way to put it in the library? .. to be sure.

and what about photo how I can download them?

peace.

qassy!
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
thank you brother ..

my aunt download a video on my Ipod before she send it to me from USA and now I don't know how I can download my own songs & videos with out losing this One .. please help me soon

peace
Salam

When you plug your iPod Touch into iTunes make sure you choose option MANUAL SYNC make SURE the option is TICKED

Look at the picture below to see what i am talking about this is a screen shot I took from my computer:

O K .. I download them NOW with out losing this video .. but any way to put it in the library? .. to be sure.

and what about photo how I can download them?

peace.

Ok when you mean download do you mean copy content on to your iPod Touch?

You just drag and drop for music drag and drop heres an example:

Say in my folder I have 100 music files Ill highlight them all DRAG them into the iPod Section on iTunes

SAME as video drag and drop once you converted it with the software I told you

with photos put all the photos you want in ONE folder then on itunes select ipod under devices then select the Photo Tab

It has

Summary tab
Music Tab
Movies Tab
TV Shows Tab
Podcasts Tab
Photo Tab
Info Tab

make sure you select PHOTO

then Tick option

sync photo then slect in the combo box

Sync Photos from: and select CHOOSE FOLDER

then choose the folder you made with all the pictures you wanted and select

APPLY button at the bottom right hand corner!

mariam.
02-15-2008, 05:38 PM
:sl:

please can any one tell me .. If I can download free ARABIC holy Quran (for reading ONLY) with out (jailbroken)!!

If yes can any one post the link .. thank you

AhlaamBella
02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Apple dont want to share what they own so many of their products are not compatible with anything but their own products...if that makes sense lol. thats Potentially problematic lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.