/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do u Act?

shible
12-30-2007, 08:39 PM
:sl:

My dear Brothers and Sisters.

Though we were seperated by Boundaries and languages, we all feel like a whole Family.

But i want to know one thing. this is not a question of fun
but a fact that happens on day to day life

Here is my Question?

How would u act if in case one of the Forum member lands down in your country ?

Would you take time to meet him? (provided he drops a thread saying he will land over there on a specific date)

Would u give u'r contact information to him?

The reason for me to ask this Question is we may have posted numerous threads and posts. But how do we ACT towards the reality.

Alll the Fingers are not same and everyone has their own opinion. That's why i am asking this Question?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
12-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Depends on the member :D
Most of the LI male members I'd have no problem in meeting. Provided of course, it is over a maryland meal consisting of the finest chicken in the world.

It'd also depend on their actions as a person - if they're the type that shout ''paki'' at every non-white guy/gal, I'd probably not want to talk with them. Ignorance is my kryptonite - too much of it will kill me.

sabah
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
personally i would not meet up with any1 lol, im to scared they might call them self ameera, a teacher from india and turn out to be henry, a convict fresh out of jail. :statisfie

Ali.
12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah it depends on who it is.

I'm not really friends with anyone on this forum (yet?) though, so I probably wouldn't go and meet him/her :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
12-30-2007, 09:24 PM

depends on the person
ive met forum members and given them my number etc, of course i trusted them first.. :)

muslim1
12-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I would accompany him, provide housing, go with to places, make reservations, etc.

I will think of him/her as a brother/sister who is coming to a country of other language, culture, places, etc.

I will be very happy to help as much as I can. :sunny:

Intisar
12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
:w: Well, if a sister was coming to town, yeah I'd probably show her around and take the time to meet her. I'm not that much different than who I am on LI, but once you get to know me much much better, you'll notice that I'm usually a goofball.

Al-Zaara
12-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Selam aleykum,

Depends really who it is. If it is someone I know well and trust, I'd be super excited. If it's you, juju, I'd fly. :P

chacha_jalebi
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
personally i havent given my number or met anyone of the net, but but . . .

How would u act if in case one of the Forum member lands down in your country ?
well i do believe half of the forum is from my jolly old UK!!! so i dont care if they re landed lol

Would you take time to meet him? (provided he drops a thread saying he will land over there on a specific date)
erm erm erm, i dunno if i would meet someone of the net, if i knew them well and they was okily then yeah maybe, otherwise erm psssshh and its true what the sister said, that sometimes they might act like they some sort of imam and then in real life they are a weirdo loq

and contact infoo, again depends if you know the person, like in real life just because you have seen someone in face and spoken to them, it dont mean you give them your number innit, same with the net, you give out personal details because the person is kool

MartyrX
12-31-2007, 03:03 AM
I'd have to say I'd meet someone only if I trusted them. I'm sorry but you can never be too careful anymore.

adeeb
12-31-2007, 03:12 AM
i thought about the question last night...

i dunno... maybe i will meet him.. but, who are going to indonesia??

no one...

hehe maybe i'll go to England..someday..

syilla
12-31-2007, 03:14 AM
:salamext:

I've met one sister from LI

I've talked through phone with three sisters.

I'm waiting for a call from a sister, and planning to meet her one day...but she hasn't call me up yet. :raging:

-Elle-
12-31-2007, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JeffX
I'd have to say I'd meet someone only if I trusted them. I'm sorry but you can never be too careful anymore.

^ agreed.

With all the stories you here lately,it's pretty frightening.Although, from numerous posts,you can kind of tell if the person writing is a poser or a genuine muslim.

Erm..as for me,It would depend,can't say yes or no since I've never been in such a situation...although,if i did agree to itI'd be sure to bring someone along with me.

:)

Woodrow
12-31-2007, 03:49 AM
I do discourage any face to face meetings with people we meet on a forum. but, there are times it can be very constructive and beneficial, perhaps even necessary.

Caution is the key and of the utmost importance. I am aware that genuine friendships do occur on forums, but remember if it is a genuine friendship all parties will agree to conditions that are safe and halal. If it does appear that a face to face is possible and it is something worth pursuing, never agree to meet alone and be certain any meeting is in a public location. Verify the identity of the person prior to any meeting, agree to only meeting in public, agree to meet only with a person of the same gender.

If for some reason there is a legitimate reason for people of the opposite gender to meet, be certain that the female member is accompanied by an older male relative. Keep everything halal.

Never assume that because somebody told you something that it is true. Ask pertinent questions and verify all answers before agreeing to a face to face meeting. Also be certain that their is a purpose for the meeting. Simple desire to put a face with a name is not sufficient reason.

The word Caution can not be said enough.

Also be certain that if you are the one initiating the reason for the meeting, that you do your utmost to assure the other person, you are who you claim to be and give the person sufficient information and time to verify anything you have said.

Better to always keep things on the side of your safety, rather than let your thoughts of meeting a new friend end up as a disappointment or even as a danger.

Remember, nearly everything you would hope to accomplish by a face to face meeting can be done through mail, PMs or telephone. Use those as your primary options if contact is needed and resort to face to face meetings only if there is something that can not be done by any other means.

shible
12-31-2007, 03:57 AM

As i told All Five fingers are not the Same.

We see people lying down on the road.

An old Lady trying to cross the street.

A small stone in the middle of a passage.

and a new guy on your town who is absolutely new to that place.

I don't know whether such things happen in u'r country but they all happen here in India in Day-to-Day life.

I was concerned on how my Fellow Members would react on such Real Life Facts.

Because Our level of Faith (Imaan) is not specifically based on our inner actions but also according to how we ACT on the Outer World.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!