/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need advise on anti-islam comments

jfish71
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM
on a football form a person wrote the following on islam

Islam is a supremacist ideology that does not tolerate any other religion as equal. In the Qu'ran, the ahaddith, and the sira there are numerous verses that mandate violence and subjugation towards non-believers. Also, the example of Mohammed - in the words of muslims who witnessed his life - is of intolerance and violence towards non-believers and those who opposed him.

These examples and verses are the ones used by jihadists all over the world to justify their violence. Tellingly, while the west allows muslims to practice their faith, Islamic countries do not allow other religions the same rights. Look at Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia(where kuffars are not even allowed to enter Mecca or Medina) and of course, the Palestine Authority where christians are persecuted by both Hamas and Fatah, and you will see this is so. This is laid down in sharia law, a law that comes as part and parcel of Islam.

Since 9/11 over 10,000 acts of Islamic terror have been commited. There is not one single muslim peace movement that is actively prosecuting for the removal of the violent medinan verses in the Qu'ran (these verses abrogate the peaceful meccan ones, this is called "naskh") and indeed, all four Islamic schools of jurispudence hold that jihad - fighting in the cause of Allah - is incumbent upon al muslims and is the highest form of worship.

And that's before I get into the horrors of misyar marriages and the fact that sharia law allows a child of 9 to marry grown men.

I say all of this is an affront to humanity and I for one will stand against this and I will use the knowledge I have to challenge those who say Islam is a religion of peace and that the prophet Mohammed was a man of God.

i need some help to argue the points above, this person has got such a hatred for islam and muslims. please can someone comment on the above.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isambard
01-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Islam is a ethno-supremacist ideology.

Though I will give you the writer is an idiot.

MartyrX
01-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Ask for examples then come right back at the person. They will give an incomplete verse or take one out of context.

snakelegs
01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
i didn't know islamic scholars hung out on football forums!
who would think? ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-02-2008, 03:26 AM
I say don't bother, it really won't put a dent, Islam has survived and shall fulfill the course as decreed by God.. Normal people don't get their info. about Islam from a football forum, if they do, they are not worth the effort anyway.

I mean that is why there are libraries and books. So people can go to the source and read in proper context. Islam isn't some morons opinion of what he thinks it is or ought to be.

I'd look at how many people struggle just to make pilgrimage every year

Got to really make you wonder if one footballers opinion or those like him, matters in the scheme of things?..

يُرِيدُونَ أَنْ يُطْفِئُوا نُورَ اللَّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَيَأْبَى اللَّهُ إِلا أَنْ يُتِمَّ نُورَهُ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

[Yusufali 9:32] Fain would they extinguish Allah's light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

[Pickthal 9:32] Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah disdaineth (aught) save that He shall perfect His light, however much the disbelievers are averse.

I wouldn't bother with vermin, they are a fact of life!

thirdwatch512
01-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Tell them to red the Qu'ran and ask Muslims about their religion before making such judgments. The guy has probably never opened up an Islamic book in his life.

Also, tell him to come to an Islamic forum and ask about his objections.

But, I would not get into a debate. Do not worry about what others say. They say it about all religions. People are bigots and are scared of the unknown.

Belief_is_Power
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i didn't know islamic scholars hung out on football forums!
who would think? ;D
Yeah, well I am very religious too and I am a Pats Fans. next stop! the super bowl.

starrryeyes
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
tell him to read the ku'ran instead of the daily record.

aamirsaab
01-08-2008, 11:20 PM
:sl:
I was going to refute the points and then I realised: why? The guy/gal is a complete fool. Tell him/her to go hardcore - read the Quran fully, at least the translation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.