/* */

PDA

View Full Version : riba

AnonymousPoster
12-30-2007, 09:13 PM
what do u do if u have a bank account that has interest in it which is like a couple of cents a month?? is it still haram?? are there any banks whihc allow u to open an account without interest, keep inmind i live in toronto,Canada.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PersianPrince
01-11-2008, 12:46 AM
I was told if it's negligible, then it isn't worth worrying about. It kind of makes sense.

If you were a nasty landlord skinning your poor tenants with some ridiculously high interest, that's not Islamic.

Please someone tell me if I'm wrong - but considering the amount of money banks are making, getting a bit of interest from them is not being unkind to them!

syilla
01-11-2008, 02:46 AM
i think you can tell your bank that you do not want any interest...

snakelegs
01-11-2008, 04:18 AM
you might be able to open a checking account instead of a savings account. that's what i have and i don't get any interest at all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Angelzz
01-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I have had no problems with my bank --- i just went in and told them i dont want any interest however minimal coming into my account.

All they do is put some code in over the teller system and thats that --- they dont mind thats a few extra cents they get to keep in their pockets.

Malaikah
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
:sl:

I never understood what the point was of a few cents interest. I mean, serious, what a joke!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.